• russeljames
    russeljames Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Awesome keep it up in no time you will be going farther and farther

Go girl
  • jmvh59
    jmvh59 Posts: 97
    Options
    Good for you! There will be many more NSVs to come!
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is amazing and inspiring! Note that a lot of people are advising take it slow in the sense of not being too ambitious! You so do not want to injure yourself! Good luck and well done!
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Congrats... What a huge milestone...Run Forest...Run!!!
  • freyalillie
    Options
    Well done! That's an incredible benchmark and you should feel extremely proud of yourself!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    What next?

1.1 miles...lol
    And one day when you complete a half marathon or something, remember this day!
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    HUZZAH!!!

Just so you know? If you can keep building on all that pride and excitement you have now, you'll only get faster and go longer. This may sound crazy, but don't be surprised if a day or two after your first marathon, you look back at this post, and think to yourself, "Wow, that was me!!!"

Because at one time, that was me, too.

Pride pride pride pride pride.

Go get 'em, tiger!
  • ptweightloss
    Options
    Oh wow, congratulations!
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    I'm with pony65 - joe. He has the right information, but so do the rest of the people who commented. WTG!!! YOU DID A GREAT JOB! I haven't run a mile in over 10 years, and I can't wait until I do.
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!
  • Candicem07
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! Go you! I just started working out a few months ago. The first time I jogged an entire mile I thought I was going to cry. I was so proud of myself! It took me 15 minutes the first time, and then I was able to do a mile in about 10 minutes. Now I can run 4 miles in about half an hour! It's an amazing feeling. Every time I pushed myself I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. So I guess what happens next is that you keep surprising yourself! :) Congrats!!!!!!!
  • ranjant
    Options
    So I finally did it after about a week and half of trying....I actually ran a 15 minute mile! All 220 pounds of me actually moved for 15 minutes straight. The best bit was that I was not winded.

I was in such a high when I knew I was going to make it!

Has anyone had this benchmark recently?

What is some advice you could give?

My next goal is to make it a 12 min mile or less.

The maybe add more distance...(.5 maybe over the next 2 weeks)

Thanks ahead for any support and advice! :)

Congratulations!! I know that feeling, I completed my first ironman last week. The feeling when I completed a non stop 1 mile run almost a year and a half ago carrying 270 lbs was one of the things I will never forget more memorable than my ironman finish. cherish it! =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!