I love Tae Bo but...

Options

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I just got pt 24/7 and started it today!! I love tae bo!!

Sm423, Basics was good, right?
  • AZackery
    Options
    Check out these twins from Billy's Tae Bo Get Celebrity Fit series, doing Tae Bo.

New Generation Tae Bo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BRfMeq08QQ
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I own over 200 workouts and no matter what workout I do, nothing compares to Tae Bo. I can let workouts sit for a long period of time, but I can't do that with Tae Bo.

I KNOW!! I love Tae Bo!!

I lost all my pregnancy weight in 4 months doing Tae Bo and I still think it's the best workout around! It really burns through fat!

Yes it does MrsCon40. Do you own PT 24/7? I've started the program last night. I can't wait to do day 2.

oh please keep posted on how that is , i think i want that bad, but want to know how it is first, think i am gonna send a freind request to keep up with you and it
  • AZackery
    Options
    oh please keep posted on how that is , i think i want that bad, but want to know how it is first, think i am gonna send a freind request to keep up with you and it

Okay.
  • AZackery
    Options
    You don't need to make fun. It's a great workout - so good for getting rid of fat! It's also really good for your abs!

If you can't be nice maybe you should not comment!

I'm sure a lot of people that try to make fun of Tae Bo can't even do Tae Bo.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    That's hot. I wonder if the counting helps...
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    You don't need to make fun. It's a great workout - so good for getting rid of fat! It's also really good for your abs!

If you can't be nice maybe you should not comment!
    I'm sure a lot of people that try to make fun of Tae Bo can't even do Tae Bo.
    OH SNAP!

The real question, though, is: Can they do it for 13 years with no demonstrable results? :drinker:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I still have a box of VHS tapes of Billy as well. But once I was introduced to Chalene I had to kick Billy to the curb.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Sadly I can't afford a HRM right now. I'm on a strict unless I need it to live I can't buy it type of budget right now. I really do want a HRM though so the second I can afford one I'm going to get one.

And I'm thinking I might try adding more to it. I'm used to workouts with absolutely no breaks in between moves and Billy gives lots of breaks in between where you're walking in place or jogging so I might try to fill those with something else.

I was thinking of doing TurboFire but I might need to do TurboJam for a bit first to get the moves down again. I used to do TurboJam (LOVED it as well) but then stopped and tried doing a bit of TurboFire some time afterwards but it was too difficult since I could barely remember the moves so I would need a refresher course first. lol
  • AZackery
    Options
    And I'm thinking I might try adding more to it. I'm used to workouts with absolutely no breaks in between moves and Billy gives lots of breaks in between where you're walking in place or jogging so I might try to fill those with something else.

Which Tae Bo workouts are you talking about?
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Sadly I can't afford a HRM right now. I'm on a strict unless I need it to live I can't buy it type of budget right now. I really do want a HRM though so the second I can afford one I'm going to get one.

I was thinking of doing TurboFire but I might need to do TurboJam for a bit first to get the moves down again. I used to do TurboJam (LOVED it as well) but then stopped and tried doing a bit of TurboFire some time afterwards but it was too difficult since I could barely remember the moves so I would need a refresher course first. lol
    From what you said in the first post, it sounds like you aren't getting the same workout. You don't need an HRM to tell you that. Your idea to fill-in the gaps sounds like a great one!
  • KayteeBear
    Options

Ugh, not the old ones (I'm quite young myself) but there's a cardio one? Can't remember if it's just Tae Bo Cardio or not and also Celebrity Fit Cardio and I do have 30 minute interval one or something but I haven't done that one yet. Those are the only ones I have (Well besides 2 videos that are supposed to be used with the light punching bag thing)
  • KayteeBear
    Options
    From what you said in the first post, it sounds like you aren't getting the same workout. You don't need an HRM to tell you that. Your idea to fill-in the gaps sounds like a great one!

Some people on the thread suggested getting an HRM to see what I really am burning that's why I added that comment.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Some people on the thread suggested getting an HRM to see what I really am burning that's why I added that comment.
    Yeah, I got that. Was just confirming that it doesn't take one to know that it's easier to do than it was previously. That's a good sign though! :drinker:
  • geraldm55
    Options
    I agree I love it also, but I've been doing the amped version for the extra weight and I've now started adding wrist weights to make it so I get the same level of effort out of it. my next step will be to buy a waist weight belt so I can work harder.

love the workouts and the energy in them.
  • AZackery
    Options

Ugh, not the old ones (I'm quite young myself) but there's a cardio one? Can't remember if it's just Tae Bo Cardio or not and also Celebrity Fit Cardio and I do have 30 minute interval one or something but I haven't done that one yet. Those are the only ones I have (Well besides 2 videos that are supposed to be used with the light punching bag thing)

Billy does take out time to explain and show the moves and that's what I like about him. Try working out to the workouts again.
  • KayteeBear
    Options
    I agree I love it also, but I've been doing the amped version for the extra weight and I've now started adding wrist weights to make it so I get the same level of effort out of it. my next step will be to buy a waist weight belt so I can work harder.

love the workouts and the energy in them.

Ah, yes, that's something I was thinking of doing, getting some wrist weights. I really do enjoy Tae Bo so I will be doing it no matter what but I'm going to add in extra workouts so I still get a good burn.
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    What is pt24/7 and Sm423?

• AZackery
    Options
    What is pt24/7 and Sm423?

Sm423 is a poster and PT 24/7 is a Tae Bo program.