how often do u weigh your self?

Options
13»

Replies

• lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I find it best to weigh yourself once a week due to fluctuations during the week. Also weigh yourself first thing in the morning before breakfast, preferable with minimal clothing.

I do this every Wednesday a.m.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I never weigh in (anymore).
    I used to weigh in every single day, like...3x to be honest.
    I got way too caught up in the numbers and got discouraged.
    I haven't weighed myself in the last 4 weeks and don't plan on weighing in until I've completed another 15 weeks (20 week in total) of Turbofire.

Hopefully by then, I'm in the 140s.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    4-6 days a week, depending on how rushed I am in the morning.

Frequent weighing is good for you.

Daily weighing is one of the "20 Habits Skinny People Live By" -- It's number 2

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/20-habits-skinny-people-live?cm_mmc=ETNTNL-_-702196-_-10092011-_-hed
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    I do my official weigh ins once a week on a Wednesday, but I also weigh daily throughout December. I find it keeps me on track :) I understand fluctuations etc
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Several times a day. My weight fluctuates throughout the day but it doesn't bother me. I'm not one to freak out over gains or losses and I like the feedback. I've been doing it this way for over a year and it hasn't discouraged me yet so while it's not for everyone, it's fine for me.

Indeed, mostly same here. It's interesting to see what happens in the morning and throughout the day on big workout days, and rest days. It helps keep me accountable for my water too. If I'm up late in the day on a rest day I know I haven't had enough water and need to load up.

I've been doing the same...weigh everyday (sometimes more than once). It doesn't necessarily discourage me but rather makes me look at my food and water and exercise to see where I may need to change things. It helps me get to know my body better.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    It is best to weigh yourself no more than once a week. Always weigh at the same time. I usually pick a weekday morning. I use the restroom and then jump on the scale. Don't do it after a meal or shower. I usually weigh myself in the nude so my clothes do not factor in.
  • rocuf
    rocuf Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh daily, but SO much was affecting it. Sodium, TOM, bowel movements, (lol) so now I weigh once a week.

So true. I weigh daily right after the three S's and record twice a week after a low or target sodium day. High sodium days really have an effect on my water retention and shows on the scale the following day.
  • fluffball1
    fluffball1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, I used to think it was bad so I put my scales away for 2 months.. during that time I couldn't monitor myself and I gained 7lbs! So I'm back to daily weighing plus extra focused on what I'm eating and exercising and I've lost nearly 6lbs in 2 weeks so I know it works for me, daily WI's but only log my Tuesday one.
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale...I use the one in my fitness room. I used to weigh on average about three times a day. I'm much better off now though just weighing every time I work out lol.
  • DEGiltz
    DEGiltz Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm an addict to the scale. I'll get weighed multiple times a day just so I can see if there is any progress. I made a small goal for this week not to get weighed for the entire week just to see if I can break myself of this habit. I had my husband hide our scale last night and told him that I would need it back next Monday morning. I looked down a couple of times this morning when I was getting ready for work to where we keep the scale ... of course it wasn't there so I couldn't get weighed. I am a work in progress! : )

I think those folks who get weighed once a week have got it right.
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, close to the first thing I do every morning, and have for years just to keep my weight right in front of my face but I only record my weight once a week. My Friday morning WI is where I record the losses of gains. I know what I eat every day affects the number on the scale and that is really all it is = a number. But an important one along with our measurements that will drop many times instead of the number on the scale.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I weighed a couple of times when I first went low carb to see what difference it would make and I only went up by 1 lb instead of 3-4lb and TOTM i used to gain 6lbs + on low carb it was 2-3lb extra for a few days and didn't stay on as long.

I had a lazy week though last week after passing my xmas goal I relaxed too much and had too many treat meals and its gone back up 6lb (no exercises either) so gonna have to go back to stricter diet and few more early morning workouts.. I'm fairly sure it will be off again after TOTM ends though (hope so).. I know I haven't eaten 3,500 extra calories each day for the last 6 days anyway so can't be 6lb of fat!

I'll stick to doing it daily after relaxing for a week and it going back up again.
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Once a week, Monday mornings.
    However, I do have a habit of jumping on them when I'm not weighing-in I just want to see lol but I know it's not as accurate as waiting until the week is over.
  • Speedtrap
    Options
    I think I replaced my food addiction with a scale addiction, I try for only once a day, but can go 2 or even 3 times.

I do use a Withings scale so every time I step on it it is recorded and logged.

I know my weight will fluctuate through the day, but if I weigh myself before bed I know aprox what the morning will be.
    I use it as a trending tool.

As for motivation, I do like to see small movements, my old scale was not at all accurate and was very discouraging jumping up and down all over the place, sometimes as much as 5 lbs.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself (well mostly because I don't have a scale and don't plan on buying one lol). I just take my measurements and get weighed at the doctor every four months. Measurements are far more important to me than my weight.