Unintended Negative Consequences of weight loss

Options

Replies

• pumperlady
    pumperlady Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :smile: living in sweat shirts and sweaters plus turned up the heat but glad I am healthier.
  • Murlin54
    Murlin54 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn my wedding rings for four years because I didn't want to get them re-sized bigger, and I keep hoping I will lose weight and be able to wear them again. Opposite problem. I am wearing a claddagh ring my husband gave me on my ring finger. I hope this time I can wear my rings sometime next year!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring is too big now also. That's why it hangs from a chain around my neck. If I resize it now, odds are I'll have to resize it again in a few months anyway. :laugh:
  • stephelan
    Options
    Don't have the problem with the rings but I've definitely found myself to be colder! Not only that but, as a soccer player who is very physical, my usual technique doesn't work so well anymore. I am definitely the one on the ground more often now. (But at least I can chase the ball faster!)
  • Wrappedinbacon
    Wrappedinbacon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    its not time to resize my ring yet but its getting there. Also for me when I started losing weight I got cold a lot I started taking an iron supplement and that has helped
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Our local thrift store has half price Mondays on the 1st of the month, I can buy an entire wardrobe there for under $50, we are talking name brand stuf too :) 75c for name brand shirts and slacks, you just can't beat that.

I've done that twice now in the past two years because I shrunk out of my old clothes.

Now I can fit into my two teen son's clothes so my wardrobe has tripled, but...

I now find a lot of my clothes in their dirty piles LOL
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I couldn't wear my wedding ring before. I'm thrilled that it fits again!

I also went from burning up at work all the time to being cold most days.

These are good problems to have!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Me too - lucky it's summer now, so I won't be cold for much longer!
    I'm hoping that by next winter my body will be used to being at this weight and I won't be so cold.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Hmm, all I can think of is having all these huge clothes that no longer fit me and riding over to the store to buy new ones... and if I continued to lose more that means yet another trip to fork over more money on clothes. That's about it though.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Count me among those who has had to resize my ring (2x) and who is cold all the time. As well as:

I had to replace my entire shoe wardrobe since my feet went down a size

My collar bone is now very prominent. I just about wiped out my jaw one day when I whipped my head around to look behind me and neglected to lift my chin out of harms way. Haven't repeated that move again. Still not sure how it happened the first time...
  • MeowserKitty
    Options
    Too bony. Sitting sometimes is ouchy (No bum) and sleeping is uncomfortable because of the bones.

Pants falllinnggg\

COLD
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm beyond cold!! I feel like a polar bear that lost it's coat, and Winter is just beginning! :sad: :flowerforyou:
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    My ta-tas are gone :(
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    One thing I noticed last week when I was splitting and stacking firewood, I used to grab the wood and hold it on my hip to move it, but now there is no buffer of fat and it hit the bone ---Ouch.. so I have to use a dfferent technique.
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    cold but maybe tmi, but there is less padding on places for intimate times, hurts a bit
  • monet13
    monet13 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to fit into my wedding ring sometime in the near future! Haven't worn it since I was pregnant with my twins 23 years ago! I have also done the thrift store thing to buy 'in-between cloths' - why spend a bunch of money on cloths that I will be shrinking out of soon?? Looking forward to all the problems people mentioned here! :flowerforyou:
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Count me among those who has had to resize my ring (2x) and who is cold all the time. As well as:

I had to replace my entire shoe wardrobe since my feet went down a size

My collar bone is now very prominent. I just about wiped out my jaw one day when I whipped my head around to look behind me and neglected to lift my chin out of harms way. Haven't repeated that move again. Still not sure how it happened the first time...

oh yea my feet went down a size and a half too
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I also lost my built in tv tray, (gut).

I used to be able to sit in a recliner and put a plate of food on top of my gut and eat, now I'd get a lap full of food LOL

My small dog used to like to sleep on top of the gut back in the day too, every once in a while she'll forget those days are gone and hop up there and just slide right down onto my lap ;)
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    cold but maybe tmi, but there is less padding on places for intimate times, hurts a bit

Then stop doing it!!, LOL
  • nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I haven't even begun to lose weight and im dreading the freezing. I'm already cold all the time, and i'm fat! D: Its gonna be horrible when I'm skinny..

Whatever, I'll just buy more sweaters. Haha.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!