Operation: Sexy Claus Week #12 12.5.11 Closed Group

Options
Good Afternoon ladies! So sorry it took me a minute to post, I have been running around like a mad woman this morning. Anywho, week 12 here we are!

Where are we? Physically? Mentally? Let me know, let's discuss, the board has been a little quiet as of late and I know this is partly due to my lack of leadership. I do apologize, I have just been going through a lot of stuff as you all know, but don't give up on me....we still have 26 days to be awesome!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE81SVEtMGVTaFFpLWJveDJJOXNWOUE6MQ

Replies

• Stephinow
    Options
    We're still with you, Krys :) I've been stressed out (money/bills), and I always let that derail me. I'm better today though and looking forward to finishing strong!
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm here... was doing really good last week...and then the weekend came in full swing and I was running from the time I got home Friday to last night at midnight when we got home from a shopping trip w/ my inlaws! I had a christmas party for hubby's work, a baby shower I was helping w/ for my sis in law, and then church and christmas shopping yesterday so I have been crazy busy and am now trying to play catch up! Physically I'm exhausted! mentally I'm ok...kinda exhausted but ok... I'm thinking this weekend will be quieter thank goodness! I'm ready for quiet! :) Happy Monday everyone!

Oh and Super excited my mom is going to Zumba with me tonight... my parents live an hr away... but my mom is working up the road from my Zumba class today so she is going to go with me :) can't wait!!!!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    We're still with you, Krys :) I've been stressed out (money/bills), and I always let that derail me. I'm better today though and looking forward to finishing strong!

Thanks girl! And I am having the same stressors...but you know what, I am here to tell you God is Good and ALWAYS on time. I didn't even know how I was going to pay my rent this month, and by the Grace of God....he opened a door for me! So don't worry girl, I will pray for you!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    I'm here... was doing really good last week...and then the weekend came in full swing and I was running from the time I got home Friday to last night at midnight when we got home from a shopping trip w/ my inlaws! I had a christmas party for hubby's work, a baby shower I was helping w/ for my sis in law, and then church and christmas shopping yesterday so I have been crazy busy and am now trying to play catch up! Physically I'm exhausted! mentally I'm ok...kinda exhausted but ok... I'm thinking this weekend will be quieter thank goodness! I'm ready for quiet! :) Happy Monday everyone!

Oh and Super excited my mom is going to Zumba with me tonight... my parents live an hr away... but my mom is working up the road from my Zumba class today so she is going to go with me :) can't wait!!!!

Girl, I am tired just reading everything that you did this weekend! LOL But good for you going to Zumba tonight!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hello fabulous ones! Sounds like we are in the same boat - super busy - and along with that comes some stress! I wanted to share that anyone with money troubles - I read the BEST book that helped me finally realize how to budget & handle money :

The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey

I am much more of a "fiction" type girl - but I read this thing cover to cover. It gives you easy to follow steps. Oh how I wish I had read it before college - or during - or soon after... but at least I found it at some point!

He has a 14 week class that is about $99 for 12-14 weeks (the $99 covers all your materials). You can go to his website & type in your zip code for a location near you.

On the weight loss front - I've been a bit up & down. Definitely some emotional eating which is directly linked to stress - so I know I need to get the stress under control to get the eating under control. But - I was able to knock of 2# of the Thanksgiving week gain.

Krys - thanks for all you do!

Hugs ladies!

Amy :0)
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am with you all about money stressors. Oh boy!! Physically and emotionally I think I am doing alright. I try to put all the other stressors in my life out of my mind, so that I can relax and not totally self-destruct, and so far it seems to be working out ok. My work out schedule and eating plan kind of go out the window though. I am trying to get back on track and make this month something i can be proud of.

So this week I am up .4 lbs. But I am coming back and will get down to where I know I can get to!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    So, I did really well with food last week. But then when I hopped on the scale this morning, there was no loss, so I was bummed.

Add to that my stress level being through the ROOF, so I ate too much today. :-( I don't feel overly stuffed though. Like I could honestly eat more! But that is not good!

I know you are getting sick of hearing this, but this is my life, so I'm sorry. I spent the weekend in the hospital for baseline evaluations... what fun. Now I have a crazy busy week ahead of me.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    We've been going for a while now! I hadn't realized how fast it's gone!! I'm such a slug! I'm a little disappointed with how things have been "going". I did a nice solid workout today, and then ate COOKIES! So mad! :mad:

I know I can do better. I just need to DECIDE to do better!
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi Ladies,
    Like all of you I am tired and stressed. Diet wise I am trying a new angle as I have been gaining and losing the same 5 lbs or so this whole challenge. Exercise wise I am exercising at least 5 days a week and started back on P90X. I actually gained 6 lbs this week and I feel horrible. I have endometriosis and as I am getting older it seems to be getting worse... and more painful. I am feeling all puffy and bloated and plain gross.
    On the 28th of this month it will be my one year anniversary of changing my life and putting myself and my health first. My goal was to hit the 50 lb mark and unfortunately I am not going to make it. I kind of feel like a failure.... BUT when I look at what I have accomplished I know I have come a long way, considering I see myself as a weight loss failure.
    Let's bring this year to a close with a big bang!

Amy you are right about Dave Ramsey... have read his book a couple times and we finally are starting to see a change in our finances. Great book to ask for Christmas (from Santa of course!!)

Here's to a great week and less stress in our lives and good eating and shakin' what our Momma's gave us! :tongue:
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Good Morning ladies! So it sounds like we all have a consensus of being stressed out eh! It is us as women I think, we take on soooo much and try to just fight fires as we go along. Everything will be ok though because we have each other, even when this challenge is over.

I think a good discussion today would be....I just want you to pick one thing that you are going to do well with today. Just one! You don't have to be perfect today, let's take a step back and focus hard on one thing that we may struggle with.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Today....I am going to drink all of my water! That is my goal for myself
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Today I am going to be under my calories, one way or another.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Today I WILL do my workout. NO EXCUSES!!
  • _CHRISTIE_
    _CHRISTIE_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Today I will get my water in!!! NO EXCUSES!!! and I will eat a healthy dinner!!!! Again No EXCUSES!!!

I don't know what is wrong with me but I'm so hungry all the time! If I stay within my calorie allotment I'm absolutely starving...so I need to find better ways to spend my calories... I know thats the problem, I'm eating empty calories and processed foods that don't have enough protien and fiber to hold me throughout the day...so I need to do better with this... now if the whole bank account would catch up to my wanting to do better and eat better i'd be soooo much better off haha :) Happy tuesday ladies!!
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Sooo I was about 50 over my calories. Failed on my one goal. I didn't sleep at all last night, so I really don't even have the motivation to do jumping jacks to see that 50 go away...

But, I drank 80oz of water... so I guess that's a good thing.

cms-- I've been hungry all the time too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been eating a lot of protein too, so this is weird. I'm just constantly hungry.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies

Sorry to hear everyone is so stressed......I will admit that since my Project has launched things have eased a bit at work I just have all the backed up reports to complete. Iive gone through the denial phase and the depressing phase as it comes to my weight loss.

I started MFP at 185lbs last November and here I am a year later at a whopping 182lbs.....I had made good progress though I was bouncing between 185 and 195 before I joined MFP and at my highest I was 210lbs and I was able to go all the way down to 172lbds just before summer..... but instead of being miserable I'm trying to see all the positives this year have taught me and I'm not about to give up.....2012 is my year.

I'm finally getting this new job in check and my routine is settling so hopefully I can rev up my workout sessions from next week while I am on vacation and end 2011 with a bang....

All in all I would love to thank all you lovely ladies because you have no idea how inspiring you have been to me on this long journey...
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Today I did my Excel Spreadsheet for 2012 and I wrote down all my goals for next year....:bigsmile:
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Getting in all my water is difficult for me. I actually gag on it. But so far this week I have been able to get in all 8 glasses of water (with lots of trips to the washroom). I am going to see if I can keep it up until New Years!
    Sugar_Apple you have done amazing. Just sticking to it is an accomplishment all on it's own. Keep up the good work.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Good Morning ladies.... I hope everyone met their individual goals yesterday. I did about 66 ounces of water, which is a huge improvement for me. But I think I want this to be our normal thing each day....instead of stressing over the scale and all of that, I want us to just concentrate on getting better at little things.

My goal today: 120 ounces of water and 45 minutes of working out.

What is yours?
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Today I did my Excel Spreadsheet for 2012 and I wrote down all my goals for next year....:bigsmile:

Good idea girl! You can do it...I know you can!