Replies

• gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    You only live once.
  • mwright24skinny
    mwright24skinny Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Can't find something that I will like forever so no tattoos.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Have one want more. Mine is a horse yin/yang inside a shield with c eltic mother nots on each side. I got it when my mom past. Part of it is branded for a relief effect. all for them myself.
  • Cydnie197
    Options
    I have 2, (well, technically 3... I expanded one). Two Chinese pictograms, one for Feline on my ankle and the other is the word Beautiful on my shoulder blade surrounded by a heart growing on a small vine. I wish that the one on my ankle were smaller, but now that I've lost weight, it really isn't as bad as it was (who would have thought that ankle tats could get so distorted??). I don't think I'll get any more, but you never know. I'm already "late" with my schedule... got the first one at 20 and the other two at 30...

My daughter, who isn't quite 19 has FIVE, she started getting them the week she turned 18. Most of hers are sayings or quotes. Her tatoo artist had a crush on her and "accidentally" MIS SPELLED one of them... so that she'd have to come back to get it fixed!! I wish hers were in more hidable places, as she wants to be a lawyer, but she is a die-hard, buck-the-system, FREE spirit. There's nothing I would do to squash that quality!! =)
  • moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    My first was at the ripe age of 23. I waited 17 years, until I was turning 40, to get my second. No regrets, whatsoever. I hope to get a third, that commemorates my children. They can be covered, but during the warmer months they are almost always visable. I'm never embarassed. It's just a part of ME. I'm not embarassed to be me.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I guess I am the only anti tattoo. I almost got one when I was in The Marine Corps, but I was too drunk on whiskey to even see, when I went to check them out. That could have ended very badly. I am thankful to Ezra Brooks whiskey. For me, my intial reaction when I see them on women, is that they look trashy.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Love tattoos, love sleeves, I have rib tattoos, a small hip tattoo and a small one just below my neck on my back. They dont really all match, but I still love all of them, and I'll probably get more
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have 3..love them and want some more. I'm a teacher so they have to be hidden...well the one on the top of my foot shows..OH WELL!!!:bigsmile:

I was wondering how it would be if you were a teacher and had tattoos. Cause I've been toying with the idea of going to school to be a teacher but I also LOVE tattoos...Do they just require you to cover them up or do they frown upon tattoos in a school environment?
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    LOVE tattoos and lucky for me my hubby is a tattoo artist! ;) I have 4 as of now. Three for my kids and one for my parents. When I reach one of my mini goals, I'm getting a sleeve. :happy:
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is a teacher and hers have to be covered up, they can't be visible. And then I have a friend who worked at the school district (either she was a janitor or someone who filed papers -- it was like a specific job description as she only worked there for the summer) and she had one on her wrist, she was required to wear something over it (most of the times a band-aid)
  • KariePerez
    Options
    TATTOOS I love them I have 5 and so want more!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I've always thought about getting one on the left side of my chest ... I've seen some designs that I think are really well done ... but then I always worry about what happens if I get tired of it at some point in the future. Guess if I think about that, then I'm probably not meant to get one ....
  • Pinupdollrawr
    Pinupdollrawr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have several, I have a half sleeve , which I do not plan on expanded. I have enough body space for more. I have 1 on my wrist, my hand by my thumb and a half heart with half the words saying follow me i'll follow you and my husband has the other half and when we place our forearms together its creates the heart and full circle of words. all my tattoos can be covered up and if needed i can use drag queen make up on the little tattoo on my hand. i like tattoos they can tell a story, and some are just uhm the opposite? lol
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tattoos and really don't care for them. Every time my son talks about getting one I keep trying to talk him out of it. Fortunately, he doesn't have a job right now so can't afford to get one. :happy: I hope he never gets one.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I don't have any, and even though sometimes it sounds neat or pretty, I know I would hate it as an older woman, no matter what I get. I have a 19 year old sister who now has 6 really stupid and different tattoos which breaks my heart (because I know she will regret them). My only pet peeve is when people get names or initials of friends or boy/girlfriends they haven't known very long. My sister got a friends' initials on her upper shoulder, a girl she is no longer friends with. Now whenever she wears spaghetti straps, she looks totally white trash!!

Count me in with the anti-tattoo people. I don't have a problem with them on others but I don't want them on me. I can express what's important to me without getting something permanently printed on my body. I also think it's really white trash after a certain age, no matter what it is. *shrug* Sorry, but that's just how I feel. I work in a field which requires professional dress, and it makes me cringe if I see even a small one on somebody.
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I actually spent a lot of my child hood in tattoo and piercing shops. My father has sleeves on both arms.

I haven't gotten one yet. Mostly due to me being so incredibly picky. I have to have ones that mean something to me. They can't just be a random heart or cross slapped on me. Anyways, I've finally found a design I LOVE. I want to put it on the back of my neck or between my shoulder blades. Not sure yet. (There I go being indecisive again...)

I don't trust any of the tattooists around these parts. I may have go to Vegas to find a good one.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    i think that tattoos are something that is becoming more accepted. which I LOVE! i have about 9.(working on a sleeve), and i love all of them.
    my fav would have to be the one my profile picture.
    do you have any tattoos or want any?
    do you like or hate?

and yes all of my tattoos can be covered!
    I am working on a half sleeve, I have the outline and some coloring done. I don't know how to post pictures, but it's going to look like this when it's done. http://koikoikoi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/d-holbachie-yoko-kishibojin.jpg I plan on finishing that one and then probably getting another half sleeve on my other arm.
    I like good tattoos, that are more like art than a sticker. I hate tribal, praying hands, crosses, eagles/american flags/other cheesy patriotic tattoos, getting your own name on you, cheesy or poorly done tattoos, etc. but that's just me, I realize that there are people who might not like mine but I love it!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I was talking about getting a new tattoo, with my fiance when I logged on & saw this, so I HAD to reply! Haha

I have 2 tattoos...Stars on my lower back [kinda a dumb decision when I was in High School] & then the quote "Numbing the pain for a while will only make it worse when you finally feel it" just above the stars. Pretty much from my bra line down to my butt is covered. Lol.

I want something on my left wrist...But I can't decide what

I know I'm going to get a tattoo for my dad sometime, when I get the money. He's a HUGE Cardinals fan [& baseball in general. 2 rooms of his house are strictly cardinals themed] So even though I really don't give a **** about baseball, Ima have a Cards tattoo for him on my right shoulder blade area.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have two, but I am sure I will get more someday. One is a hummingbird and one is garfield the cat.:happy:
  • BloomingLily
    BloomingLily Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't have one, don't want one, don't like them. I also don't push my opinion on others.