Ladies with big ta-ta's!

Options
13»

Replies

• ciminder87
    Options
    I'm a 36 DD and my sister is a 32 DD. We're both able to find some bras at Kohls that fit those sizes, and while they are supportive, they're usually fairly plain.

Lane Bryant has a lot of larger bras, but they're usually for women 38+ around the ribs.

Victoria's Secret has a really good selection in larger cup sizes for women with smaller rib cages. To help with the expense, sign up for their emails and their mailing list. They have tons of sales (the semi-annual sale is awesome!) and they mail out lots of coupons for $10 off a bra or free panties.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    If you want a good, supportive bra, you will need to spend money. I'm a 32 D, which is equally hard to find in regular stores (except Victoria's secret - but their bras are pretty, but not terribly supportive).

Here are my suggestions:

1) Get a fitting at a bra shop and not at a department store. like www.myintimacy.com if there's one near you. I went in thinking I was a 34 DDD and turns out I'm a 32 D.

2) Be prepared to spend upwards of $120 for a nice bra. You heard me. That's $120 for ONE bra. You won't regret it. How many regular department store bras do you go through in a year, what with underwire falling out or losing it's elasticity? A good, expensive bra will be the best investment you'll make for you and your boobs. You and they are worth it!

3) After you buy a fabulous, expensive bra, take good care of it. Hand wash and lay flat to dry. ALWAYS. Never put it in the washing mashine or dryer. That's a surefire way to kill any bra.

My favorite brand is Prima Donna. I have Madison and the Satin Underwire.
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I do most of my bra shopping at Nordstrom (40G currently) and Elomi brand seems to be good for me. Also Wacoal makes some bras that look great under shirts (almost a pinup look without a shirt on). Traditional stores aren't going to have a wide variety of sizes because most women wear the wrong size and don't care. aside from a "double up" sports bra (I can't justify buying sports bras that actually work for me otherwise, they're SO expensive as they're equestrian use, and I'd need 3-5, I don't wash daily!) I haven't even looked at bras at other stores since I was a 36D in college. Ahh, the days of saying "that's a cute bra" and taking it home without even trying it on!.
  • heather_elise85
    heather_elise85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I know you said you don't want VS or to spend that amount but seriously.. I have been a 36DD since 7th grade and I have bought the Target, Kohls, Kmart, Walmart bras and NOTHING comes close to the VS bras ( for me, personally ) ... since I started working out more I bought the VS Fitness X ( i think thats what they are called ) I am by no means able to purchase more than a couple a year so I ask for them for XMAS, my birthday or ask for VS gift cards on holidays. That helps a lot.. also, I went last year in August and had a gift card - I went straight to the clearance rack and found the X bras for 14.99$!! It was awesome - and luckily, they had my size! So while most of the time you probably will have to spend around 50-60 bucks .. sometimes the clearance rack has super good deals!! And as long as you wash them and hang them to dry mine last at least 3 years!

this is the bra i use to work out in -
    http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265646480886&c=Page&cid=1319078566006&pagename=vsdWrapper
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34DD too - unfortunately the only bras I've really been happy with fit wise have been VS. if you stalk their website you might be able to pick some up on sale/clearance but otherwise yeah. It sucks
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, good bras at that size are expensive. Usually around $60. And I know you said that was too expensive.

I finally had to give in. I'm a natural 32E (in some brands a 34DDD) and I have to get mine from Nordstroms. It sucks but WOW it makes a difference to have a good well fitting bra! Just the lift that a good bra gives is fantastic and makes my waist look smaller :D

The problem is most places figure if you cup size is big then your band size should be too. Hence why our size is so hard to find.

I recommend Chantelle, Fantasie and for sports bras I recommend Freya. I've tried all these and they are great but they are also expensive. Some of the best money I ever spent, though, I have to say. For sports bras, I've also heard good things about Enell and Moving Comfort but I havent tried those.

Good luck! I feel your pain :)

I second this all the way. I love Fantasie and Freya for regular bras and for sports bras I like Shock Absorber. They are expensive but I find them cheaper online than in stores. Good luck!!
  • amarneu
    amarneu Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    36H here...ugh lol If anyone knows anywhere that I can get an actual sportsbar (must ship to Canada) that would be great, or even suggestions for cheaper bras they are averaging at around 200 now which is kind of ridiculous in my opinion
  • vespaberrie
    vespaberrie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Try Soma if there is a store near you. They do professional fittings, and have a large selection of nice bras from moderately priced to high end.
    I agree a good fitting might make all the difference.
  • iamthevieve
    Options
    I don't know what size I am anymore. Last time I was measured, they said I was a 38DD, but I'm probably up to a DDD by now since I'm breastfeeding.
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You can also try Ross if there is one near you. I sometimes find my size there.
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I get Wacoal and Chantelle bras at Nordstrom, where they have excellent fitters. The cost is usually $60 to $90, but these bras last for years, especially if you have several and don't wear the same one all the time. I recently went from 38DD to a 36F (a size I had never heard of), but the new ones seem to fit better and look better under clothes.
  • cariliz
    Options
    Moving Comfort makes a supportive bra with adjustable strap(a must for my 36DD's). You can order it at amazon.com for about $25. I feel it's extremely supporting when jogging which is always harder to do with a heavier load. =) Good luck.

Moving Comfort Women's Maia Bra

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B1KUS4/ref=oh_o04_s00_i02_details
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Before my breast reduction I was a 38 G, now I am a 34 D. I used to be able to put one bra cup on my head. I had one hell of a time finding bras too. I had the most luck with JC Penny's, Avenue and Layne Bryant. They used to have someone at JC Penny's that would do an old school fitting with a tape meaure for a perfect fit.
  • mutzzy
    mutzzy Posts: 23
    Options
    Go to a high end store and get fit correctly. Then I love to order from Bravissimo. They are well made bras and much cheaper than at stores. YOu will pay for shipping- so I usually order a few. Their sports bras are awesome!! They also sell clothes for shapely girls!
  • LosingWeight2012
    LosingWeight2012 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Im a 34d. Go to victoria secret. Not all bras are $60. Thier bras are super comfy, sexy and durable. Target bras fall apart fast. Check ebay for amazing vs beas that are new with tags.
  • Nikki7680
    Nikki7680 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I get all my bras at Lane Bryant. I usually have to replace them once a year but they have sexy styles and colors and usually run good deals throughout the year. I haven't been able to find anything in a regular store in my size, 40DDD, so I just stick with LB!
  • hammkim
    Options
    hello ! im new to mfp . i wear a 38 G bar and the best place i have found to by them is macy's and yes there are good ones that cost $ 60 but they have cheaper ones also.:smile: