C25k

Options
Hey everyone
starting the couch to 5k again (did it in high scool) and Im wondering if it matters that I will have to use a treadmil for this where it is now winter in Maine? I do want to do 5ks in the spring in summer, but should have plenty of outside training before them. Just looking to start running again and see if I can.... stupid question maybe.... thanks! :-)

Replies

• Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I started (and then stopped! >< I have to restart again) the C25k on the treadmill. There is a 'treadmill' version on the website. The only thing I would recommend is to do the treadmill on an incline. Running outdoors is a bit harder than running on a treadmill (since the road changes and turns) so I put it at a slight incline to compensate.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do it on the treadmill as well. It's cold here in Michigan!!! Good luck :flowerforyou:

Sláinte
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    There are versions for the treadmill. It's how most people do it now. I would actually recommend it, because you can control pace better that way. If you set your run speed to 6 miles an hour, when you get up to the last stages and are running for 30 minutes straight, you will have actually ran 3 miles.
  • BumInTheSun73
    BumInTheSun73 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you set the incline to 2.5 is helps to mimic how it actually feels to run on the road.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I've done the program on the treadmill (starting week 7 next week). Here's the schedule - I keep a printed copy in front of me on the treadmill and just follow along. http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

Definitely set an incline as well.