Turbo Jammers 2/16-2/22

Options

Replies

• jalley31
    jalley31 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey Girls! I am on here late late late! I am a nightowl and I have to do my workouts late since I have a crazed 15 month old running around! So just wanted to check in...I did CP3 today...I love this one compared to the others...takes alot of practice to get this routine down...haven't gotten it down pat yet...But dang it I WILL! Positve thinking girls! Lets kick some butt this week!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

Great job yesterday everyone :flowerforyou: Wow babybeans and msplatts...you guys rock :drinker:
    Jalley, just having energy to do anything after chasing a 15 mo old around all day is amazing...WTG on your late workouts!

Drevans-mom,
    don't know why but these last two weeks have been really rough. I'm working out, but my cravings and eating too much or too little are just killing me. Trying really hard to get control of it but you know when you slip a little you slip a little more and than your sliding...then you catch your balance and you think your safe and then you fall on your face....ya that's what I've been going thru. I think I'm suppressing stress and it's showing up in my eating. Oh heavens I'm just gonna vent for a minute....

I hear ya, when life gets crazy it's so easy to start slipping, but venting's a better way to work it all out...:smile: Kids are a big "stressor" for me. I adore them of course, but I have a boy and girl (5 yrs apart), kind of like you, they're just much older. I also have SIX step kids! That was a HUGE adjustment for me (I was adamant that I only ever wanted 2 kids at the most). They don't all live with us (3 do plus my 2), and while individually they are all amazing kids, put them together and I dang near lose my mind! :sad: You never know what cards you're going to be dealt and I'm learning you just have to play them as best you can...and now I couldn't imagine my life without them and all the craziness! Thanks, that was my VENT :laugh:

As far as posts...lately I've mostly been sticking with this thread, everyone has such positive attitudes and I get exactly what I need here...inspiration and motivation!

Also, good luck with the house hunt. We've been talking about moving, but my son starts college in another year, and then we'll have 7 more to follow. :noway: I think I'll just have to be happy where I am for a while!!!

So I think I'm doing FB today and then I just got a new abs DVD. It's not Chalene, which is a bummer, but abs are my big weak spot and I'm getting pretty frustrated. I have to try something more to tone up.

Have a great day everyone!
    :flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Jessmomof3 is a beachbody coach & really helpful if you have any questions about any of the beachbody products! She's helped me out a lot with questions I've had with all the programs.

Final tally for the day? AbJam, CP, TS and 20 min. I'm wiped out....and desperate for the last 5# to be gone! Can you tell? :laugh:

Holy cow, Sara! WTG:drinker: :drinker:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    drevans mom...(((hugs)))! I think that what you wrote is very well said and oh my gosh have I been there. Keep your chin up...you have an awesome outlook:love:

WTG on all of these workouts ladies! Keep up the good work:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Jessmomof3 is a beachbody coach & really helpful if you have any questions about any of the beachbody products! She's helped me out a lot with questions I've had with all the programs.

Final tally for the day? AbJam, CP, TS and 20 min. I'm wiped out....and desperate for the last 5# to be gone! Can you tell? :laugh:

Desperation, Kelly...pure desperation. :tongue:

Lyn - You have a PM from me. *hugs*
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Oh my lovely ladies, thank you so much for your support and understanding. I feel much better this morning. I'm gonna take out my remaining irritation and aggrivation out on my workout :tongue:
    I realized that a lot of my stress is due to the fact that I'm a control freak and there are things in my life right now that are out of my control (mortgage issue, babysitting-when she shows up and goes home etc etc). I have a really hard time giving up control and it takes me a while to adjust to the fact that there is just nothing I can do about it. I will work through it.

Jalley-You are getting in to the crazy zone right along with Sara, Dragonfly and Kelly :laugh: I think its great that you have the motivation to do your workouts that late. Proud of you for pushing yourself and getting them in no matter the hour.

Well I need to get moving!
    Keep shakin it ladies!:heart::heart:
  • msplatts
    Options
    Holy Smokes Megan! I read your post about the kids...I gotta tell ya, I thought you were 21 from your picture. You look wonderful! I may look to you in the future. Actually almost everyone on here has kids. The whole reason I finally decided to try and get healthy is because my husband and I are trying for our first.

And Drevansmom - I am a control freak as well. Sometimes it is worse than other times, but it is a stresser. So I completely understand that. Good luck to everyone today. Haven't decided what to do when I get home, but I'm doing something.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Beauties,
    So glad you all are out there and staying positive and commited to this lifestyle change! I am so grateful for all of you ~ each one of you is important an adds something special to brighten my day; thank you for that:heart:
    Drevansmom ~ Boy do I ever understand wanting to control things (and I suck at it:laugh: ,lol) doesn't stop me from wanting to try though. When things get out of (my) control it helps me to remember that God has a plan for my life, and while I may not like this uncomfortable moment, it won't be like this forever. And I'll be stronger and (hopefully wiser:smile:) once I get on the other side. You'll be fine ~ you always are so strong from what I've seen ~ I just know you guys will be all right. Tie a knot and hold on to each other. :heart:
    Dn't have any kids just the 4 min-schnauzers and my lab - you moms just amaze me with your abundance of patience and love for your families.. I really admire that because I know it's not easy.

Only got in 20min this morning (gosh, I've been so tired lately in the am ~ don't want to get out of bed. good thing I don't have a tempurpedic:laugh: , i'd never leave the house) but I plan for cp3 and ab jam when I get home. I missed working out lat night b/c I didn't finish my meeting til after 9pm and it was close to 10 when I got in. The body needed rest.

Love to All I missed ~ You are all appreciated:flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options

Desperation, Kelly...pure desperation. :tongue:

Lyn - You have a PM from me. *hugs*

LMBO, Sara! You are doing great:flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    drevans mom...that makes sense. I'm a control freak and something "new" usually gets my stress level way up there. Thinking about you:flowerforyou:

WTG on your workout , Dragonfly! Enjoy tonight's as well:drinker:

msplatts...I was thinking the same thing about Megan! Wishing you and your husband the best for a happy and healthy pregnancy in the future!
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    I did P, K, & J and Ab Jam this afternoon. Not sure if I will do anymore tonight or not. The UPS man should be bringing my new camera today and I may be playing:wink:

Enjoy the rest of your day all!!!
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Well everyone how are you all today??!!

I got in CP today! I started out not liking that dvd much but now I am kinda enjoying it! it really kicks my butt which is the feeling I love!

Drevonsmon - I hear ya on the eating, cravings, balancing and control :laugh: :laugh: I am in the same boat that is why I think I havent lost ANYthing over the past two weeks.

Hope you all have a good workout!!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    I did PK&J today. Feel really good, endorphines are up...I will make it thru another day.

Deedun-I HATED CP when I first started it because of the stupid lunges and kicks section. Now that my legs are stronger I don't mind it so much but I still just do the tap thing Mindy does cuz I don't want to strain my bad knee. I'm countin on not losing anything this week. Aside from semi crappy eating, I knew I would hit a plateau about now, I always have in the past right around the 180 mark and that's where I am. A little discouraging but I knew my body would slow down eventually. I was just hoping it would happen after 175 :wink:

Msplatts-I didn't even put 2 and 2 together on Megan. I thought she looked VERY young as well and when she said her oldest was going off to college it didn't click :laugh:

Megan-You look amazing. I wanna be you when I grow up!!

Kelly-What kinda camera? I want a new one SO bad, but I stuck with my Kodak easy share that I've had for like 5 years now :ohwell:

Dragonfly-thank you for your kind words. I believe that I am a strong person, sometimes I just forget how strong I am. For heaven sake I was a single mom for 4 years...I rank among the strongest right?? :laugh: I know God doesn't give us more than we can handle, and in trying times I have to remind myself of this and push forward.

I :heart: you guys so much!! What a great bunch we have here!!
    Tootles for now
  • megan0313
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments ladies :heart: :blushing: ...I guess it's true that kids keep you young :tongue:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Drevans mom...I purchased my first DSLR. The past few years I have gotten "into" photography and this was a splurge. It's a gift from my DH for my upcoming 30th b-day. In the next year or so I'm kicking around the notion of starting my own photography business. Actually, I have been asked to shoot a wedding this September.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/518570-REG/Canon_1901B017_EOS_40D_SLR_Digital.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=getItemDetail&Q=&sku=12142&is=USA&si=rev#anchorToReadReviews

Needless to say I'm elated!

BTW...I had the Kodak Easy Share 2 cameras ago and really liked it. It's a nice, easy to use camera for the $$$.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Family,
    Wow Megan ~ college age son??? I thought you look college age, yourself! Must be living right, fantastic:drinker: !!

Drevansmom - glad you're feeling better. i so understand the plateau - that's the place where I normally say "oh, forget it!", usually around 170-175lbs cn't seem to get well below that yet. I'm 174 right now and the weight is not coming off as quickly as I would like. I feel like I exercise more than I ever have and it's seems to be just like a1lb/wk. But i'll take it:laugh: ! We'll help each other through the plateau together!!

Did CP3 tonight just didn't have the energy for AB Jam. I am going to attempt FB and AB Jam before work tomorrow~ it will be my last taste of Turbo until Sunday. It really is addicting, isn't it?

I'll check in before i hit the retreat. Have a great nite everyone:heart:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    I did the dumbest thing and just had to share it with you lovely ladies. So seeing how we haven't eaten at home all week (yes I said all week, no this is NOT normal) I didn't really feel like makin dinner so my son and daughter and I went to the local pizza buffet place. I love their salad bar and planned on having a HUGE salad and then just a taste of pizza. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: RIGHT!!!! I did have a HUGE salad and then I proceed to eat 5 pieces of pizza (not to make excuses but they are small pieces) and then I had 2 pieces of dessert pizza. Now in my defense I did have over 1200 cals to eat for dinner but I think I blew it. hahahaha and the best part is...My weigh in is tomorrow :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Wowzers. But on the bright side I didn't eat crap today (sugar, sweets, binge eating etc) like I have been...I was too stuffed to put anything else in my mouth:laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile:

Oh dang I make myself laugh. Good times.

Dragonfly have fun on your retreat!!!!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!
    Well I think Dragonfly is rubbing off on me :laugh: I actually did PB&J and Booty Scuplt at 5 am! Don't think I'm gonna make a habit of it though :wink: I was up because I got a call at 4 am that I have a new neice!! So I was pretty wound up and excited...

Drevan_mom, Friday is pizza night at our house and I've had a similar experience many times :tongue:

Have a great day everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Dragonfly...have a great time on your retreat! WTG on your workout:drinker:

drevans mom...oh, I have been there!

Megan...woohoo on the workout! Here I thought I was awesome doing 20 minute workout this am at 8:30:tongue: :wink: Congrats on the new addition to your family:love:

As for me...20 min workout so far. Not sure what I will do at nap time. I'm thinking TS for sure and perhaps CP.

Have a great day all!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Despite last nights carb overload...I LOST 2 LBS THIS WEEK!!!! WAHOO!!! :drinker: :love: :drinker: :love: :drinker:
    I seriously thought I wasn't going to lose anything because of my stress eating. Although I've only gone over my cals twice this week, I guess all the exercise made up for it. I was SHOCKED when I got on the scale and saw that it move down :noway:

Kelly and Megan, great job on getting workouts in this morning. Megan congrats on the new addition!

I'll be back after I get my workout in....I usually do FB on Friday but I might do something else....I haven't decided yet.