pizza at the gym?!

Options

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Just be careful not to show any visible signs of effort or sweat or they will set off the lunk alarm and throw you out. Hehe.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    :( I'm kind of sad that my gym is seen as such a crappy gym.

Boooo!
    (oh well, that's what I should expect for $20 a month).

Personally, I don't care what anyone else says about PF. They have the treadmills and arc trainers that I use, the weight machines, and a large enough area for stretching/crunches/etc. AND, it costs me 10 bucks a month. Suits my needs! To each their own says I.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Just be careful not to show any visible signs of effort or sweat or they will set off the lunk alarm and throw you out. Hehe.

Oh crap, and I was literally dripping sweat onto the treadmill last night, I'm screwed!! :laugh:
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    hahaha my workout partner and I were commenting on this as we were leaving Planet Fitness last night! It's evil because it just makes me want pizza!

It makes me feel good when I see others going to eat it and I walk right by it, though! ;)
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    hahaha my workout partner and I were commenting on this as we were leaving Planet Fitness last night! It's evil because it just makes me want pizza!

It makes me feel good when I see others going to eat it and I walk right by it, though! ;)

Yup, I felt pretty good about myself too, lol
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options

Boooo!

It $10 a month in Florida.
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    haha ohhhh the irony! This has made my Tuesday! :D

The people that run the gym are either completely stupid, or out right intelligent! lol

Its the perfect marketing strategy for getting people to come back all the time! "Get fit! Eat Pizza! Get fat!" and it starts again! they should offer out pizza on a daily basis for maximum impact! lol

As for you not touching it, well done, it really is the last thing you need before/during a workout...

haha still laughing here!
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm looking for an explanation.

I recently joined Planet Fitness. I had been going to a NYSC but Planet is cheaper and I don't need the classes and stuff anyway because I dance. Anywho, the first Monday of every month they have pizza at the gym for the members! I saw people actually going over to weight machines with a slice on a paper plate. :noway:

So, is it a ploy to keep people heavy so they keep needing to work out at the gym? :laugh:

Does this strike anyone else as strange?

Ah hell no!!! That is pure evil. I would be pissed if I went in for a workout only to have to smell pizza the whole time. :devil:
  • KatieJane83
    Options

Boooo!

It $10 a month in Florida.

I'm in NY and there are 2 membership options

$10 - can use only one gym
    $20 - can go to any PF, can bring a guest every time, unlimited use of massage chairs/tanning
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I attend PF, and have since April. I love the place, the people started remember my name and my number a week after attending and have always be courteous. The people that go there are even nice enough to give me a bit of motivation if I seem slacking or to compliment me on the work I've done, even the meathead types that are there. I've lost 54 lbs since then, and I usually grab a slice when I am leaving. The place they get it from here has the NY style that is large and thin and delicious. The way I see it, I bust my *kitten* working out, and I eat back my cals, so I can have it once a month if I want. Heck, I ate half a pizza just last week and still lost 1.6 lbs. Now, what I do watch out for is the sodium, and I drink water like nuts for a few days afterwards. That's just what works for me. I understand being upset, especially if its that easy for you to be derailed, but I figure if you can't resist that temptation, maybe you can't resist others and just need to work on that. But I'm an advocate for every thing in moderation and within reason. But honestly, I feel that if you feel the need to tell management that you don't like it, then you can also feel the need to show up on Mondays or just not at all. That's just how I feel, not trying to be rude ^-^
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    haha ohhhh the irony! This has made my Tuesday! :D

The people that run the gym are either completely stupid, or out right intelligent! lol

Its the perfect marketing strategy for getting people to come back all the time! "Get fit! Eat Pizza! Get fat!" and it starts again! they should offer out pizza on a daily basis for maximum impact! lol

As for you not touching it, well done, it really is the last thing you need before/during a workout...

haha still laughing here!

I'm glad I could make your day!

And really, it wasn't tempting at all. It's not the best look when your sitting on a weight machine with a GIANT mouthful of pizza
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    I attend PF, and have since April. I love the place, the people started remember my name and my number a week after attending and have always be courteous. The people that go there are even nice enough to give me a bit of motivation if I seem slacking or to compliment me on the work I've done, even the meathead types that are there. I've lost 54 lbs since then, and I usually grab a slice when I am leaving. The place they get it from here has the NY style that is large and thin and delicious. The way I see it, I bust my *kitten* working out, and I eat back my cals, so I can have it once a month if I want. Heck, I ate half a pizza just last week and still lost 1.6 lbs. Now, what I do watch out for is the sodium, and I drink water like nuts for a few days afterwards. That's just what works for me. I understand being upset, especially if its that easy for you to be derailed, but I figure if you can't resist that temptation, maybe you can't resist others and just need to work on that. But I'm an advocate for every thing in moderation and within reason. But honestly, I feel that if you feel the need to tell management that you don't like it, then you can also feel the need to show up on Mondays or just not at all. That's just how I feel, not trying to be rude ^-^

Ummmm....if you actually read my original post I never said I was upset, OR that I couldn't resist the temptation, OR that I was going to complain to management. I merely expressed my lack of understanding as to why they would do this at a gym!

And I've lost 59 lbs so far while still indulging at times with things like pizza, candy, etc.

Oh, and I also enjoy my gym, even though it's a lowly PF. :laugh: It's a nice, down-to-earth environment.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options

Ummmm....if you actually read my original post I never said I was upset, OR that I couldn't resist the temptation, OR that I was going to complain to management. I merely expressed my lack of understanding as to why they would do this at a gym!

And I've lost 59 lbs so far while still indulging at times with things like pizza, candy, etc.

Oh, and I also enjoy my gym, even though it's a lowly PF. :laugh: It's a nice, down-to-earth environment.

But you did have an angry looking emoticon.....just saying
  • KatieJane83
    Options

But you did have an angry looking emoticon.....just saying

Lol, that's the emoticon titled "no way," as in I couldn't believe what I was seeing! Notice the big shocked eyes and then the confused shaking of the head ---> :noway:
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Obviously I read it, otherwise I wouldn't understand the point of the topic. And I never said I was speaking directly to the OP.
  • uberrach
    uberrach Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Didn't you guys hear that pizza is a vegetable now? LOL Don't know what all this hype is about. ;)
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Didn't you guys hear that pizza is a vegetable now? LOL Don't know what all this hype is about. ;)

Oh yeah, duh, I totally forgot about that! Alright, forget I asked, pizza is the new health food! :noway: lol
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Joining PF tonight - there are 2 within walking distance of my house (2-2.5 miles) and it's cheap cheap cheap.
    I figure on nice days I can jog there and back. I'll never knock an inexpensive gym with working equipment!

If the pizza is free - bonus! :tongue:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Joining PF tonight - there are 2 within walking distance of my house (2-2.5 miles) and it's cheap cheap cheap.
    I figure on nice days I can jog there and back. I'll never knock an inexpensive gym with working equipment!

If the pizza is free - bonus! :tongue:
    Joined last night, and started this morning. Really liked it.

Also, I have the self-control to eat a slice of pizza and manage it within my nutrition goals. Shazam!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    my gym did this a while back and I stood in shock to see how many people where grabbing slices ..smh, but from a business side smart move to keep the cleints coming bcak ,..lol