Does wearing Spanx help with weight loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• AgentJackBauer
    Options
    Actually, there have been some tests in the past decade or so where divers wore wetsuits. They were losing a lot of weight and needed to up their calorie intake in order to maintain their weight. They attributed the wetsuit under pressure to be the cause. Go buy a wetsuit and start diving.
  • nicolemarie1105
    nicolemarie1105 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not a dumb question... since supposedly, wearing a corset will make you eat less. Maybe spanx will help with that as well. And a lot of women swear by wearing girdles post partem to help train the abdominal muscles to tighten back up! I know this article made me at least want to try the girdle thing, although, I am sure riding a bike everywhere helped with the weightloss...

http://www.youbeauty.com/body-fitness/wearing-a-corset-every-day
  • ladyeofani
    ladyeofani Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest here... Although a compression garment is not a weight loss vessel.... It will help with skin elasticity! If you wear a compression garment such as Spanx (providing that it's tight to compress your body) you will see results after a while. Not because you've lost the weight as a result of wearing it. You should be wearing it while working out or throughout your day. It will hold loose skin in allowing it to retract back at more ease. It'd serve the same purpose as wearing one after you've had a tummy tuck or liposuction. Plastic surgeons mandate that all patients wear compression garments post surgery to help the skin retract. Now there are products out there that advertise losing inches as a result of their products. I would imagine the material is Neopran which isn't forgiving with allowing your skin to breathe. You sweat because of the material. I don't know how that product works but Spanx isn't that product.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest here... Although a compression garment is not a weight loss vessel.... It will help with skin elasticity! If you wear a compression garment such as Spanx (providing that it's tight to compress your body) you will see results after a while. Not because you've lost the weight as a result of wearing it. You should be wearing it while working out or throughout your day. It will hold loose skin in allowing it to retract back at more ease. It'd serve the same purpose as wearing one after you've had a tummy tuck or liposuction. Plastic surgeons mandate that all patients wear compression garments post surgery to help the skin retract. Now there are products out there that advertise losing inches as a result of their products. I would imagine the material is Neopran which isn't forgiving with allowing your skin to breathe. You sweat because of the material. I don't know how that product works but Spanx isn't that product.
    This. I can't say this enough to my friend. She tells me "oh, I will" and never does. I've stopped telling her.. Doubt she believes me, but it is TRUE.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Yep. And push up bras make your boobs bigger.
  • Itbeginswithyourself
    Options
    Does wearing a hat make you not have hair?

I so needed this, lmao