Pork Tenderloin

Options
duncanryan
duncanryan Posts: 122 Member
Just randomly bought a pork tenderloin from the grocery store the other day and wanted to slow cook it. Anyone have any good recipes? I googled some but wasn't really happy with any of them. Thanks!

Replies

• cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My favorite way is to slice it in half. Spread sundried tomato pesto inside, and then re-close it. Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar on the top, and put fresh rosemary on the top. Cook at 325 till at least 160 degrees inside. Makes me hungry just thinking of it!

That's not really slow-cooked-- were you referring to a crock pot? I like a good sear on mine, so I've never done it in a slow cooker. Good luck!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Other than slow roast with a glaze of some sort, sometimes I slice it into 'chops' and grill them. Not as juicy, but still tastey.
  • Bob_III
    Options
    I season with salt and pepper, top with a thick slice of onion, and then wrap two slices of bacon around it and secure with a toothpick on top. 350 until done. I do four at a time and it takes around an hour depending on thickness.
  • LisaWeir74
    LisaWeir74 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I had some leftover cranberry sauce (it was homemade but you could use the canned kind) and I mixed it with onion soup mix, then poured it over the tenderloin. I looked it on low all day long....super tender and my kids devoured it. Would be great to make a pulled pork type sandwich too.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Brown it in the broiler. Slice two onions. Place one onion on the bottom of the slow cooker, the other over the roast.

Now your choices are either bbq sauce, or lower sodium soy sauce. Sorry, I didn't measure. I judged by how it looks. Next time I'll measure though, as now I'm keeping track. :smile:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Easiest & Fave of mine:

Marinate in a ziploc the fridge during the day: 1/3c Soy, 1/3c Brown Sugar, 1/3c Bourbon (no need to measure really - just guess)

Dump the bag upside down in a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for roughly 30 minutes or until cooked.
  • rosepicasso
    Options
    Season it a lot, add oil to pan, cover it & stick it in the oven 325 for like 2 hours :) Delish! :D NOW STOP IT! LOL
  • juma4474
    juma4474 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The easiest thing I do with mine in the crock-pot, which happens to be cooking at home as I type is to season with pepper only after you have trimmed any exces fat from the tenderloin. And then cover with your favorite pork gravy, I use the low sodium jar of gravy when I am in a hurry, sometimes I will make homemade gravy from the drippins and store it in the freezer for next time. Cook on high for 5hours or low for 8hours. It will be fall apart tender when it is done, then you can re-thicken the gravy on the stove top for a gravy or simply serve it as an au-jus style juice with the pork.
  • cmbrysonussery
    cmbrysonussery Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Slice a trench down the middle and put a little butter and garlic then tie it back together with cooking twine then grill. Melt in your mouth delicious. Make sure to get it to 165 degrees.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Two ways:
    1. put it in crock pot with a little bit of chicken broth to keep it from sticking. Cook on low as long as you want. Half hour before you want to eat it, pull the pork with two forks and add BBQ sauce for tasty sandwiches.
    2. buy a bottle of Mojo from the grocery store in the ethnic section (has lots of sodium in it so maybe google for a homemade version) and slow cook on low for 10 hours. Serve with black beans and yellow rice.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Greatest Pork Recipe EVER!!!!!! Ancho Pork Medallions! Super Quick (less the 20 minutes till its on your plate) and Super Healthy!

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/ancho-pork-medallions-10000002001874/
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Cuban style pork & sweet potato stew is an amazing way to cook a pork tenderloin. We made it last Friday, and totally fell in love with it, wishing we had made more!

http://www.food.com/recipe/ww-cuban-style-pork-and-sweet-potato-slow-cooker-stew-394207
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Throw the tenderloin in a gallon ziploc bag in the morning (can even be frozen) and add some terryaki glaze a dash of liquid smoke and let it marinate all day. Come home - light the grill and grill it about 18-20 minutes or to your liking (I like mine medium rare). Make a salad and a steamed veg- perfection and easy!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    personally I just love to grill them.... season it with some lemon pepper and salt.... cut some small holes in it and push in garlic cloves... I set the charcoal to indirect heat and cook it until the internal temp hits 135.. then put direct on the the coals for a reverse sear.. getting that temp up to 145... then letting it rest before slicing.

Works really well on a cuban sandwich too... but for that i add cilantro to the rub
  • olivercooper
    Options
    I like to just season it with pepper and greek seasoning! Greek seasoning is really good and puts a nice zest on all kinds of meats.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    GADS these suggestions started my tummy growling again!!!!!!!
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce, a small bottle of root beer and a couple of minced garlic gloves. Slow cook for the day and then pull apart when you get home. Easy pulled pork sandwiches. You could also do this with about 4 or 5 chicken breasts, just as good! It sounds weird, but it tastes FANTASTIC!
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    I've made pork tacos with corn tortillas out of it. Use fried onions, peppers and salsa.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    place sliced apples on top of it, salt and pepper and a dash (OK large glug) of cider, wrap in foil and bake until done - nommm!!