Things to do before you die...serious & silly!

Options

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I am so extremely fortunate, I have really checked off everything on my bucket list already..

But the one thing I do again and again and again and never ever get bored of is travelling to kenya and studying Lions and getting up real close with them...same with elephants, too. I am actually seriously thinking of leaving the rat race here and spend the rest of my life doing just that :-)
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Go on African safari (photos not hunting)
    Walk from California to Virginia
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I go on Amtrak trips in the states all the time. We've been form Chicago to Seattle, and Chicago to San Francisco. He says, when we retire we will do the Tran Siberian Railway!
    Go on the Tran-Siberian Railway is my #1
    Go to Alaska, Hawaii, Australia, England, Scotland, Russia (well, that'll come with the first one, I suppose :laugh: )

Thing is, I'm 99% sure I'll get to all of them :bigsmile:
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    1. Marry my soulmate and have kids.
    2. Go on a trip with no determined destination.
    3. Honeymoon in Paris.
    4. Be a plus size model.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    some of my to dos are: travel to easter island, go on a safari in africa, go backpacking and get married :)
  • shelly650
    Options
    My dream has been to travel to England/Scotland/Ireland - I have always wanted to do that since my childhood.... Been fascinated with those countries for far too long... I would love that more than anything before I die...

Definitely come visit Ireland.......but make sure to bring your raincoat!!!

Ok here are some of the things I want to do, bare in mind im only 17, so I have a lifetime to achieve them!!

1. Visit Iceland
    2. Learn to speak Chinese
    3. Volunteer in a poor country once I have my nursing degree got!
    4. I love singing and would love to duet with Adele!

The first three are reality and would love to do them, And i will one day. Number four is just a dream!! I would die a happy person if I could sing with her!! :)
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to go back to Napa valley and do a hot air balloon ride and the wine train. I also, want to go past North America/ South America and abroad. I have a passport now so hoping to make some serious travel happen in the future! I'd love to go to Europe.
  • Navmachine
    Options
    1: flip a car. i've ALWAYS wanted to be a stunt car driver for the movies, and i feel like if i can just perform a stunt where i get to flip a car, i can die happy lol!

2: travel to the middle of the australian outback, with no civilization for miles, and see the stars the way my ancestors saw them.

3: own a 1957 chevy.

4: learn how to ride a motorcycle, and road trip from the east coast, to the west coast. ride route 66-woot woot!

5: own my own makeup company.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I go on Amtrak trips in the states all the time. We've been form Chicago to Seattle, and Chicago to San Francisco. He says, when we retire we will do the Tran Siberian Railway!
    Go on the Tran-Siberian Railway is my #1
    Go to Alaska, Hawaii, Australia, England, Scotland, Russia (well, that'll come with the first one, I suppose :laugh: )

Thing is, I'm 99% sure I'll get to all of them :bigsmile:

Oh nice! I actually looked into it a year or so ago. It's not as expensive as I thought it would be, if you can get decent enough airfare.
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I want to visit Havasu Falls, AZ. The only way to get there is hiking in 10 miles or taking a helicopter. I want to do the hike!

This is Havasu Falls at the northern rim of the Grand Canyon. (I've never see the Grand Canyon either so I would love to see it as well)
    havasu-falls.jpg

Travel everywhere!
    South Africa (I have a friend that moved there)
    All over Europe (Already been to Ireland, Scotland, England, and Spain)
    Sky Dive
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    It's not really a 'thing', but before I die I want to know that at that very moment in time, I am happy. Does that make sense? It does to me anyway! :laugh: It seems silly, but it's a big thing for me to just be happy.

I want to be a paediatric nurse when I'm older, and I'm waiting to hear if I've been accepted to studying paediatric nursing at a University. Actually, I have to be a paediatric nurse. It's all I've ever wanted to do. Before I die, I want to change someone's life, and save someone's life. I suppose the one thing I really want to do is make a significant impact on someone's life.

I'd love to travel too :smile:
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Quote: My dream has been to travel to England/Scotland/Ireland - I have always wanted to do that since my childhood.... Been fascinated with those countries for far too long... I would love that more than anything before I die...

I was convinced that all my talking about/wanting/wishing about visiting Ireland and Scotland was setting a poor example for my children, so watched the airline sales and bought us inexpensive tickets off season (spring break here). Huge upside besides price savings was no summer crowds! Had so much fun wandering around Ireland/Scotland, that I went back again (with kids) and included London. Life is short...I didn't want my kids sitting around wishing we'd gone, after I'm dead. A huge plus is the educational factor - and we have made good friends with people we met in both countries! Two have been over to visit us in this past year... Lufthansa is running a sale right now (and tickets are valid through spring break)...yes, I've been looking!

My to-do list includes seeing the Holy Land (if only I could be assured I wouldn't get blown up!) Also, Italy and Spain...if only I could convince my dear hubby who doesn't travel easily...

12029845.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I want to visit Havasu Falls, AZ. The only way to get there is hiking in 10 miles or taking a helicopter. I want to do the hike!

This is Havasu Falls at the northern rim of the Grand Canyon. (I've never see the Grand Canyon either so I would love to see it as well)
    havasu-falls.jpg

Travel everywhere!
    South Africa (I have a friend that moved there)
    All over Europe (Already been to Ireland, Scotland, England, and Spain)
    Sky Dive

Just saw the Grand Canyon this past summer....it was BEYOND AMAZING! :)

Check!
  • ShrinkingChelle
    Options
    My dream has been to travel to England/Scotland/Ireland - I have always wanted to do that since my childhood.... Been fascinated with those countries for far too long... I would love that more than anything before I die...

Definitely come visit Ireland.......but make sure to bring your raincoat!!!

I went to Ireland this summer, was on my bucket list ... Without a rain coat lol. But I am from an Island in western Canada and the weather in Ireland was much like the weather here/
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Sushi is my all time favorite food and I have it a few times a month. As for my bucket list, at last count I had 638 things on there. I turned 30 this week and was able to mark off one thing. I wanted to see the Rockefeller tree lighting in NYC and I did. I seem to mark things off and then add more to it. This year I have marked off quite a few things, from camping at Yellowstone national park and the Grand Canyon to seeing Orca whales and Mount Rushmore. Some of the things on my bucket list are silly like filling up everyday on a calender with someones birthday (I have to know the person) and driving a zamboni to diving at the great barrier reef and touring Europe. The great thing about a bucket list is that you can put anything and everything on there. Good luck with your ventures.
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options

havasu-falls.jpg

I just added this to my bucket list and so did my husband. He said "Damn, I know what we are doing on our next trip to the Grand Canyon!!!"
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    1. Go to Brazil I have always wanted to see the amzon rainforest
    2. Save Chichuaua and Pit Bulls I love all animals
    3. Take college classes on a subject I love just for the heck of it My logical side always says find something you enjoy and pays good
    4. ride on the back of a motorcycle I always thought it seemed to dangerous lol
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Attend game at Death Valley(LSU)
    Attend tOSU/MIch game
    Attend Notre Dame game
    Attend game at Happy Valley

Watch my kids graduate college
    Marry the man I love

lol
    Go back to school to be a therapist
    Greece
    Italy
    Australia
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Take a biking vacation somewhere.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I was dying, literally, didn't know it at the time though, and made a list. On it I put be a dr, not really knowing why, but feeling like it needed to be there. I am now in school to get my BA degree, after which I will go on to grad school to be a physical therapist....I will have a doctorate when I am done :)