Peppermint Bark Fudge

Options
DHalaby73
DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
PER SERVING (1/36th of recipe, 1 piece): 67 calories, 1g fat, 50mg sodium, 14g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 9.5g sugars, 0.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 2*

Peppermint bark is awesome. Fudge rules. Put them together (and remove loads of fat and calories) and you get this guilt-free treat that awesomely rules.

Ingredients:
2 cups canned pure pumpkin (Libby's is best!)
One 18.3-oz. box Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies mix
3 tbsp. white chocolate chips, roughly chopped
1 standard-size candy cane or 5 mini candy canes, lightly crushed

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8" X 8" baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine pumpkin with brownie mix; stir until smooth. (Don't add anything else!) Transfer mixture to the pan.

Bake until edges are slightly firm and top center is dry to the touch, about 35 minutes. (Batter may look undercooked; this is okay.)

Immediately sprinkle with chopped chocolate chips and crushed candy cane(s). Allow fudge to cool.

Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 2 hours. (This fudge tastes best when chilled overnight.) Cut into 36 squares and serve!

MAKES 36 SERVINGS

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! Thanks!
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious!! Will be trying this ASAP!

Question though: Are the squares really thick? This seems like a big recipe to fit into an 8x8" pan and then cut into 36 squares. Either way, I am going to be making this!
  • ajlarz
    Options
    I made this last night...and it was excellent!! I did use a 9x13" pan though because the 8x8 looked way too small. I recommend the bigger pan unless you want it really thick. I ended up cutting it into 56 pieces and it came out to this:

Calories: 20, Carbs: 5, Fat: 0; Protein: 0, Sodium: 37; Fiber: 0

Nutrition wise, they are low calorie but they are lacking protein and fiber. I might try to add some whey protein next time just to give it something. All around, excellent!
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    I made this last night...and it was excellent!! I did use a 9x13" pan though because the 8x8 looked way too small. I recommend the bigger pan unless you want it really thick. I ended up cutting it into 56 pieces and it came out to this:

Calories: 20, Carbs: 5, Fat: 0; Protein: 0, Sodium: 37; Fiber: 0

Nutrition wise, they are low calorie but they are lacking protein and fiber. I might try to add some whey protein next time just to give it something. All around, excellent!

Awesome glad they came out good..You can never go wrong adding protein..
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Sounds REALLY yummy! Will be making this this weekend.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump!!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    mmmmm thanks for sharing!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    fudge? after reading this it sounds like a pumpkin brownie with candy cane on top? Am I missing the part where the fudge comes in?
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    bump!!!!! Yumm!!
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    chocolate and mint are the perfect pair... I think I am going to make this tonight just to take my mind of studying and then enjoy this low cal treat. Thanks for sharing :)
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    fudge? after reading this it sounds like a pumpkin brownie with candy cane on top? Am I missing the part where the fudge comes in?
    sounds like because you dont bake to brownie time leaves in more of a fudge consistancy.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Cool...I have pumpkin in my cupboard that I wanted to use up over the holidays.

Does it keep for a while if you have it in the fridge?
  • kiahpyr
    kiahpyr Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy!
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Cool...I have pumpkin in my cupboard that I wanted to use up over the holidays.

Does it keep for a while if you have it in the fridge?

I don't see why not..
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    holy eff
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • ajlarz
    Options
    sounds like because you dont bake to brownie time leaves in more of a fudge consistancy.

Yes- the way that they are cooked makes them have more of a consistency of fudge. Of course they are not your typical Christmas fudge that you normally think of, but they are pretty darn good!