Are you into fashion and spend big money on it?

Options

Replies

• sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I buy expensive jeans, just because they fit me well and don't fall apart or stretch out. Other than that, you can find me at the clearance rack. It's like I have radar for where it is in the store!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone!
    When is see threads that yearn for the perfect LBD I just can't identify. I've never found dresses comfortable or flattering. I have even disliked all three of my wedding gowns! Its a waste of time to try to dress me up and a bigger waste of money.
    I'll stick to my casual wear and department store prices.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I try to shop smart.. I like the nice stuff, but I don't have the budget for it. I will spend a little more on items that I know I will wear for 5 years or so. I usually avoid trendy items, or if I buy them I will get the cheaper stuff from XXI or other stores like that.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm not into "fashion;" I'm into style. I spend a lot of money on clothes and shoes, but I do not waste money on things that are "trendy." I honestly could not care less what everyone else is wearing. I care more about quality than price. I'd rather pay $600 for one pair of shoes that will still be wearable in 20 years than $40 for a pair I'll be giving to the poor in six months. And if I don't love something the moment I see it, it's not going home with me.

I understand the theory that "it's who you are on the inside that counts," but I think your clothing choices say a lot about that. Why on Earth would you wear clothes that don't reflect "who you are on the inside?"
  • polarlove
    polarlove Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't bother trying to impress anyone else with my clothes, but I do enjoy putting together outfits and buying new clothes. to me, the clothes I wear help bring out/show off my personality. when I have to wear a uniform for work, I don't feel completely myself, if that makes any sense. probably not :laugh:
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    I'm not into "fashion;" I'm into style. I spend a lot of money on clothes and shoes, but I do not waste money on things that are "trendy." I honestly could not care less what everyone else is wearing. I care more about quality than price. I'd rather pay $600 for one pair of shoes that will still be wearable in 20 years than $40 for a pair I'll be giving to the poor in six months. And if I don't love something the moment I see it, it's not going home with me.

I understand the theory that "it's who you are on the inside that counts," but I think your clothing choices say a lot about that. Why on Earth would you wear clothes that don't reflect "who you are on the inside?"

"Fashion fades, style is eternal"..I love this quote!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I tend to try to buy stuff that always is somewhat in style.

But that's when I shop. I'm still wearing size 8 work clothes and I'm a 2-4. Doesn't bother me.

One of these days I'll have the time and money to put into a great wardrobe.

Goodwill is great!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I like to look good, so you could say I'm into fashion. But I'm not into labels and I will search high and low for a good bargain.

The dress I'm wearing in my avatar cost $16.

Luckily, my style tends toward more classic than trendy, so I can wear my clothes for years.
  • rml_16
    Options

I have a $30 pair of boots that are 10 years old and still in fantastic shape, even after going through five Buffalo winters and being worn constantly. It isn't about price. It's about knowing where to find quality for less.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm not talking about snow boots, I'm talking about heels, hence "style." You're not going to find a pair of high heels for $30 that you can wear with any degree of regularity for 10 years.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I love clothes, make up, shoes, etc etc. I just choose not to spend lots of money on them. I have a closet full of nice fashionable clothes and shoes. Everything is usually a good deal.

Just this past weekend I bought a $70 skirt (HOT HOT HOT!) for $20. I'm good like that.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I'm not talking about snow boots, I'm talking about heels, hence "style." You're not going to find a pair of high heels for $30 that you can wear with any degree of regularity for 10 years.

Where did I say they were snow boots? They're knee-high, heeled leather boots.

And, yes, you can find a pair of heels for $30 (less if you look) that you can wear for 10 years. I have several pair.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    who needs cloths with you got a body like this...KABOOM lol anyway I grew up going to goodwill, salvation army for alot of great deals on cloths. Also i a a proud wal-mart shopper
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love clothes.I used to have trouble finding exactly what I wanted in correct size even if I had money to spend on clothes.Now I have learned to sew and I am good at it so I sew what I want.I do think that I spend lots of money on raw materials but atleast I get what I want.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a clue how to shop or wear anything other than jeans and a tshirt. But I have a secret desire to hire a personal shopper and get a total wardrobe makeover. Maybe someday.

I have a secret desire to be on "What Not to Wear" so I can get a free makeover. I could REALLY use it, too.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I don't really have a clue how to shop or wear anything other than jeans and a tshirt. But I have a secret desire to hire a personal shopper and get a total wardrobe makeover. Maybe someday.

I have a secret desire to be on "What Not to Wear" so I can get a free makeover. I could REALLY use it, too.

Me, too!

I keep thinking about going to Goodwill and finding the WORST possible clothes and then hiding all my real clothes so I can get all that money and new clothes and a trip to NY. lol

I won't, though. I have evil thoughts, but rarely act on them. :-)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I used to when I had disposable income, but now I have a husband, a child, two dogs, a mortgage, and two car payments . . . which means that I dress iin whatever is affordable and only the basics. It makes it tough because I've had to completely redo my wardrobe twice the year, can't really afford that.
  • dropofhope
    Options
    I work in fashion and I love it. Clothes are like decoration, they make me feel good and they make me feel beautiful. I have lots of nice things but I don't spend tons of money. I try to wait until a coupon offer or special store promotions but if I see something I really love I will drop some money on it. I don't wear all designer clothes either...my jeans are designer they cost $120 and make my *kitten* look fantastic, but my t-shirt was $5 at Old Navy.

It pisses me off when people make judgements about me because of the way I dress, they assume I'm a snob or high maintenance. I'm neither.

Every person spends their on something, tattoos aren't cheap, neither is food or booze...everybody's got their somethin'.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

Me, too!

I keep thinking about going to Goodwill and finding the WORST possible clothes and then hiding all my real clothes so I can get all that money and new clothes and a trip to NY. lol

I won't, though. I have evil thoughts, but rarely act on them. :-)

my clothes are all so old and so few, they would THINK that's what I did. Hell, my husband has twice the amount of clothes and shoes that I do.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I'm a journalist so have no spare cash at all :laugh: However, I'll get my fashion fix by picking up something for less than a tenner at the bigger supermarkets or the cheap fashion stores like H&M and NewLook - I can finally do this again now I'm a normal size :drinker: