I love Tae Bo but...

Options
So I used to do Tae Bo when I was a teenager (I think that was when I first started working out and getting in shape. I wasn't very out of shape to begin with though) and I LOVED it! It was soo much fun and I worked up quite a sweat.

Well since then I've done many different workouts (Turbo Jam, Insanity, many JIllian videos, ChaLEAN Xtreme, etc, etc) and now I felt like going back to Tae Bo because I loved it so much (I have multiple Billy Blanks videos) but sadly I don't get as much of a workout anymore. :( The database says it burns a ton of calories but I highly doubt it does for me anymore. I do sweat, but not as much and I still LOVE doing it...but I think I'm going to have to keep doing other videos as well and just do Tae Bo for fun instead of exercise. :(

Yeah..so this just me being bummed out. lol That's all.

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Buy a heart rate monitor and find out for sure what you burn before you decide it's not enough.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I own over 200 workouts and no matter what workout I do, nothing compares to Tae Bo. I can let workouts sit for a long period of time, but I can't do that with Tae Bo.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Perhaps try bumping up the intensity of what it has you do? Do more reps? Add more motion to the moves? Just some ideas to get some extra burn out of it.

Don't look now but...
    cloaking-klingon-bird-of-prey.jpg
  • MrsCon40
    Options
    I own over 200 workouts and no matter what workout I do, nothing compares to Tae Bo. I can let workouts sit for a long period of time, but I can't do that with Tae Bo.

I KNOW!! I love Tae Bo!!

I lost all my pregnancy weight in 4 months doing Tae Bo and I still think it's the best workout around! It really burns through fat!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    in on epic thread.

I agree with the HRM idea.

Also, make sure you don't turn into a she-hulk. It can happen overnight doing Tae-bo, especially for women. Studies have shown that the sound of Billy Blanks voice sends virtual testosterone through the TV & promotes muscle growth. Be careful.
  • AZackery
    Options

I KNOW!! I love Tae Bo!!

I lost all my pregnancy weight in 4 months doing Tae Bo and I still think it's the best workout around! It really burns through fat!

Yes it does MrsCon40. Do you own PT 24/7? I've started the program last night. I can't wait to do day 2.
  • caretheaton
    caretheaton Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo! My love affair with exercise started with Tae Bo too! I begged my mom to buy them for me for my birthday. Pretty sure I still have my old VHS tapes tucked away in a box somewhere. Might be time for a retro workout session!
  • MrsCon40
    Options

I KNOW!! I love Tae Bo!!

Yes it does MrsCon40. Do you own PT 24/7? I've started the program last night. I can't wait to do day 2.

No. I am embarassed to say that I still use my VHS tapes that I got in 1999 :blushing: I keep a VCR just so I can do Tae Bo.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! I feel the same way about TaeBo...it was my first love as far as working out goes; however, now...I get a lot better cals burned from nearly all of my other workouts (including TurboJam), and per my HRM!!

I still do TaeBo on occassion, but only when I do not need a huge burn for the day!
  • AZackery
    Options
    No. I am embarassed to say that I still use my VHS tapes that I got in 1999 :blushing: I keep a VCR just so I can do Tae Bo.

Don't be embarrassed, I have a lot of Tae Bo vhs tapes too. The older workouts are good. They made you scream more.
  • DawnDawn2011
    Options
    What else are you doing that makes Taebo easy? Taebo still kicks my *kitten* and I have been doing it for years!
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I started feeling the same about Turbo Jam, my calorie burn kept getting smaller and smaller so I thougth it was time for an upgrade. Get Turbo Fire...this workout will burn hellllla amount of calories! It's very extreme cardio conditioning, but it will give your the burn you're looking for. Accordingly to my FT6 HRM-I burn anywhere between 600-1100cals per workout (duration of 50-90mins), when it's super high impact I typically burn about 100-140cals per each 10mins!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I loved doing tae bo back in the day. I could literally see the manteca coming out of my pores.
  • MrsCon40
    Options

Don't be embarrassed, I have a lot of Tae Bo vhs tapes too. The older workouts are good. They made you scream more.

Yeah, there's nothing like making it through that last killer run of roundhouse kicks to make you feel awesome!

I think Billy Blanks is the most motivational trainer out there. I would love to take a class with him!
  • AZackery
    Options
    Yeah, there's nothing like making it through that last killer run of roundhouse kicks to make you feel awesome!

I think Billy Blanks is the most motivational trainer out there. I would love to take a class with him!

I would love to take one of his classes as well.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    billy-blanks.jpg
    celeb-billy-blanks-240x285.jpg
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    whku55.jpg
    I love this!!
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just got pt 24/7 and started it today!! I love tae bo!!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I loved doing tae bo back in the day. I could literally see the manteca coming out of my pores.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MrsCon40
    Options
    billy-blanks.jpg
    celeb-billy-blanks-240x285.jpg

You don't need to make fun. It's a great workout - so good for getting rid of fat! It's also really good for your abs!

If you can't be nice maybe you should not comment!