ANY AMERICAN IDOL FANS!

Options

Replies

• plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    yes, I was really feeling so bad for her. She started out so low and off tune. Sorry for her. :flowerforyou: :cry:
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I loved this show until the whole Sanjia(sp?) incident... How in the world did he make it so far? Oh wait, the teeny boppers that watch ruined it for me!!! Oh well... I love the newest American Idol, and I was a very big fan of Taylor Hicks-he seems like such a genuinely nice guy!!!

He made it as far as he did thanks to votefortheworst.com

THANK YOU, INTERNETZ haha jk :wink:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Danny Gokey :love: I think he's amazing.

the girls last night did not impress me at all..
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I'm watching right now!
    okay, you know the Norman guy. He lives a couple of towns away from me! too funny!
    and if that Tatiana girl makes it I'm gonna hurt someone! she's a psycho!

Is she the one with the accent who made was like, "please vote for me and make my dream come true. Thank you. Gracias."
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

I agree completely with both statements. I was disappointed with the girls and most of the guys, honestly. Is tonight the results show?
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options

I was shocked at the overall level of competitors last night. I hope this doesn't bode poorly for the next two groups of 12. Danny was by far the best then maybe the little blonde from Memphis. More proof in my mind that Danny's friend Jamar deserved to be in the final 36.
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Go Danny! My hometown boy hit it out of the park last night!! If he doesn't make the top 12, I'll be so sad!!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I missed the first half of the show. I liked the girl who sang "Natural Woman"..have no clue what her name is. Danny is my favorite so far.:smile:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I think Danny was good..but as Simon said I'm not on the "bandwagon" yet. I like the blonde girl with the pink stripe too..love that bluesy voice!
  • ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yep, loved Danny and the blonde girl. Anoop was really good too. Being the same exact age as him, I completely remember "Angel of Mine" and liked the song too. It was a blast from my childhood years and anyone who's my age probably knows the song.

I liked Stevie in her first audition. I wish she had done better last night. :( I also liked Anne Marie but I thought her song was boring. I agree that "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles or something similar would have been a much better choice for her.

The guy who sang "Hick Town." Ok, I love country music and I love that song, but it's a "fun" song, not a "showcase your awesome voice" song. Out of all the country songs, even current ones, to choose from, I don't know why he would pick that one. =/ I like him though.

Unfortunately, the crazy Puerto Rican girl actually has a good voice...and might very well make it. The roughneck is a great singer but should have chosen another song. "I Don't Want To Be" is a great song, but...I don't know, didn't fit his image, I guess? Not to me, anyways. But of the guys I would still choose Danny, by far. It's one thing to have a sad story, and yes he does, but he also is a great vocalist and already has the look of a celebrity. I see him following in the steps of someone like Chris Daughtry (not so rock, but still) or David Cook. Only I think his music would appeal to me, personally, even more.

Is Danny originally from NC?
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I loved this show until the whole Sanjia(sp?) incident... How in the world did he make it so far? Oh wait, the teeny boppers that watch ruined it for me!!! Oh well... I love the newest American Idol, and I was a very big fan of Taylor Hicks-he seems like such a genuinely nice guy!!!

Taylor Hicks is on the Regis and Kelly show playing the dating game. Someone will win a date with him.
  • lorelai63
    Options

I was shocked at the overall level of competitors last night. I hope this doesn't bode poorly for the next two groups of 12. Danny was by far the best then maybe the little blonde from Memphis. More proof in my mind that Danny's friend Jamar deserved to be in the final 36.

I love Danny too. sad story about his wife. He is a good singer but felt bad for his best friend who didnt make it.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it is about guys lookin' good with silver hair, but I can't wait until my husband gets to that point!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • lorelai63
    Options
    The first three or four did really well, ending with the cute blonde with the pink stripe in her hair. After that it was all down hill until Danny closed out the evening.

Favs after Day 1 - Male: Danny Female: Blonde with pink stripe

same favs as me!~
  • lorelai63
    Options
    Well thanks for all the input. Dont forget to watch tonight!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    so glad Alexis Grace made it :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

40120_110x82.jpg

Michael Sarver #2
    40143_110x82.jpg

Danny Gokey #3
    40127_110x82.jpg

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    so glad Alexis Grace made it :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

40120_110x82.jpg

Michael Sarver #2
    40143_110x82.jpg

Danny Gokey #3
    40127_110x82.jpg

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    they got it right!!!! :)
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    My husband started watching the show live... and I started complaining. The stupid group songs, and then making people sing the same songs that we heard last night... Ugh, anything to make the show last longer! Needless to say, we quit watching live and are catching up on Lost from last week. Later, when we can zip through all the stupid crap, we'll watch Idol. We'll cut the time down to half if not less....
  • Tailea
    Tailea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOO WHAT ABOUT ANOOP?!