High fiber, low carb foods?

Options
2»

Replies

• TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    This may sound gross, but I sometimes cook raw unprocessed wheat bran (sometimes called miller's bran) as a hot cereal and add protein powder to it. It's almost all fiber and protein...the bran pretty much goes right through you. But it fills you up and keeps things moving if you catch my drift. It's not bad after you get used to it.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Fiber is listed as a carb but it is either not digested or very slowly digested leaving zero impact on blood sugar. It is ok to subtract the fiber amount from the toal carb amount and get a true "net carb"

Fiber is too good for our health to avoid because we want to go no/low carb.

If you like bread or sandwiches I love the Josepth's Flax Breads that have around 4 net carbs & 4 fiber and Carb Balance Tortillas from Mission that have 6 net carbs. & 11 fiber.

Green veggies, like broccoli, should always be a free food.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Are you shooting for 40g NET? Or 40g total, regardless of the grams of fiber?

Check out Quest Protein Bars - questproteinbar.com

All natural, gluten free, high fiber (17 - 18 grams), high protein. Net carbs are 4 - 5g per bar!
    And they taste amazing! Unlike ANY other bar on the market!

Thanks for the info!!
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have been using Benefiber as well as using Atkins products that are high in fiber and low in carbs. I simply stir the Benefiber into my morning coffee. No flavor, after taste, etc.