Weekend Warrior (booze)

Options
Does anyone feel they screw up when the weekends come around? I live in LAS VEGAS....yikes

Replies

• tagben
    tagben Posts: 72
    Options
    I live in NYC, I feel your pain! :)
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    As odd as it is, though I am not complaining, I always, always weigh less after I drink the night before......I"ll take it....LOL
  • tagben
    tagben Posts: 72
    Options
    kykykenna, how is that possible?! you don't end up binging on fatty food then?! or you must not be drinking too much high calories drinks?!
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That’s because you are dehydrated (my belly looks flat the next day) I just eat like crap consume 1000 extra calories on the weekend just from booze. Also its hard for me to get to the gym if im ill.
  • Caylee320
    Caylee320 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I hear you! The weekends KILL me. I eat a very healthy diet Mon through Fri afternoon, then idk - booze, fast food, etc... After one drink I lose all desire to eat right, should probably cut it out for a while!
  • aussie_nic_getting_fit
    Options
    i like to drin on the weekends and when i drink, i like to drink alot.. i figure i am going to have toeat healthy and exercise for the rest of my life, I am happy not to eat chips, icecream, cake and chocolate, but i will not give up everything in my life...

If i want to go and have drnks on some weekends and dance the night night away, I am happy to do so, if it slows my eight loss down, well im in it for life anyway, so be it!!

when i am drinking i always make good alcohol choices (vodka&soda water), and dont binge eat, so i dont see a problem :-)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I need to switch to the weed and seltzer diet.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    yep the weekends suck, I always end up saving up calories for it or making up for them. Booze takes up so many cals, and than you end up being all hungry cause your calories have gone to booze and than you end up overeatting cause you're hungry.

Somebody needs to invent Diet Beer that tastes at least as good as Bud Light, lolz

Weed tends to help with the booze cravings sometimes :smokin:
  • vanderbielynn
    Options
    I do GREAT all weekend long, and then I get around my friends, family, and boyfriend and I can hardly Contain myself. I feel like even though I know what I am supposed to be eating, I decide to go with something with more flavor and that means more calories, carbs, and fat! Ugh!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I miss drinking, just drink every few months,,,why??? I have no life and I am afraid if I drink alone and fall down the stairs they wont find me till the summer/

I always rank and was always thin.

Have one for me!!!:drinker:
  • mike_devo
    mike_devo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I usually just end up going for the light beers, which are always cheaper anyway If you're really worried, just try to pace yourself and choose light beer. I have the problem of drinking too much, craving greasy foods and not caring.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Does anyone feel they screw up when the weekends come around? I live in LAS VEGAS....yikes

uhmm yup! I live in Wi, we have beer and packers...lol;-) But work hard to balance it.
  • stjoelker
    Options
    The weekends are tough. Once 6:30pm on a friday rolls around I can hear my bottle of red calling me - drink me, drink me.
    What i've been doing is carving out calories throughout the week so that I can have a few glasses of wine during the weekend and not blow everything to hell.
  • carah420
    Options
    I do very well on the weekends just because of booze! Just stick to Unvlavored vodka and diet cokie!
  • mainscott
    mainscott Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I drink one day a week since joining this site 35 days ago. Wild turkey and water 101 proof baby!!!!! The most bang for the buck and catch a good buzz with my wife who goes for the beers. I treadmill like 700 calories in the morning and early part of the day and eat healthy. Grilled Grouper or bonless chicken breast. That is a big difference from a couple of drinks a night and not worring about diet. Like others have said I am not going to give up everything. Scott
  • speednut
    Options
    Here's a trick:

1) Drink a beer (or a mixed drink, wine, etc.)

2) Drink a water

3) Repeat

It works and also keeps you hydrated & full so you eat less.

Only problem is you have to pee alot.
  • natashadx5
    Options
    I feel ya!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    We formed a group.
    Come join us :drinker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/622-like-minded-lushes
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I drink like a frat boy! I drink light beer shots pretty much anything once i am buzzed lalso get mad beer munchies. ok party people glad to see i am not alone.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    kykykenna, how is that possible?! you don't end up binging on fatty food then?! or you must not be drinking too much high calories drinks?!

LOL...90% of the time I dont eat while drinking. I think it is because I feel bad enough for drinking that I cant competely sabotage myself...lmao.......And I drink Michelob Ultra. :)