Salmon Dinner Recipies???

Options

Replies

• lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    PS, I just got back onto MFP. I put on alot of pounds since I got married 6 months ago. I need some help and friends!!!

I just heard a statistic that women gain an average of 24 pound after she gets married..lol..I gained about 30 pounds myself. I wish you much success!
  • mhig011975
    Options
    Have you ever had Omaha Steaks Marinated Salmon? So good!!!!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I love salmon just cut up and mixed into a nice big bowl of veggies, but lately I also really like putting it in a wrap with fresh spinach, feta cheese, and a honey mustard dressing. Yummy!

I am also not very creative, if I buy salmon that is not already pre-seasoned, I just spray a little olive oil on it and sprinkle 'salmon seasoning' (yep that's the name on the bottle LOL), toss it in the oven and BAM! Delicious. :-)
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options
    It's lovely with tinned tomatoes :)
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options
    It's lovely with tinned tomatoes :)
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I like salmon just baked with a little bit of olive oil and a bit of lemon pepper...I have made a dill sauce with plain fat free greek yogurt. My husband's favorite is when I make bourbon glazed salmon. I also make salmon patties and sometimes a salmon pie with smashed potatoes, onions and peas in a whole wheat crust.
  • tammypatterson62
    Options
    I line a pan with foil, place salmon on, chop garlic and luse lemon juice and wrap for about 20 to 30 mins depending on thickness of salmon. when it flakes with fork, it is done.
    you can also use terriakie sauce -lightly_ with the garlic.
    there is also a sprinkle seasoning that is healthly just for salmon. I havent tried this yet
  • spelham15
    spelham15 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There are few things better than frest salmon (of course, mine are of the Pacific variety, but all are great). I'm a strong believer in not "over-doing" salmon. I bake mine with a few slices of onion and lemon, fresh dill, salt & pepper to taste. As others have said either spray the pan with Pam, drizzle with olive oil or add a bit of butter to top.

ENJOY!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm a salmon purist (probably since I'm from the Pacific Northwest)
    My favorite recipe is simple, make a tin foil pouch, put the salmon in, rub the salmon with olive oil, minced garlic, sea salt and cracked black pepper squeeze on some fresh lemon juice (enough to add flavor but not enough to wash the salt and pepper off), top with sprigs of dill and whole slices of lemon and bake in the pouch at ~350 degrees F. Time will vary depending on how big a slab you're cooking. But it comes out perfect every time. This method also works well on the BBQ. If you're inclined to have a sauce I will doctor some mayo for added flavor (lemon juice, a touch of soy sauce, dried dill, black pepper and a little garlic powder).

Enjoy!

:drinker:

This sounds delicious ~ thanks! :drinker:
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have three main ways I always cook salmon. I always just bake it in the oven.....

1. teriyaki sause, serve with some brown rice and broccoli
    2. honey and basil--FAVORITE!!!
    3. make your own honey mustard with honey and dijon mustard (i like the spice of it) and bake with that on top

I substitute Maple syrup for honey - I'm not a honey lover
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Salmon Patties!

Drain really good.
    Use lemon pepper, 1 egg and 1/2-1 green bell pepper chopped
    Mix all ingredients together. Form into a patty (like a hamburger).
    cook on Med-Low slowly, want to make sure the center is warm.
    I serve mine with 1 TBSP of olive oil Mayo smeared on top. YUMMY!

I make mine out of the can. 1 large can is good for 2 people. Make sure you buy the boneless/skinless, much easier!
  • aregensb
    aregensb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is delicious and super easy -

Serves 2 (easy to double)

Ingredients:
    2 5oz salmon filets
    2 tb of dry seasonings (I use dill and tarragon)
    1 lemon
    2 tablespoons of dijon mustard

Directions:
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees Celsius)
    Heat an oven safe saucepan large enough to hold both salmon filets on the stove (high heat - you are going to sear the salmon).
    Spread the dijon mustard over both sides of each salmon filet. Then, dip both sides of the filets into the herb seasoning. Press the herbs onto the salmon to form a crust.
    When the saucepan is hot, put the salmon filets skin side down into the pan. Sear for one minute, then carefully turn each filet over and sear the other side for one minute.
    Turn the filets one more time so that the nonskin side is facing up. Put the saucepan into the oven and bake for 5 minutes for medium rare, 10 minutes for well done.

That's all! Very easy. I usually toss some asparagus with olive oil, salt, and pepper and then roast it in the oven (I put the asparagus in about five minutes before I start searing the salmon). Delicious!
  • Buddhaboy
    Buddhaboy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I got one, it's not very low fat, but simple
    Heat your oven to 400
    Take a 4oz Salmon fillet a rub it down with a little Olive Oil
    Either salt and pepper or dust a Fllet with any of your favorite Seafood Seasonings
    (I like Tom Douglas Salmon Rub...I use it on everything)
    On your stove top heat up a cast iron skillet with a tbp of olive old and tbp of butter in it
    When the butter starts to bubble drop the fillet in flesh side down for about 2 mins
    Then flip to the skin side for about two minutes
    Then remove and pop into the oven for about 10 mins
    I serve with roasted veggies and onions and sprinkle a bit of reduced balsamic vinger with it

You could make it low fat, by skipping the pan fry part and adding some cook time in the oven
    Good luck
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bump..good ideas
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    i had this for lunch today.

Grilled Salmon Caesar Salad

3-4 oz. Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon Filets
    2 slices crumbled bacon ( i bought the pre-cooked stuff)
    2 cups baby spinach
    diced red onion
    cucumber slices
    golden corn
    creamy caesar dressing

Seasoned thawed salmon filets with lemon-pepper seasoning. Grilled on medium heat for 3 minutes each side. Prepare salad greens and add remaining ingredients, top with cooked salmon. The dish was around *250 calories*, but i only used 1 TBSP. of the dressing because it's super high-cal. Very filling (24g protein!!)
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm… this makes me want to cook salmon tonight…
  • aregensb
    aregensb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is delicious and super easy -

Serves 2 (easy to double)

Ingredients:
    2 5oz salmon filets
    2 tb of dry seasonings (I use dill and tarragon)
    1 lemon
    2 tablespoons of dijon mustard

Directions:
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees Celsius)
    Heat an oven safe saucepan large enough to hold both salmon filets on the stove (high heat - you are going to sear the salmon).
    Spread the dijon mustard over both sides of each salmon filet. Then, dip both sides of the filets into the herb seasoning. Press the herbs onto the salmon to form a crust.
    When the saucepan is hot, put the salmon filets skin side down into the pan. Sear for one minute, then carefully turn each filet over and sear the other side for one minute.
    Turn the filets one more time so that the nonskin side is facing up. Put the saucepan into the oven and bake for 5 minutes for medium rare, 10 minutes for well done.

That's all! Very easy. I usually toss some asparagus with olive oil, salt, and pepper and then roast it in the oven (I put the asparagus in about five minutes before I start searing the salmon). Delicious!

Eep! Sorry I forgot to say, melt 2 tb of butter in the saucepan before you put the salmon on. SORRY! :embarassed:
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm a salmon purist (probably since I'm from the Pacific Northwest)
    My favorite recipe is simple, make a tin foil pouch, put the salmon in, rub the salmon with olive oil, minced garlic, sea salt and cracked black pepper squeeze on some fresh lemon juice (enough to add flavor but not enough to wash the salt and pepper off), top with sprigs of dill and whole slices of lemon and bake in the pouch at ~350 degrees F. Time will vary depending on how big a slab you're cooking. But it comes out perfect every time. This method also works well on the BBQ. If you're inclined to have a sauce I will doctor some mayo for added flavor (lemon juice, a touch of soy sauce, dried dill, black pepper and a little garlic powder).

Enjoy!

:drinker:

++ this one! This is how my family has prepared salmon ever since I can remember, and it's delicious every time. Especially fresh out of the water cooked over a campfire. Born and raised Alaskan here!!

I am from the mid-atlantic but Salmon is my favorite fish and my 10 year old daughters as well. I am making this tonight. Yum!
  • mindy2185
    Options
    bump