Avocados are my guilty pleasure, what's yours?

Options

Replies

• perty09
    Options
    Avocados and peanut butter!

Both are calorie dense and high in fat but its the good fat & they are packed with vitamins & nutrients... I eat a whole (small) avacado with my breakfast daily and get teaspoons of peanut butter to eat with apples...heck if im hungy but dont want to have a full blown meal, ill just have a scoop of peanut butter to calm my hunger pains haha

AND it gets rid of any chocolate cravings I may have :)
    and im still losing weight consistently so im happy!
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Found a recipe I used years ago for rosemary roasted nuts...yummy and perfect for this type of weather. Trying to get some mufas in everyday. Avocado's are my guilty pleasure, what's yours?

Why do you feel guilty about avocados? I eat half an avocado everyday (well, at least every weekday). They are calorie dense, but they are super good for you. Just like almond butter - you just can't eat too much :)

Don't feel bad!

thats what i was going to say. Avocados are great for you. Just as long as you dont sit down and eat like 10 in a sitting = P I just ate one today with a little salt and pepper. i LOVE me some avocado.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    a true guilty pleasure would be like German Chocolate cake....mmmmm....
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    Mines the same.. avocados. I looove to cut them in half, take the seed out, then fill the hole with salsa. :)

THIS! :)))))

i know! i NEED to try this now.. i never have done the salsa thing! i usually just put a dash of salt on and i dont just eat half at a time. its the wholeee shebang for this ladyy

EDIT - but i dont feel guilty after an avacado..... i feel guilty after say a pint of ben and jerrys or something of that naturee
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I eat without guilt
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    cheese!!! i love all cheese!!!

well almost all cheese... i had a pretty nasty one the other day. ewwww.
  • kimmerkay
    Options
    Love avocados! And burritos, smothered in sauce..
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    pizza!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    How sad is it that I don't know that I have EVER even tried avacado:huh: ???? Cereal. All kinds of cereal from Basic 4 to Count Chocula:love: ! And of course most junk food...
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    ham slices - i always have lots and happily could just eat sliced ham - i'm odd!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hot Cocoa
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I completely don't understand food guilt. It's just food, and if you eat too much you aren't hurting anyone but yourself, so guilt is an entirely inappropriate emotion, that to me suggests you hold someone else responsible for your wellbeing and are feeling guilty about letting them down, which in itself is a dangerous mentality.

Anyway I eat plenty of foods I shouldn't - wine, crisps, chocolate (dark only), white bread, butter, cheese, but as long as I stay within my calorie limit, I couldn't care less.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Mines the same.. avocados. I looove to cut them in half, take the seed out, then fill the hole with salsa. :)

THIS! :)))))

i know! i NEED to try this now.. i never have done the salsa thing! i usually just put a dash of salt on and i dont just eat half at a time. its the wholeee shebang for this ladyy

oh yum, the salsa does sound good in it..I'll have to try it!
    EDIT - but i dont feel guilty after an avacado..... i feel guilty after say a pint of ben and jerrys or something of that naturee
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I eat without guilt

as normal, your post made me smile :)
  • myshell26
    Options
    Hot dogs and beer... not together.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Puerto Rican hookers and mountains of blow.
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I see I'm not alone with wine then.. plus .....nuts, any kind,...............I adore avocados too and eat them like my parents used to, filling the hole with lea and perrins worcester sauce and a sprinkling of salt and pepper ....bombay mix type snacks ..............chilli chocolate hmmmmm !

When they are "Occasional " treats they taste so much better
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    red wine
    beer
    vodka
    rum
    tequila
    gin
    and if all else fails I will drink white wine.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Puerto Rican hookers and mountains of blow.

This, only the hookers can be from anywhere.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Avocado salsa and tortilla chips....yum!