anyone find green tea help with weight loss?

Options
iv started drinking between 4-6 cups a day and im starting to lose weight again anyone else notice a difference??

Replies

• rlwzgd
    rlwzgd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have read a few articles that say some compounds in green tea can help with weight loss. I don't know if it works, but I'm drinking about 3 cups a day. Plus it tastes good! ;)
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    I take supplaments
  • MrsGreen1985
    MrsGreen1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I know it suppress appetite.I drink it sometimes but tastes so fowl. its ment to be very good to help aid weight loss
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    LOVE grren tea and if it helps w/ weight loss all the better :) good luck
  • ChefSuzzieQ
    Options
    The nutritionist I saw said that 4-6 cups of green tea that has steeped for 4 to 6 minutes has shown to increase metabolism. This could help with your weigh-tloss.
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I think its supposed to accelerate metabolism, nothing else. I was losing weight more rapidly when I was drinking 3-4 cups of it daily, but then again weight loss slows down after a few months.
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I know it suppress appetite.I drink it sometimes but tastes so fowl. its ment to be very good to help aid weight loss

^^^^^^
    i agree!!! it tastes FOWL! if i drink it i have to gulp it down. so not cool. but honestly i know people who drink it religiously and they swear by it's powers for weight loss. sighsss
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    The amount it makes me pee is just...unbearable. I'll pass. :laugh:
  • MrsGreen1985
    MrsGreen1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    LOL first ever time Ive been quoted --- very happy
  • goldeet
    Options
    If you're drinking a lot of tea, it means you're fuller, so you won't eat as much other food, which could lead to weight loss.
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i was taking green tea supliments and drinkinking green tea before i started mfp. seemed to help, but when i started mfp i noticed the sugar content in green tea bottle and stopped drinking, because i"m trying to lower sugar and cholesterol. its supposed to help lower both. any comments on this?
  • Agilx242
    Agilx242 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can't say it's helped me lose weight, but I drink it all the time-green tea with chai and a little sweetner is great to me!
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    who knows!! ive been trying to find the answer to this foreverr lol but i say if you like how it tastes, drink it! cant hurt :)
  • Hyperspace
    Options
    It doesn't do anything for me that I've noticed.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I used to drink it, and I'll say it did help suppress my appetite, but then i found out it can , suppress the effectiveness of birth control pills, so i don't drink it now, cause I'm scared :( Don't need another one of those right now.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    No, but it sure is yummy!!!!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I love green tea!
    I stopped drinking it for a while and guess what... 6 week plateau!! I've started drinking it again this week so finger's crossed it MIGHT work for me again... (If it even is true!)
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    love green tea would drink it anyway... even if it weren't supposed to aid weight loss ^^
  • iamthevieve
    Options
    i was taking green tea supliments and drinkinking green tea before i started mfp. seemed to help, but when i started mfp i noticed the sugar content in green tea bottle and stopped drinking, because i"m trying to lower sugar and cholesterol. its supposed to help lower both. any comments on this?

I buy the tea bags and use stevia sweetner. It's calorie free, but natural.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I doubt it'll be significant help but teas are good for you regardless =] I'm a tea junky lol