Bump
  • smoore1988
    smoore1988 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xaveria2
    xaveria2 Posts: 62
    Options
    I use my favorite salsa (peach pineapple chipotle) on top of filet and bake it. It adds flavor and is yummy. I have also used homemade baba ganoosh on top as the flavoring. I love both ways and they are very low in calories.
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post and all the ideas being shared. Absolutely helpful since I've been wanting to add more fish to weekly meal plans.
  • mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    Ok i love shellfish, but am not a huge fish fan. I have started trying new foods and Tilapia is on the list of things to try. I have some frozen filets and want to make a healthy dinner with them tonight. What should I do with them?

try defrosting them. In a chopper or blinder put a serving of walnuts and a splash of lemon or lime juice. blend till it sticks together. then top the fish with it. so good no oil needed!
  • mrs_deg1983
    Options
    heres some yummy sides.

baby red taters,

i like to get green beans and snap them. cook them till they are tender add some EVOO , onions and garlic yum.

Cook up some brown rice in low cal chicken broth add onions and green peppers.

If you want to try something out there get a whole corn on the cob and let it sit in a baggy of italian dressing and a tad of salf and grill it up.

Get some whole wheat spaghetti noodles and cook them to how you like them. Then shock them after straining the water set them in a bowl of ice water. In another bowl add some dice tomatoes, onions, green peppers and cucumbers and use some Italian dressing just dont make it to strong then add salt and pepper to tast. Add noodles and enjoy!
  • mrs_deg1983
    Options
    i guess i should have said bake it too
  • kpederslie
    kpederslie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to be eating Tilapia for the next month trying out all these recipes. Thanks everyone for the great ideas. Been getting really tired of my staples and need to change it up before I go diving for something not okay.

Yummy!!
  • 115perfection
    115perfection Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Steam in chicken broth.
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump I need some ideas too!
  • amandataylor0819
    Options
    mariante your thawed filets in fat free italian dressing or cesar/italian dressing (i like this one better) for at least 30 minutes, the longer they marinate the more flavorful they become...dredge filets in italian bread crumbs...broil for 10 minutes on each side....when done, top with a piece of low fat swiss cheese and put back under broiler for a minute or two...

I ate this every night last week....shamelessly addicted! :-)
  • brogers916
    brogers916 Posts: 58
    Options
    bump
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    my favorite for seafood is this seasoning, the seafood run http://www.cookscorner.net/SpecialtyFood/dean-jacobs-rubs.html I use it on anything white, like tilapia, so good on scallops, orange roughy, barrimundi. I usually pan fry with a little brommel and brown or broil in a toaster oven @ 450. Another thing I like to do is chop a handful of zucchini, yellow squash, onions, broccoli and mushrooms, simmer in butter till halfway done, then add a few frozen tilapia fillets, add a 1/4 - 1/2 cup bone daddy's margherita mix (sounds weird but really good) and cover, simmer till fish flakes apart.
  • TheGreenfaerie
    Options
    Defrost fish overnight for next day's dinner.

Old bay seasoning,
    Lemon pepper seasoning
    A tiny pat of butter on top
    Bake in oven (use Pam on the pan) at 350F for about 15 minutes
    Eat.

Tilapia is a pretty mild fish, so it basically tastes like what you cook it with.
  • spigenerb
    spigenerb Posts: 29
    Options
    Dip it in lemon juice, sprinkle youre favorite seasoning on it I like "kickin chicken" or 'tony chacharies". I put a little oil in the pan and bake them at 400 for about 15 minutes.

Its so easy you can cook 5-6 lbs all at once. You just need more than one pan. Put in the refrigerator and you have about 3 days worth of food ready.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I coat with cooking spray and season with lemon pepper then bake.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Bake it with capers, rosemary, & pepper