Things to do before you die...serious & silly!

Options
ShelleyD81
ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
Hi, just a bit of fun!

I turned 30 this year and for some reason got very reflective! Then I watch An Idiot abroad - The Bucket List and it got me thinking about all the things i'd love to do before I die.

There are many things I'd love to do, but I've thought of one major one and a cute one!

Major one - aurora borealis, the northern lights! I've always had a taste for travel and for natural occurances and this is the one thing I HAVE to see!

Cute one - I have to try Sushi! not the packaged stuff you get at the supermarket but the good restaurant Sushi!

Just wondering what others wanted to do! x

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    My dream has been to travel to England/Scotland/Ireland - I have always wanted to do that since my childhood.... Been fascinated with those countries for far too long... I would love that more than anything before I die...
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    1. Skydiving
    2. Swim with Dolphins
    3. Go to Bali
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I want to learn to ski. I live in a Swiss ski resort and I don't ski. I can snowboard but skiing is so much more graceful. The trouble is this is a very small village and I don't want to be fitted for bindings at my current weight, also, most ski bindings have a 100kg limit and it would be so embarassing to have to get special bindings ordered. I am lucky though that I have already done all the things on the list of the people before me!
  • ShelleyD81
    Options
    I live in england, I'd happily swap with you Cramernh for a few weeks! I live here but still haven't explored the UK properly!

I've swam with the dolphins it was an amazing experience!

Skiing is another fab experience I'd love to do, how lucky to live in a beautiful place like Switzerland!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I would like to see gorillas and chimpanzees in their natural habitat. Rwanda, here I come!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Take over the world.

Runner up goals are:

Travel Canada, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, southern Argentina, and southern Chile (notice, there are no hot places on that list!).

Hike or wilderness camp alone for several months to a year continuously, preferably in Yellowstone, but the Appalachian Trail is a possibility, too.

Get a doctorate in History, Sociology, Journalism, or a similar field, then use that knowledge to fight effectively for people who can't fight for themselves.

Become an expert horsewoman, rifle-woman, and martial artist.

Manage all of the above and live to age 120 (or beyond) setting the record for the world's most badass old lady ever!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I live in england, I'd happily swap with you Cramernh for a few weeks! I live here but still haven't explored the UK properly!

Well, I just happened to be in your 'Sister' land of Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - so that makes us cousins by demographic! ROFLMAO!

I have friends in Kinlochleven, Scotland who have been desperate to get my husband and I over but, money is scarce with our horrible economy... I would love to dine in some of the best pubs of London, even experience meeting Gordon Ramsay - that would be AWESOME!
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    1. I want to change the world for the better somehow. I want to contribute to making this Earth a better place.
    2. I want to travel the world and just find myself, find out who I really am.
    3. Beat my personal problems.
    4. Become fully fluent in French and Russian.
    5. I'd love to learn how to ski.
  • ShelleyD81
    Options

Well, I just happened to be in your 'Sister' land of Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - so that makes us cousins by demographic! ROFLMAO!

I have friends in Kinlochleven, Scotland who have been desperate to get my husband and I over but, money is scarce with our horrible economy... I would love to dine in some of the best pubs of London, even experience meeting Gordon Ramsay - that would be AWESOME!

Love it! I live not far from Manchester too, I love the NE of the USA! it is so beautiful!
    Meeting Gordon Ramsay would definitely be an experience! what I've seen of Scotland is stunning hope you can make it there someday :)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Go on the Tran-Siberian Railway is my #1
    Go to Alaska, Hawaii, Australia, England, Scotland, Russia (well, that'll come with the first one, I suppose :laugh: )

Thing is, I'm 99% sure I'll get to all of them :bigsmile:
  • ShelleyD81
    Options
    I love all the 'To Do's' so far, can I steal them all? lol!
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    1. I want to change the world for the better somehow. I want to contribute to making this Earth a better place.
    2. I want to travel the world and just find myself, find out who I really am.
    3. Beat my personal problems.
    4. Become fully fluent in French and Russian.
    5. I'd love to learn how to ski.

Right on. The first three of these are mine, too. :) I wanna build and have a treehouse office, and learn how to make amazing homemade Indian and raw Italian dishes. too. :)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I would love to go to either jamaica or hawaii for a getaway before I die. :-) nothing else
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I actually have my bucket list posted online:

http://kguac.com/bucket-list/

:D
  • ShelleyD81
    Options

Wow! I love your bucket list! it's fab I think it's a great idea to put it all in writing and to cross them off when you've done them!
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options

very interesting list :)
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    Run a successful business and become very rich, travel the world with the man of my dreams...
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Sky diving, scuba diving, and to get into a cage surrounded by sharks. :smile:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Travel to Switzerland. (Was this a surprise to anyone?) I have family living there that I have never met. I would also want to learn French so that I could correspond with them.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Love sushi! Try the tempura or any oen with "crispy" or fried batter. Really loaded with calories but so tasty :)

I've seen the Northern Lights from Cary, IL - twice!

I want to, at least, help all of my kids move into their dorm rooms before I die..