Does anyone else prefer to Exercise alone?

Options
124»

Replies

• sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    It depends on what exercise I am doing. Swimming is obviously solo but dancing is definitely more fun and effective with others. Walking with my other halide good if he can keep up, cycling is nice together but I get a better burn and go longer and further solo.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I take exercise as my alone time. It's really nice to just think without any interruptions. All day I'm surrounded by people and can barely go to the bathroom without someone talking to me WHILE i'm peeing!! It's crazy! But I know that I can come home and go for a nice long run, all by myself, and not have to talk to anyone and just think about whatever I feel like thinking about. SOOO nice!!

Me too!!!
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Lone wolf here, I prefer working out alone, if I need a boost running, I'll glance at some else's machine and try to pass them or I'll just think of something else to keep me running. I like being in my own zone , no chit chat or small talk, just get in there, do my thing, and leave.
  • Toxictwist
    Options
    I prefer to workout alone too, I just turn on my music & do my own thing. + i feel I can get a better work out cuz i am gonna be pushing myself to work out & not chit-chat and keeping conversation/putting less effort into it.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i like to go alone or with my dogs when it comes to running. and i guess just alone for everyone else. i kinda like to focus on what im doing and ignore everything else.
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I like running alone, but I like to do my exercise videos with someone.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I used to love my group classes but besides that I really liked being left alone when I was working on the machines so that I could focus on the weights or read my magazines on the cardio machines. Going to the gym to spend time talking to people seemed like a waste of my gym time.
  • therenegadeangel
    therenegadeangel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes! I always work out alone. It's relaxing, I can pretty much do my own thing and concentrate. I see no purpose in talking, I'm always in "the zone" when I go to the gym so I rarely converse for very long.
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Nope you are not alone. I work out alone for the most part. My 2 kiddos join me on the weekends sometimes, but other than that I'm alone and prefer it that way.