HCG Drops

Options
I have heard soo many good things about these and watched Dr.Drew today and it was going on and on about how natural and good they are for weight loss.has anybody tried them or knew anyone that did with good results?It says they are all natural and Ive done my research, just curious if anyone has actually tried them.

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Not touching this with a 10 foot pole. Get your flame suits on, people!
  • iamthevieve
    Options
    I don't know much about it, but I've heard the drops aren't really HCG and in order to get real HCG, you have to get a very expensive prescription. The "diet" is dangerous. It's not good for anyone to eat only 500 calories a day. If you do that, once you start eating normally again, you'll balloon back up.
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Had a friend do it through a doctor. Paid A LOT of money for 10 pounds over 3 months.

She's gained it all back plus more.

Not worth it.
  • crochelle17
    crochelle17 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    my best friend did it super strict with the whole 500cals and she lost a ton of weight... however.. i tried it and passed out on the 2nd day... deff not for me! i guess its like everything else out there tho what works for someone may not work for someone else... o and shes kept it off and lost even more weight! make me rather jealous, lol!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Please read this blog.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MrsCon40/view/hcg-a-handy-reply-to-the-multitude-of-quick-fix-seekers-148860

The label of HCG itself claims that it is not an FDA approved weight loss supplement and it has not been proven to do anything that it claims. It does not suppress appetite and it does not affect the distribution of fat loss. The only reason you lose weight is because you are starving your body on less than most anorexics eat in a day. Very low calorie diets are only appropriate when prescribed by a doctor to a very dangerously obese patient.
  • merie08
    merie08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thats what I wanted to know, thanks. I guess I will always question if there is possibly something out there that will magically help me lose wieght.I think I am starting to realize that its a myth.Good thing ive never tried any of it, i would be soo pissed to gain back weight right after losing it. Yea, i dont think i could live on 500 calories.it was hard for me to do 1200 lol
  • cdiener
    Options
    I've been doing the "fake" hcg. (costco has some online) for about 44 days now, and I've lost 22 pounds! I cheated over the thanksgiving holidays, but started back up on the monday after. I feel like I was cheating while on the diet, because I seriously wasn't hungry. I always thought, no pain no gain, but hey, this works for me! I will be on the 1500 calorie diet now for 3 weeks without starch or sugar, and then I'll start the cycle again come January or Feb. I'd love to lose another 20 pounds before spring!
    I admit, I was a little skeptical at first, but then after seeing the results on my sister, I thought I'd give it a shot. Glad I did!! Like all things tho, if you have some medical problem, I'd be afraid to try something so drastic without a doctors approval.
  • Jorra
    Options
    Thats what I wanted to know, thanks. I guess I will always question if there is possibly something out there that will magically help me lose wieght.I think I am starting to realize that its a myth.Good thing ive never tried any of it, i would be soo pissed to gain back weight right after losing it. Yea, i dont think i could live on 500 calories.it was hard for me to do 1200 lol

I've lost all the weight that I have just following MFP's recommendations. It's healthy, sustainable, and much easier.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try eating sensibly and exercising? What is the rush to lose weight?

Be patient and do it by yourself. You will get more satisfaction and be healthier.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Good lord. Do we need to add Dr. Drew to the list of dough-headed "professionals" pushing this crap, along with Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz and The Doctors?

Read the facts on HCG and Very Low Calorie Diet: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390151-should-i-do-the-hcg-diet
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Please read this blog.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MrsCon40/view/hcg-a-handy-reply-to-the-multitude-of-quick-fix-seekers-148860

The label of HCG itself claims that it is not an FDA approved weight loss supplement and it has not been proven to do anything that it claims. It does not suppress appetite and it does not affect the distribution of fat loss. The only reason you lose weight is because you are starving your body on less than most anorexics eat in a day. Very low calorie diets are only appropriate when prescribed by a doctor to a very dangerously obese patient.

And, to make things worse, those warning labels only apply to HCG injections. The "drops" are totally unregulated and have never been tested. So not only are you buying a discredited product, you could well be buying a FAKE discredited product.

That's like wearing TWO "Kick ME" signs--one on the front and one on the back.
  • Jorra
    Options
    Good lord. Do we need to add Dr. Drew to the list along with Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz and The Doctors of dough-headed "professionals" pushing this crap?

Yup. I think the rule of thumb is: if it's on an afternoon talk show, it's bullcrap. They are all being paid to push stuff, just like Oprah gets paid to give away stuff.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Good lord. Do we need to add Dr. Drew to the list of dough-headed "professionals" pushing this crap, along with Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz and The Doctors?

Read the facts on HCG and Very Low Calorie Diet: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390151-should-i-do-the-hcg-diet

Sounds like it.. smh
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I have heard soo many good things about these and watched Dr.Drew today and it was going on and on about how natural and good they are for weight loss.has anybody tried them or knew anyone that did with good results?It says they are all natural and Ive done my research, just curious if anyone has actually tried them.

There's nothing magical about HCG.

Eat 500 cals a day and presto you have just done this ignorant diet.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the "fake" hcg. (costco has some online) for about 44 days now, and I've lost 22 pounds! I cheated over the thanksgiving holidays, but started back up on the monday after. I feel like I was cheating while on the diet, because I seriously wasn't hungry. I always thought, no pain no gain, but hey, this works for me! I will be on the 1500 calorie diet now for 3 weeks without starch or sugar, and then I'll start the cycle again come January or Feb. I'd love to lose another 20 pounds before spring!
    I admit, I was a little skeptical at first, but then after seeing the results on my sister, I thought I'd give it a shot. Glad I did!! Like all things tho, if you have some medical problem, I'd be afraid to try something so drastic without a doctors approval.

Please don't promote this unsafe and controversial 'diet'.
  • merie08
    Options
    i will just keep up with what ive been doing. the good thing is that since i plateaued i raised my calories by 450 a couple days ago and already lost 1 lb. Trust me, im not too heart broken that HCG isnt all its cracked up to be.I was just curious if anyone did try it and had good results.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but what is HCG? If it's a miracle diet I would automatically say it doesn't work.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me (I didn't ask so I don't know why he brought it up) that the injections work but the drops don't. You can take that with a grain of salt. :)
  • merie08
    Options

Sounds like it.. smh

....I like the doctors lol.sometimes they have good info :smile:
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Please don't promote this unsafe and controversial 'diet'.
    notice how it's always somebodys first post?