Fresh Start for the Biggest Loser!

Options
It's been about six months since I have logged in to MyFitnessPal. I feel guilty that I haven't tracked my calories the way I did in the past. I tried to count calories on my own but to no avail. I kept telling myself tomorrow, you will focus, work out, and track your calories (ha, ha). I decided to start over again and I did last night by encouraging myself and popped in a Leslie Sansone DVD. Today, I decided to post on the new members boad to refresh myself.

Six months ago, I won the Biggest Loser contest at my job. I started the Biggest Loser with a weight of 206lbs. The group consisted of about thirty-six people with various weight goals. I won the BL with a weight of 177lbs. I continued to lose weght following the contest. After all, I desired a lifestyle change, not to simply win a contest. Many people congratulated me and stated that I inspired them to want to lose weight. I encouraged them to go for it for their health.

Fast forward five months (Nov/Dec.), I noticed a few close friends in the office losing weight and looking great!. They told me that I really inspired them and thanked me for the weekly encouragment. Now, at this time, I gained about 15lbs of the weight I lost. I was still somewhat monitoring my food intake, but I was eating many snacks instead of complete meals. For example, I often arrived home between 6:30pm and 7:30pm, because of the time, I don't always want to eat a meal. Therefore, I will eat a snack and then another snack. By the time I finished snacking, I could have had a meal.

To make a long story short, I gained weight that I definitely do not want. When I won the Biggest Loser, I was not at my personal goal weight of 139lbs. I am now back on the wagon. After I finish typing this post, I will change my settings and fitness goals to reflect the side road I veered off on.

I welcome any new friends that are on this journey to good health, a walk or run in the park, resisting temptation (i.e. chocolate, ice cream, or lots of pasta w/ cheese), working out, eating more veggies, or simply looking Marvelous.

Thanks for listening (reading), I feel better already!

2Blossom

Replies

• 2blossom
    2blossom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you to my new MFP buddies. Your support is greatly appreciated! :flowerforyou: