Asparagus

Options

Replies

• kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    pull out a sheet of tin foil, lay down some EVOO, lay down the asparagus (after cutting off the ends), add generous amounts of dill and Mrs. Dash's original, add some minced garlic if you like. close the tin foil (i.e., you will need a big piece) and put it on the grill. YUMILICIOUS......I cook it until it melts in my mouth and the taste is AMAZING :)

sometimes I also add mushrooms or bean sprouts to the grill pack....but that's just a personal thing.

Thanks for the tip!!
  • dawngrasso
    dawngrasso Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i buy the trader joes frozen asparagus - heat a pan - put crushed garlic (NO OIL) in pan put frozen aspargus spears in pan and add 1/3 cup balsalmic vinegar - cover - takes 3-4 minutes - low fat, low calorie and delicious! not to mention quick & easy!
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I like hollandaise sauce on mine.

I was just thinking about a yummy creamy sauce too! Hollandaise or even a bernaisse.. just a drizzle.. adds a nice lemony buttery flavor! YUM! Looks like I am getting some fresh asparagus tonight! lol
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I drizzle it with olive oil and wrap it in turkey bacon, in sections of 3 spears. Yum! 1 piece of turkey bacon per 3 spears!

i do the same drizzlewith olive oil,sal,pepper and bake at 350 until i see it yummy its really good!
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bake it in the oven with salt and pepper then put reduced balsamic vinegar on top :) YUM.
  • miss_kisha
    miss_kisha Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you have the grill fired up for steaks already, why not just grill the asparagus too? Wrap them in bacon and grill them up. They will be the bomb. And your pee will smell different after too.

LOL! I found out that only people whose bodies produce this chemical that mixes with the asparagus can smell that weird smell. (from the book "Why do Men have Nipples - hundreds of questions you'd only ask a doctor after your third martini") Isn't the smell something kinda like chardonnay? LMBO :laugh: Also, asparagus is a natural Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Oxidant!

I love asparagus anyway, so olive oil, salt and pepper is all that is needed for me! Steam it and then put the oil & salt & pepper, or mix it all up and then roast in the oven
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I also love to make Shrimp and Asparagus Risotto
  • katatak1
    katatak1 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Not good for dinner, but one of my all time favorite things to do with left over asparagus is to chop it up and put it in my eggs in the morning. Super yummy with a touch of cheese!
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Not good for dinner, but one of my all time favorite things to do with left over asparagus is to chop it up and put it in my eggs in the morning. Super yummy with a touch of cheese!

Ooooo! This sounds good! But I know my husband.... no left overs lol
  • katatak1
    katatak1 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Ooooo! This sounds good! But I know my husband.... no left overs lol

Lol, well at least he eats his veggies! I used to have to force my ex to eat anything green.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SHDenver
    SHDenver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    For myself I'll usually take 5 or 6 spears, put some tinfoil down (lazy so I don't have to clean...), spray the foil with olive oil cooking spray (no calories), cut the bottom stems off.

My go-to seasoning is:
    No-Salt Sodium Free Salt Substitute (Good for potassium)
    Garlic Powder
    Onion Powder
    Black Pepper
    Cayenne Pepper

Bake for 15 minutes at 375.

Top all spears with a tablespoon of blue cheese for some xtra flavor and bake for a few more minutes to let it melt. I like my spears slightly crispy, so will put the broiler on for a few minutes.
  • nmerley
    nmerley Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    since your havin steak this one really doesnt help but for next time....I wrap several spears inside a tenderized chicken breast, season however and grill it or bake it. Its also good on a salad and in eggs. Be careful boilin it u dont wanna lose all the nutrients.
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I mix them with ither veggies in a bowl, put 1 teaspoon of oil and put that in the oven for 20 minutes, veggies that way taste the best!
  • try2basunbeam
    Options
    yes, aparagus in chicken...with some cheese like swiss or meunster or any cheese really...and some proscuitto. YUM! (super YUM when grilled over an open fire)
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Roast it in a little olive oil with sliced almonds and cherry tomatoes.

I would go with this idea!!!!
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    olive oil!!!!!you can bake it and it is wonderful or you can grill it!!!!
  • hudfamsix
    Options
    Bumping this with a new recipe I just found on All Recipes: Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter Sauce.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Asparagus-with-Balsamic-Butter-Sauce/Detail.aspx
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I wrap it in bacon, Or I make some alfredo sauce and top it with that. I <3 Asparagus!