New GF and Xmas

Options
hofdog
hofdog Posts: 269 Member
We have dated 2 months by the time Xmas comes around, do we gift? What do I gift? I have not dated in over 17 years because I was married....so I am a bit lost...lol

Replies

• shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I think a small token of affection us in order.
  • BeSkinnyBeStrong
    Options
    Something small (CD she likes, DVD, etc) but nothing over the top.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Something small (CD she likes, DVD, etc) but nothing over the top.

Agree with this. You should definitely get her something, but something small.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Yes, something small. Don't do what either I or my now-husband did our first Christmas together.

I bought him a VHS of a movie (hey, it was the 90's) and a new pillow for his bed. FAIL for obvious reasons.

He bought me a tanzanite necklace and a framed art print. FAIL the other direction. Over the top.

Go middle ground and you'll be good.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    I'm big on weekend getaways. That's my suggestion for a gift. Doesn't have to be a big deal.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Hmm..Two months is about the right time to begin the conditioning...

I'd start with a broom and then progress to a non-stick pan by valentines day if shes cooperative. ;D
  • BeSkinnyBeStrong
    Options
    Forgot to mention that if you give something small, it gives you more wiggle room for the next gift where as if you go with something big, you'll have to top it next time! :P
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm big on weekend getaways. That's my suggestion for a gift. Doesn't have to be a big deal.

I like this.

Thanks everyone this is helping.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I think if you like this girl, you better put some thought into it. Doesn't have to be expensive, but don't be cheap either. Get her something from Victoria's Secret. NO not underwear. Like a perfume: Angels, Sexy Little Things... to me that's not over the top and unless she's one of those people that can't stand perfume. It would be a nice gift. OR you can get her those cozy snuggly PINK sock/slipper things. Who woudn't want those!
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Huh, I asked you to come up to Minnesota and help plow snow, you refused. :-)
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options

I like this.

Thanks everyone this is helping.
    Yes... that's a timeless one for any couple.
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    When I started going out with my current g/f (almost 4 years now), the first month we went on a 4 day vacation. We thought we were crazy going to a vacation so early in the relationship but hey it worked out. I just gave her some fancy chocolate truffles and it may be small but its damn expensive!
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hmm..Two months is about the right time to begin the conditioning...

I'd start with a broom and then progress to a non-stick pan by valentines day if shes cooperative. ;D

If I got that from a new boyfriend, I would probably hit him with the pan and then put the broom...well, you can guess.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options

Huh, I asked you to come up to Minnesota and help plow snow, you refused. :-)
    Hmm, it's sounds like fun, but I think I'm busy that weekend.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I also think the weekend getaway is a fantastic idea.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I say the weekend getaway. I'm assuming you are sleeping together? If not then this is a BAD idea. Unless you've been talking about it - hotel sex is the BEST EVER.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    absolutely gift. a nice necklace, bracelet, some diamond studs - a pretty watch. tickets to a hot show you can both go see - couples massage session -
    and get a nice christmas bouquet for her mom (it's the thought that counts)
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    absolutely gift. a nice necklace, bracelet, some diamond studs - a pretty watch. tickets to a hot show you can both go see - couples massage session -
    and get a nice christmas bouquet for her mom (it's the thought that counts)
    Those are all great ideas. The jewelry. But if they've only been together for two months it gives him a LOT to live up to in the future.
    Siggy jokes he regrets the rookie mistake of buying me diamond studs for our first Christmas.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    You could get her a nice big flat screen she could watch, keep it at ur place though, so she will appreciate it when she comes over. Or you could get her a gift card to a spa for a massage or any other type of pampering.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have good advice on this. My boyfriend bought me a 14k diamond charm for my birthday, after we had only been dating a month, lol.

But I would say, it depends on how serious you are about her and each other. In our case, it was pretty quick. Are you able to "feel out" the situation with her at all?