Shamrock Shakes

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Someone fill me in -- how are Shamrock Shakes flavored? Still vanilla or chocolate or mint or shamrock? :indifferent:

I've never had one. Might hafta change that!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Someone fill me in -- how are Shamrock Shakes flavored? Still vanilla or chocolate or mint or shamrock? :indifferent:

what does it matter.....it has over 60 grams of sugar........come on...dont do it
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    after reading that, count me out. I used to love those as a kid, but for that many calories n stuff there are sooooo many other things I've given up that are waaaaayyyyy more worth the treat.
    'stuff' is exactly what my first thoughts were when seeing the thread title.:sick: :frown:

I'm currently reading "Don't Eat This Book' Fast Food and supersizing of America" Morgan Spurlock by the same guy that ate at McEw's for 30 days and got really sick afterwards for an experiement.

wow, what an eye opener this book is! I can't recall the number of chemicals they use for the shakes but it's double digits...:noway: :sick:

oh but do enjoy your shake if you chose to have one this season:drinker: :wink: I wasn't trying to gross anyone out, I just am blown away by what's going on in our world.:sad: :ohwell: :tongue:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

what does it matter.....it has over 60 grams of sugar........come on...dont do it

Life is meant to be lived, in moderation for sure, but one Shamrock Shake won't kill me!:laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Go get one on a work out day. It doesn't sound like it'll throw you way off...but work out!! :smile:
    Grey, you could workout while drinking it...maybe run on the treadmill while sipping? How long on the treadmill would that be?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Life is meant to be lived, in moderation for sure, but one Shamrock Shake won't kill me!:laugh:
    um, it might:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    For me, I'm one of those people who will think about having something and then if i don't have it, I'll go crazy and binge on in later..so, I decided to allow myself to have something small, that way I don't feel deprived and I don't go overboard.
    excellent point Grey:smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    oh wow eeeek I am doing a very low carb thing this week and am only allowed 20g a day....imagine one serving of this and Id blow my who diet lol

good luck to those who plan on eating these....this year will be my THIRD YEAR WITHOUT eating McDonalds!!!! it just gives me gut rot and the sugar slows me RIGHT DOWN.

Again to those who plan on eating these.ENJOY and remember to work out extra hard that day!
    Congrats..wow, that is AWESOME, 3 years from McEw's is well, awesome, you've done great V!:flowerforyou:

I bet you feel incredible with less simple carbs...both You AND Lioness:flowerforyou:
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options

I don't like them, never have...but 'tis also the season for those Cadbury eggs with the fake yolk that always grossed out my friends in school.
    I'm planning for one when I really want it, and then it will be done.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

I don't like them, never have...but 'tis also the season for those Cadbury eggs with the fake yolk that always grossed out my friends in school.
    But have you noticed they've changed the color to orange yolk now from the original yellow some years back? Yea, that used to sorta gross me out, funny how sometimes something to real in color can do that:laugh:
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options

But have you noticed they've changed the color to orange yolk now from the original yellow some years back? Yea, that used to sorta gross me out, funny how sometimes something to real in color can do that:laugh:
    Yeah, like this store I go to has gummy teeth, and the color and shape is dead on, it grosses me out everytime is see them. Thinking of getting a bag, and putting them on top of my teeth and like driving through the bank for something..:bigsmile: :laugh:
    I guess the kids love them, they are strawberry cream flavor. Eeewww.:noway:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Picturing anyone with fake teeth pulling up to a bank teller window made me laugh uncontrollably... Too funny!!!:laugh:
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Well everyone I have some good news for you! I do have the recipe for Mcdonalds Shamrock Shakes!
    This is their actual version of it so you could modify it and make it healhtier for yourself.

2 cups of vanilla ice cream
    1 cup milk
    1/4 cup of half and half
    1/4 teaspoon of MINT extract (not peppermint)
    8 drops of green food coloring

Mix all ingredients on high speed until smooth. Stop blender, stir and blend again, if necessary to combine all ingredients.

Makes 2-12oz shakes

ENJOY!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Well everyone I have some good news for you! I do have the recipe for Mcdonalds Shamrock Shakes!
    This is their actual version of it so you could modify it and make it healhtier for yourself.

1 cup milk
    1/4 cup of half and half

Mix all ingredients on high speed until smooth. Stop blender, stir and blend again, if necessary to combine all ingredients.

Makes 2-12oz shakes

ENJOY!

Oh, they ARE mint.
    See, problem solved, I don't like mint.
    But I looooooove chocolate shakes! :laugh:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options

1 cup milk
    1/4 cup of half and half

Makes 2-12oz shakes

ENJOY!

Wow! Thanks! I may have to try that if I'm craving more of them!! haha...
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

no..wont kill you...but man o man...so many "bettter" things to enjoy than a sugary chemical pigfest...how about some cave aged guyrere cheese...it is heaven
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Yeah, like this store I go to has gummy teeth, and the color and shape is dead on, it grosses me out everytime is see them. Thinking of getting a bag, and putting them on top of my teeth and like driving through the bank for something..:bigsmile: :laugh:
    I guess the kids love them, they are strawberry cream flavor. Eeewww.:noway:

ew, I know I shouldn't bring this up but it's already passed through my memory...blech Do you recall when they used to sell (well still do in someplaces I'm sure) 'gummy boogers' with the other candy in gas stations etc.?? I was traveling and went into grab a pop years ago and saw them, it was like an accident you just simply couldn't look away! They had well, let's put it this way, very realistic colors and photos on the back of the little box, all sorts of shapes that were, well, realistic is the only way to put it. I was gonna buy a box for a joke for someone but couldn't bring myself to the idea of supporting the company!:laugh: :laugh: :sick:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

no..wont kill you...but man o man...so many "bettter" things to enjoy than a sugary chemical pigfest...how about some cave aged guyrere cheese...it is heaven
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

Yes, but can I get that from my local drive through?????
    JUST KIDDING. :wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Yes, but can I get that from my local drive through?????
    JUST KIDDING. :wink:
    um, what's wrong with a "sugary chemical pigfest" they sell them all time, so they must be ok for folks to eat/drink right??:noway: :sick: :tongue: