Unintended Negative Consequences of weight loss

Options
bshedwick
bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
My wedding ring is starting to feel too loose.

And I'm freaking cold all of the time now! I lost all of that extra insulation!

Replies

• MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!! Same here!!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

I can't wear my ring at all now because the size went down so much (9 1/2 to 5 1/2) that they would have to reset all of the stones AND completely reshape the band, which is too expensive, so I have a loaner ring until I can save up a few hundred dollars to get my real wedding ring resized.

I also am always freezing.
  • IMDABOMBthe0wife0DABEAST
    Options
    Same here as well. I am always cold except at night. I also had to have my wedding ring resized down almost 2 full sizes. I will take the consequences over the unhealthy life I had before.
  • bshedwick
    Options
    Same here as well. I am always cold except at night. I also had to have my wedding ring resized down almost 2 full sizes. I will take the consequences over the unhealthy life I had before.

I will take the consequences in exchange for being much healthier any day, and twice on Sundays!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    same here, almost lost my rings in the "Shred It" box and work, and yes, ALWAYS freezing. Gonna get some temporary sizers for my rings. On the upside, my husband bought me a necklace last Christmas that I could not wear until recently.
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Haha I have the opposite problem... I was pregnant (unknown at the time) when I got married and gained 40 lbs with the pregnancy weight and my ring became too small.... then I lost all of the weight and my ring STILL Was too Small! then I have gained back 20 so as the story goes for me Im needing too loose weight to fit back into my ring! I havent worn it since about 2 months after I got married and that was 2.5 years ago
  • bshedwick
    Options

I can't wear my ring at all now because the size went down so much (9 1/2 to 5 1/2) that they would have to reset all of the stones AND completely reshape the band, which is too expensive, so I have a loaner ring until I can save up a few hundred dollars to get my real wedding ring resized.

Wow! 125lbs lost. Thats motivating! I'd imagine your fingers would my much slimmer now. Luckily my wedding ring is a simple band, so I should be able to get it resized if it comes to that.
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I had to get a ring guard for my wedding ring, but it drives me crazy..I only wear it if I am going out.and I am always freezing too!!
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Several years ago I lost 25% of my body weight from an illness in a very abbreviated time period. I was down to about as low as I could go without starting to be really too thin. I noticed that my fingers were always freezing and several other problems even though we lived in the very warm southwest at the time. I learned about iodine therapy for cold hands and feet, so I started putting iodine (like you buy for cuts) on my thighs in little patches and eating zucchini and shellfish which supposedly have iodine in them. I also used capsicum (red pepper flakes) capsules at night before going to bed. These things warmed me right up. I am now in the full swing of my menopausal state, so cold usually isn't too much of an issue for me. :)

Good luck everyone.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I am actually wishing that I was having hot flashes but I too am very cold but getting more warm clothes!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I've lost my wedding band once when it fell of my finger, thankfully found it later; and i have never felt this cold in my life...so you are not alone!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Same here, and you know what that means...

Bye Bye Wife!

No, not really - lol I am going to a jeweler who can do a size reduction. It's a great problem to have - right?
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I had my ring sized down in June and I'll have to do the same this month or next. I like my ring a bit tight and that freaks my husband out. I figure, I'd rather have it stuck ON than have it fall off!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    A+ for weight loss
    A+ for proper use of the word loose

Get a sweater and get your ring resized. :smile:
    :drinker:
  • bshedwick
    Options
    A+ for weight loss
    A+ for proper use of the word loose

Get a sweater and get your ring resized. :smile:
    :drinker:

LOL
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

Yes, my wedding ring (size 12) will never fit my 7/7.5 finger again -- it is inscribed so having it resized is not an option. I bought a chain for it and wear it occasionally.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Now you can laugh at the people who whine about the hot summer! Winning!

Rings resized down, easy. Because your fingers are chubby, not!

Lucky!!!!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I totally freeze all the time now! Also, I'm going broke buying smaller clothes. I've almost had my 'fat pants' fall off atcwork a few times.
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Solution : wear a sweater and get a ring guard put on at any local jeweler! :D

Hey, it is better than gaining the weight back, right?!

Good for you btw!!!
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I totally freeze all the time now! Also, I'm going broke buying smaller clothes. I've almost had my 'fat pants' fall off atcwork a few times.

I was buying new clothes all the time until someone mentioned hitting the local thrift store!! Goofy me hadn't thought of that! It is a great idea for the shrinking stage until ya reach your goal!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!