Get OUT of my pantry!!!

Losing_It
Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
What is the ONE food you absolutely can NOT have in the house without over-indulging??? :noway:

For me it's Banana-nut bread:heart: . I can't resist...I keep going back for more..and more..and more..until it's all gone and I'm wearing it on my thighs!

Replies

• Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    What is the ONE food you absolutely can NOT have in the house without over-indulging??? :noway:

For me it's Banana-nut bread:heart: . I can't resist...I keep going back for more..and more..and more..until it's all gone and I'm wearing it on my thighs!
  • I used to have this problem, but since I started losing weight I have really developed an even stronger willpower and it doesn't seem to matter what's in the house I dont eat it because I know it's not good for me or my goals. (keep in mind I live with a woman who can eat anything and not put on the weight, so we still have junk food in the house unfortunately).
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    roasted salted pumpkin seeds
    they are good for you but high cal high good fat but man....if I grab a handful it turns into several hand fulls....yum
  • MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Chocolate. I don't care what kind or how it got there....if it's there, it's going in my mouth!
  • Im the same as MattySparky, there is still junk food in the house, I have two teenage boys, but my willpower is stronger than that.

Plus, I do not deprive myself of anything, I take one bite and thats all.

But if I did have to pick one thing that wasnt always in the house, Pizza Hut pizza :grumble:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Chocolate is my weakness, I can leave it so long, then it gets the better off me :grumble: :blushing:
    It used to be jam doughnuts, but I can live without them these days :drinker:

How's your son getting on now?
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Chocolate is my weakness, I can leave it so long, then it gets the better off me :grumble: :blushing:
    It used to be jam doughnuts, but I can live without them these days :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Hummus...and lots of it! :bigsmile: :love:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Hard Rolls and Real Butter

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Kathy
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Mountain Dew. And I haven't had any since September. And I might never have it again. I love it so much, at my last job, coworkers called me Mountain Dew Girl.
  • Twizzalers or Red Vines. I can seriously eat an entire package in one day. :indifferent:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Loosing_it... :flowerforyou:

I LOVE my mums homemade Banana Nut Bread.. its sooo yummy.. i have the biggest slices of it cause it just tastes so damm good!!!:happy:

It used to be ice-cream.. i think we have 4 tubs in the fridge.. and guess what... i havent had any for ages... hope it doesnt go off!! :laugh:

:heart: Katherine
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Lindor chocolate. We have the darn factory outlet between home and my work.

I refuse to buy any because I know I will be a pig
  • havingitall
    Double Post
  • havingitall
    Triple Post... I must really like it... That and my computer froze
  • Cookie Dough... If it is in my fridge... there is no stopping me!!

:heart: Dawn
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    I actually read somewhere that people more successfully resist a desired food when it's readily available. Something to do with a continual practise of willpower against it.

Not sure I buy it, but it's certainly an interesting take
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Lindor chocolate. We have the darn factory outlet between home and my work.

I refuse to buy any because I know I will be a pig

Oh MAN! I would go another way home!

For me...it's anything salty. I can't even go down the chip aisle. Example - yesterday I went down the chip aisle to get the 100 calorie pack Sunchips. Perfect.

Um, instead I bought a bag of sour cream and onion chips.

Thankfully, I stopped chowing down half way through the bag. Then I dumped the chips into the garbage - dumped the bag upside down so I couldn't even be tempted to eat anymore.

But still...HALF WAY!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    I too have some junk here because of my kids. BUT, I cannot resist anything with SUGAR when that aweful mood happens. Especially cinnamon buns with creamcheese icing (mmmm Cinnabon), and Nestle Tollhouse Cookie with Icing bought from their kiosk. I have a 16" one in mt freezer. It is :devil: I love ICING!