Shamrock Shakes

Options
Uh oh..it's that time of year again! I absolutely LOVE Shamrock Shakes from McDonalds, and they only sell them around this time of year for St. Patrick's Day. I have decided that I will not give them up completely, but to only get a small and not as often as I usually would!!

Replies

• greysweatshirt
    Options
    Uh oh..it's that time of year again! I absolutely LOVE Shamrock Shakes from McDonalds, and they only sell them around this time of year for St. Patrick's Day. I have decided that I will not give them up completely, but to only get a small and not as often as I usually would!!
  • smendek910
    Options
    Enjoy yourself - here's the nutritional facts for the 11.3 oz size

Nutrition Facts
    Calories 416 (1740 kJ)
    % DV 1
    Total Fat 9.8g 15%
    Sat. Fat 6g 30%
    Trans Fat 0.8g
    Cholesterol 38mg 13%
    Sodium 135mg 6%
    Total Carbs. 72.4g 24%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 61.5g
    Protein 9.4g
    Calcium 337.5mg
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Mmmm~ I love shamrock shakes too! Maybe I'll treat myself to one this year..not sure yet...
    But I gave up iced coffee...:drinker:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Enjoy yourself - here's the nutritional facts for the 11.3 oz size

Nutrition Facts
    Calories 416 (1740 kJ)
    % DV 1
    Total Fat 9.8g 15%
    Sat. Fat 6g 30%
    Trans Fat 0.8g
    Cholesterol 38mg 13%
    Sodium 135mg 6%
    Total Carbs. 72.4g 24%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 61.5g
    Protein 9.4g
    Calcium 337.5mg

OH THE GUILT!!!! HAHAHA....Guess I'll just do some extra workouts.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    In my former eating... I loved these
  • MattySparky
    Options
    after reading that, count me out. I used to love those as a kid, but for that many calories n stuff there are sooooo many other things I've given up that are waaaaayyyyy more worth the treat.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Go get one on a work out day. It doesn't sound like it'll throw you way off...but work out!! :smile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    61 G of sugar and 416 calories....good lord...and from Mcdonalds? why? seems downright insane...but again...that is the crap that got us here...enjoy
  • MattySparky
    Options
    Go get one on a work out day. It doesn't sound like it'll throw you way off...but work out!! :smile:

I work out everyday, and Im certainly not going to bust my butt in the name of a milkshake from McDonalds... as I said there are far better things to work out for. Like a nice big steak dinner from the Keg or something like that. To each his own though, Im not judging anyone.
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    For me, I'm one of those people who will think about having something and then if i don't have it, I'll go crazy and binge on in later..so, I decided to allow myself to have something small, that way I don't feel deprived and I don't go overboard.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Steak, milk shake, what ever you want to have...you should have it...in moderation. :smile:

If you're one of those people who has to cut something out of their life completely...then do it. If you aren't, then eat it, but be wise about it.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    Absolutely... I wasn't trying to downplay that to some the shake is a good cheat... I was just putting in my two cents. You are absolutely right though, everyone needs a treat... that's for certain!!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    They are yummy, but after I saw what they cost me, cals, I'd rather eat those instead of drink them :frown:
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    oh wow eeeek I am doing a very low carb thing this week and am only allowed 20g a day....imagine one serving of this and Id blow my who diet lol

good luck to those who plan on eating these....this year will be my THIRD YEAR WITHOUT eating McDonalds!!!! it just gives me gut rot and the sugar slows me RIGHT DOWN.

Again to those who plan on eating these.ENJOY and remember to work out extra hard that day!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    oh wow eeeek I am doing a very low carb thing this week and am only allowed 20g a day....imagine one serving of this and Id blow my who diet lol

good luck to those who plan on eating these....this year will be my THIRD YEAR WITHOUT eating McDonalds!!!! it just gives me gut rot and the sugar slows me RIGHT DOWN.

Again to those who plan on eating these.ENJOY and remember to work out extra hard that day!

I am embarking on the low carb lifestyle too!!

61 grams of sugar, that is a lot of poison!!! That is about 2 days worth of carbs for me..............

If I want a milkshake, I will get some heavy whipping cream, sugar-free (low carb) ice cream, fresh strawberries, yogurt and make a milk shake / smoothie at home that it much, much better for you................

I am
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Yum, I love anything with mint and Ice cream. Good thing that the closest McD's is 30 miles from my house. I'm sure I'll end up getting one sometime.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

61 grams of sugar, that is a lot of poison!!! That is about 2 days worth of carbs for me..............

If I want a milkshake, I will get some heavy whipping cream, sugar-free (low carb) ice cream, fresh strawberries, yogurt and make a milk shake / smoothie at home that it much, much better for you................

I am

If I am craving something like a milk shake only a real milk shake is going to work. And really if it's not a regular occurrence it shouldn't be a problem. I do drink smoothies, but that's when I'm in the mood for a smoothy. I have found if I am craving something and end up eating a substitute it doesn't calm that craving, and then I end up over eating in the end. So for me it's better to just eat what I want to start with, just don't eat as much.

for those of you not eating sugar, don't you worry about the artificial sweeteners? I know SF Ice cream and yogurt are loaded with them.
  • LeanLioness
    Options

I am

If I am craving something like a milk shake only a real milk shake is going to work. And really if it's not a regular occurrence it shouldn't be a problem. I do drink smoothies, but that's when I'm in the mood for a smoothy. I have found if I am craving something and end up eating a substitute it doesn't calm that craving, and then I end up over eating in the end. So for me it's better to just eat what I want to start with, just don't eat as much.

for those of you not eating sugar, don't you worry about the artificial sweeteners? I know SF Ice cream and yogurt are loaded with them.

I buy sugar free ice cream from my Coop that is sweetened with Stevia...................and it is all natural.

I only buy Mountain High Yogurt, it has no artificial sweetners or sugar in it. The only sugar is the lactose (milk sugar) in it........................It is a bit tart, but with some fresh sliced strawberries and a little heavy whipping cream to it..............

And the way I make my milkshakes, no one would even know the difference..............I only eat vanilla and strawberry though.
  • LeanLioness
    Options

I am

How I make my milk shakes are more of a real milk shake then that pre-packaged stuff that McDonald's serves...............

I don't have to worry about sugar, trans fats, chemicals or preservatives in my milk shake!! I would rather have something I made and I know what goes into it.

I am trying to fore go all chemicals in my eating as much as I humanly can!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

I am trying to fore go all chemicals in my eating as much as I humanly can!!

well you look mavaaallloouuss:smile: