You're annoying.

Options

Replies

• sizzlinoverthefat
    sizzlinoverthefat Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    LOL, "eat the damn thing" now that was funny! :laugh: Seroiusly lighten up people, it's not about others, it;s about you and how you can improve yourself!
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So, if you're looking for heart felt comments on your updates and have a small friends list, then I'm all for you defriending folks (I've done that) and friend me. :) But if you just want to see how many comments you can get on an update, it might be a good opportunity to reevaluate your motives. Good luck! :)

I agree totally. I need, more often than I'd like, support. I need ideas to help me eat better. I need someone to yell at me everyonce in awhile. What I DON'T need though is a pat on the head everytime I meet my calorie goal. This isn't facebook to me. This is a place to talk about food and nutrition and exercise. A place to vent when you're starving or having a craving and you know that no one else will understand. If you're here for the sole purpose of making irrevelant relationships and *****...then this isn't the place for you in my opinion.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is why I have chosen to be unsuccessful. I prefer to annoy people with my personality, rather than with success.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    This is why I have chosen to be unsuccessful. I prefer to annoy people with my personality, rather than with success.

Amen. :drinker:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options

Me too. Also with the odd noises my body makes.
  • KaylaTie
    Options

Hahaha, I like you.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    ya know whats annoying? When people try to one up your success by telling you what they have accomplished right after you just got done telling them your success. Can I please enjoy my F#cking moment please??? Outside of MFP

Also, people who smoke.. they dont want to hear about how I'm coming up on a year of being smoke free. It took me 22 frikken years to quit! But they just dont want to hear it. I understand, it annoyed me when people would tell me they quit while i was sucking em down myself
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    ya know whats annoying? When people try to one up your success by telling you what they have accomplished right after you just got done telling them your success. Can I please enjoy my F#cking moment please??? Outside of MFP

Urg my cousin is like this. She will call me and ask me how I'm doing and if I lost 2lbs she's lost 12, If I've lost 6lbs she's lost 40. Yeah it's annoying. She actually told me she's lost 40lbs in one week. I must have stupid written on my forehead.
  • rhaya96
    rhaya96 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm not paying enough attention to the "friends" on this site...lol. There are core people that I communicate with because we 'click'. I'm sure there are people who haven't posted in a while but I hardly notice them. It would take more time for me to comb through my list and delete people than to just keep up with the people who keep up with me.

If no one ever made a comment I'd still keep pushing on...just my take on the topic.
  • knovello82
    knovello82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I deleted everyone on mfp because none of them would respond to anything anymore. I need supportive people!
  • aimstein
    Options
    I haven't had trouble on mfp with people being annoyed by my successes, but I have in real life. When people get annoyed, it has everything to do with them...and nothing to do with you. It's their problem...just be happy for yourself, stay close to the people who are truly happy for you, and always...keep moving forward!!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I use this site for tracking my calories, exercise and weight.
    I do not use it as a social networking site and have limited my 'friends" because all the 'support' does get annoying.
    Seriously -does "AWESOME" as a response to your workout or completed diary really support and motivate?
    Maybe its me. I have social network sites for social networking and fitness sites to track my fitness.

AWESOME
  • Andylee63
    Andylee63 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just want to add...
    Why shouldn't you be excited at losing weight...
    We have had to fight to get to where we are now, so why not shout about it...

If I annoy people with my achievements, then stuff them...
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You can shut them up by telling them "Being fat is hard just like exercising, you either pay it forward now and work out, or pay the hospital bill later and be lazy." hehe.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    You ever feel like you "annoy" others with your successes (annoy is probably the wrong word.) How long do you give people to return support on here before you remove them?

Totally... but even if I had no friends i'd still post! I'm doing it for me and I praise their successes and try to cheer them on too!
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am never annoyed by someone who posts that they are losing. The only ones that annoy me is the chronic complainers. And yes, I will delete them. We all have bad days and may post about it but it is the people that ONLY complain. But be proud of your success, if there are some that are annoyed by that then get rid of them. Just my opinion. :wink:
  • KaylaTie
    Options

Urg my cousin is like this. She will call me and ask me how I'm doing and if I lost 2lbs she's lost 12, If I've lost 6lbs she's lost 40. Yeah it's annoying. She actually told me she's lost 40lbs in one week. I must have stupid written on my forehead.

That is my biggest pet peeve...people lying to you like you're an idiot!
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    It's your friend list. Do what you want with it.

I generally don't care if they interact or not. It doesn't affect me.

^^ this
  • KaylaTie
    Options
    I haven't had trouble on mfp with people being annoyed by my successes, but I have in real life. When people get annoyed, it has everything to do with them...and nothing to do with you. It's their problem...just be happy for yourself, stay close to the people who are truly happy for you, and always...keep moving forward!!

Great way to think! I love it!
  • KaylaTie
    Options
    I use this site for tracking my calories, exercise and weight.
    I do not use it as a social networking site and have limited my 'friends" because all the 'support' does get annoying.
    Seriously -does "AWESOME" as a response to your workout or completed diary really support and motivate?
    Maybe its me. I have social network sites for social networking and fitness sites to track my fitness.

AWESOME

Hahahahahaha!