Anyone have any low calorie cookie recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    homemade whipped shortbread only have 70 calories each!
    Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
    1/4 cup red maraschino cherries, quartered
    1/4 cup green maraschino cherries, quartered
    Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    In a large bowl, combine butter, flour, and confectioners' sugar. With an electric mixer, beat for 10 minutes, until light and fluffy. Spoon onto cookie sheets, spacing cookies 2 inches apart. Place a piece of maraschino cherry onto the middle of each cookie, alternating between red and green.
    Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned. Remove from oven, and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies on to wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container, separating each layer with waxed paper.
    Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 75 | Total Fat: 5.2g | Cholesterol: 14mg

These sound really good but the problem is I don't have an electric mixer is there a way you can do it if I hand mixed it?

Sure, if you mix them by hand, they will just turn out harder (not as crumbly, melt in your mouth) but still good! I would just probably roll the dough at the end and use cookie cutters :)

Yes, you can make them by hand if you cream the butter and sugar really well. Shortbread has been around for centuries.

Also, shortbread is not meant to be rolled out and cut with cookie cutters. It's too delicate. If you chill it, it's too hard to roll because of all the butter.
  • Konpeito
    Options
    Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
    Directions

In a large bowl, combine butter, flour, and confectioners' sugar. With an electric mixer, beat for 10 minutes, until light and fluffy. Spoon onto cookie sheets, spacing cookies 2 inches apart. Place a piece of maraschino cherry onto the middle of each cookie, alternating between red and green.
    Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned. Remove from oven, and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies on to wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container, separating each layer with waxed paper.
    Nutritional Information

These sound really good but the problem is I don't have an electric mixer is there a way you can do it if I hand mixed it?

Sure, if you mix them by hand, they will just turn out harder (not as crumbly, melt in your mouth) but still good! I would just probably roll the dough at the end and use cookie cutters :)

...I tried making them...Let's just say it didn't work out very well ^^;
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
    Directions

Nutritional Information

Yes, you can make them by hand if you cream the butter and sugar really well. Shortbread has been around for centuries.

Also, shortbread is not meant to be rolled out and cut with cookie cutters. It's too delicate. If you chill it, it's too hard to roll because of all the butter.
    I was just guessing at that part since I have a mixer lol...
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    eat a real cookie. love it. just dont have too many.
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump to save link