Tired!!

TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I was awake from 1:45 until 4:30 in the morning!!

Not sure what the deal was. There is an "old wives tale" about insomnia during pregnancy preparing you for being up with a baby. Whatever!!

Anyway, I pushed myself and got through a workout at the gym and ran a bunch of errands.

I need to do a few more things but now that I am sitting, I feel the fatigue slowly taking over my body.

What to do! The adrenalin/endorphins are wearing off.....I need to function!!!

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Replies

• TamTastic
    I was awake from 1:45 until 4:30 in the morning!!

Not sure what the deal was. There is an "old wives tale" about insomnia during pregnancy preparing you for being up with a baby. Whatever!!

Anyway, I pushed myself and got through a workout at the gym and ran a bunch of errands.

I need to do a few more things but now that I am sitting, I feel the fatigue slowly taking over my body.

What to do! The adrenalin/endorphins are wearing off.....I need to function!!!

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Take a nap. I always did that when I was pregnant
  • TamTastic
    Maybe I'll take a nap later. I just feel like I have so much to do! :grumble:
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Take a nap woman!

I do when Sara takes hers:bigsmile:
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member

take care of yourself first, everything else can wait!
  • TamTastic

take care of yourself first, everything else can wait!
    Yeah. I'm hosting a brunch playdate tomorrow though...so I need to clean! GRR!!

Maybe I should call a last minute maid service! I have never even considered that before!! haha!
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Once you have someone else clean your toilets you'll never want to do it yourself again!! Besides, it's a playdate. They're all moms too. They get being tired so they are probably glad that it's not at their house!
    Also eat some turkey and drink a glass of lowfat milk before bed. The Triptophane will knock you out!
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    I use to get like that too....
    I wouldnt sleep that much the night before then I would wake up not feeling tired either...
    I always had tons of energy!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Some milk now might help juice you up a bit...protein, vitamins, worth a try....

A nap sounds like the best thing
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Tam, I did this during pregnancy, too. I'd be up from around 2am until 6, then go back to bed for a few hours. I survived by napping when the kids did.

One thing I found though, if you can just force yourself to exercise for half an hour or so around 4 o'clock, it's enough to pep you up through the dinner hour! I got to the point where I really needed that second round of stair-walking or jogging to make it all the way to bedtime.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Girl, you are GROWING a HUMAN BEING inside your ABDOMEN!! Get some rest!! LOL You need the strength and energy to grow that little bean bigger!
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660

when I was pregnant with.....

no wait that... thats not right either...

YOU need to get some rest dear... those things can get done later... you do not need to run yourself ragged... NOR do you need to get all stressed out...

you gotta keep that little pomegranit growing, so do not skimp on the little things like SLEEP...

NOW GO TAKE A NAP-ee-POO...

thats Doctor Hi's Orders... take some warm hot chocolate and THEN go take a nap... call me in the morning...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member

YOU need to get some rest dear... those things can get done later... you do not need to run yourself ragged... NOR do you need to get all stressed out...

you gotta keep that little pomegranit growing, so do not skimp on the little things like SLEEP...

thats Doctor Hi's Orders... take some warm hot chocolate and THEN go take a nap... call me in the morning...

Uh, I'm not preggers or anything, but I'm having a horrid day. Can I get the same Rx, Dr Hi?
  • TROUBLE2

Uh, I'm not preggers or anything, but I'm having a horrid day. Can I get the same Rx, Dr Hi?

Only if you like Hot Chocolate, OR you could have two good Strawbgasms and call me in the morning... Oh and take a nap too! helps with digestion and settling after the Strawbgasms... you know how it is... you shouldnt eat right before you swim kinda thing....
  • TamTastic
    Hi again everyone.

Just went to the post office. Still awake!! :blushing:

Ok, per Dr. HiandTri's orders, I will drink some hot chocolate today. With or without whipped cream??? (you know, just so I get it right!!)

I do have strawberries too, so strawbgasm is soon to be had! :drinker:
  • TROUBLE2
    Hi again everyone.

Just went to the post office. Still awake!! :blushing:

Ok, per Dr. HiandTri's orders, I will drink some hot chocolate today. With or without whipped cream??? (you know, just so I get it right!!)

I do have strawberries too, so strawbgasm is soon to be had! :drinker:

Just so you know my triglycerides were at 96 this time, so down from over 400 to 96... my cholesterol is fine, I know i had posted about a month or so ago about it... so you know what that means?

I can eat more Strawberries, and have more strawbgasms... mmmmm I can not wait...

have your two Strawbgasms, drink your hotchocolate, with or without whipping cream, and take a nap... I have also found that cuddling while napping helps too, so if you get a chance snuggle up with that son of yours!!!
  • TamTastic
    I am trying to decide if I should nap first and clean later or clean now, get it done and nap.

Hmm, my brain is not helping much right now in making a decision!!

I need to eat some lunch too.

And for that playdate I am hosting tomorrow, I am making mini ham and cheese frittatas, cinnamon coffeecake quick bread and I have bagels with cream cheese!! Can I get a "YUM!!!!!" :bigsmile:

A bunch of mom's getting together know how to cook and eat!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Oh and hiandtri.............my baby is somewhere between a kumquat and a fig now.

Just an FYI! :wink: