Chicken Enchilada Casserole (Healthier Version)

Options

Replies

• emoa16
    emoa16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It says tomato, please edit and repost. I'd love make it.
  • spelham15
    spelham15 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've made enchiladas this way before, too, and they are AMAZING! Such a good flavor and actually a bit easier to prepare. Hope you all enjoy them too! :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Looks GREAT but it says stir in tomato and I do not see tomato in ingredients. Please edit and let us know what type and amount.

I'm hazarding a guess that it might be one can of diced tomatos, since they go in everything :happy: But yeah it would be nice to know for sure...I think I'm gonna try to make this and see how it turns out...
  • Elzecat
    Options
    BUMP
  • Court222010
    Options
    bump! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    "Healthified" Chicken Tortilla Casserole
    6 ingredients

Prep Time: 20 mins

Total Time:1 hr 15 mins

Servings:8 servings

1 can (10.75 oz) 98% fat-free, 45% less-sodium, condensed cream of chicken soup
    1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
    1 container (8 oz) fat-free sour cream
    1/2 cup fat-free (skim) milk
    2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
    8 yellow corn tortillas (6 or 7 inch), torn into bite-size pieces
    1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
    1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)

Directions

1 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix soup, chiles, sour cream and milk until blended. Stir in chicken, tortillas and bell pepper. Stir in tomato and 1 cup of the cheese. Spoon and spread mixture in baking dish.

2Cover with foil. Bake 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes.

Nutrition Facts

Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 610mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g); Protein 22g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 20%; Iron 8%. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Very Lean Meat. Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2.
    Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

Make it awesome. Replace the bell pepper with green chiles. Just trust me on this.
  • BecLee
    BecLee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks!!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!
  • washington_apple
    washington_apple Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing!! I love the Greek yogurt substitute and will try it that way first. I too was wondering about the tomatoes but will either dice some fresh tomatoes or use Ro-Tel to give it a bit more spice. Keep bringing on the yummy healthy (and easy!!) recipes!!!
  • Half_of_Bri
    Half_of_Bri Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    OMG, yum!!!
  • smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have this same recipe and make it on a regular basis. It is a big hit with the entire family!
  • smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Looks GREAT but it says stir in tomato and I do not see tomato in ingredients. Please edit and let us know what type and amount.

I'm hazarding a guess that it might be one can of diced tomatos, since they go in everything :happy: But yeah it would be nice to know for sure...I think I'm gonna try to make this and see how it turns out...

The recipe I have calls for one medium diced tomato (fresh) and it really adds great flavor!
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious, will have to try!!
  • Elzecat
    Options

The recipe I have calls for one medium diced tomato (fresh) and it really adds great flavor!

mmm that sounds better than those canned tomatoes ;)
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing!! I love the Greek yogurt substitute and will try it that way first. I too was wondering about the tomatoes but will either dice some fresh tomatoes or use Ro-Tel to give it a bit more spice. Keep bringing on the yummy healthy (and easy!!) recipes!!!

I am thinking about using a can of Ro-Tel too when I fix this. Hoping my bf will try it or illhave lots of leftovers for myself :P
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    bump
  • micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Wow because every loves using chicken Soup in recipe, There are better ways to make chicken enchiladas which Don't use soup and a whole container of sour cream.
    Sure it's a "great" fast Recipe but seriously canned soup is just a yucky no no.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Any cooks out there think this could be converted to a crock pot/slow cooker version?
    Like may not have to blend as much, just let it simmer?

I really have no idea, and not totally trusting the wife to convert something, she likes clearly spelled out.

But it sound great.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Any cooks out there think this could be converted to a crock pot/slow cooker version?
    Like may not have to blend as much, just let it simmer?

I really have no idea, and not totally trusting the wife to convert something, she likes clearly spelled out.

But it sound great.
    Take the recipe and basically
    Cook chicken and shred. Mix soup, ], chile peppers,. Cut tortillas in wedges. Layer Crock Pot with sauce, tortillas, soup mix, chicken and cheese all the way to top, ending with cheese on top. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours.