Pork Tenderloin

Options
2»

Replies

• elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Easiest & Fave of mine:

Marinate in a ziploc the fridge during the day: 1/3c Soy, 1/3c Brown Sugar, 1/3c Bourbon (no need to measure really - just guess)

Dump the bag upside down in a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for roughly 30 minutes or until cooked.

This is really similar to what I do, except I add 10 cloves of sliced garlic and a tablespoon of cumin (and no bourbon). Marinate overnight or for 8 hours, whatever, then bake 30 minutes per pound. It is awesome, my son and I both love it!
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    I buy the whole loin at costco and cut the ends into roasts and the middle into chops. the roasts I do either as a traditional roast with carrots or as pulled pork. for both I start by putting it in the crock-pot with an onion, peppercorns and low sodium seasonings, add apple juice (it keeps it moist and adds some sweetness) cook on low for eight hours, It just falls apart and has a sweet yet spicy flavor. the chops I drizzle EVOO on and coat in my favorite spices and bake at 350 for about 25-30 depending on thickness.
  • deblc6836
    Options
    It's so tender, you don't have to slow-cook it. My favorite thing to do is cut it into medallions, marinate it for about 15-20 minutes in a mixture of : 2 TBSP olive oil, zest of 1 lemon, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 2 cloves chopped garlic. Then I just cook it on the stovetop in a non-stick pan until it is beautiful and browned on both sides and cooked through. Then I take the meat out of the pan and saute chopped red and yellow bell peppers until crisp-tender. Sooooo delicious, and dinner can be ready in half an hour, with half of that being marinating time. Definitely my favorite meat.
  • deblc6836
    Options
    It's so tender, you don't have to slow-cook it. My favorite thing to do is cut it into medallions, marinate it for about 15-20 minutes in a mixture of : 2 TBSP olive oil, zest of 1 lemon, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 2 cloves chopped garlic. Then I just cook it on the stovetop in a non-stick pan until it is beautiful and browned on both sides and cooked through. Then I take the meat out of the pan and saute chopped red and yellow bell peppers until crisp-tender. Sooooo delicious, and dinner can be ready in half an hour, with half of that being marinating time. Definitely my favorite meat.
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    CUP OF WATER AND FAV CAN OF SALSA :) GIVES IS A GOOD SPANISH FLAVOR....
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I season with salt and pepper, top with a thick slice of onion, and then wrap two slices of bacon around it and secure with a toothpick on top. 350 until done. I do four at a time and it takes around an hour depending on thickness.

this is the way i make it too in the over.

i cut the slab into 4 pieces, then top each slice with a onion slice, tomatoe slice, swiss cheese & wrap 2 slices of bacon lke a xmas present. mine take about 1.5 hour at 350. AND YUMMMMMMM - i just made 12 of these for a family xmas event & everyone wanted the recipe...

and to add to this- i am NOT a cook by any means!!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    My favorite way is to slice it in half. Spread sundried tomato pesto inside, and then re-close it. Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar on the top, and put fresh rosemary on the top. Cook at 325 till at least 160 degrees inside. Makes me hungry just thinking of it!

That's not really slow-cooked-- were you referring to a crock pot? I like a good sear on mine, so I've never done it in a slow cooker. Good luck!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    My favorite way is to slice it in half. Spread sundried tomato pesto inside, and then re-close it. Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar on the top, and put fresh rosemary on the top. Cook at 325 till at least 160 degrees inside. Makes me hungry just thinking of it!

That's not really slow-cooked-- were you referring to a crock pot? I like a good sear on mine, so I've never done it in a slow cooker. Good luck!

Sounds lovely I would wrap it in some italian cured ham after searing and adding the pesto. MMMMMMM x
  • smangani
    smangani Posts: 120
    Options
    I had some leftover cranberry sauce (it was homemade but you could use the canned kind) and I mixed it with onion soup mix, then poured it over the tenderloin. I looked it on low all day long....super tender and my kids devoured it. Would be great to make a pulled pork type sandwich too.

Oh My goodness that sounds so good!!
  • crisnis
    crisnis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I an onion fanatic! So I cook down a sweet onion (or two :wink: ) until they are nicely browned - just use pan spray (no cal) and over low heat for 20-30 minutes. Salt and pepper the tenderloin and sear it for nice color (not necessary but it looks better), the put it in a cake pan (whatever fits) and cover it with the onions. Cook on 350 till it reaches 160 - super good! You could even save some of the onions and cook some yellow squash slices as your side - they go great with the onion too!
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Options
    I had some leftover cranberry sauce (it was homemade but you could use the canned kind) and I mixed it with onion soup mix, then poured it over the tenderloin. I looked it on low all day long....super tender and my kids devoured it. Would be great to make a pulled pork type sandwich too.

Oh My goodness that sounds so good!!

The cranberry sauce + onion soup mix works great on chuck roast in the crock pot, too. Now that I've cut back on sugar in the last few months, I plan to cut the cranberry sauce down, though. It tasted really super sweet to me last time I made it.
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Options
    I season with salt and pepper, top with a thick slice of onion, and then wrap two slices of bacon around it and secure with a toothpick on top. 350 until done. I do four at a time and it takes around an hour depending on thickness.

i cut the slab into 4 pieces, then top each slice with a onion slice, tomatoe slice, swiss cheese & wrap 2 slices of bacon lke a xmas present. mine take about 1.5 hour at 350. AND YUMMMMMMM - i just made 12 of these for a family xmas event & everyone wanted the recipe...

That sounds fabulous -- I may have to do that for my own Christmas dinner this year. Approximately how thick do you cut the individual pieces?
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I just made one two nights ago. I found this one that is only about 204 calories per 3 oz. It was really yummy and we added some flour to the remaining juices to make a gravy.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Slow-Cooked-Pork-Loin
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options

I would say approx 1.5 to 1.75 inches- then the onion/tomatoe slice like a 1/2 inch each. its so easy & don't forget the toothpick- nice and indiviually wrapped and cute!
    That sounds fabulous -- I may have to do that for my own Christmas dinner this year. Approximately how thick do you cut the individual pieces?
  • miss_kisha
    miss_kisha Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This is called "Amazing Pork Tenderloin" from allrecipes.com. I thought it was pretty amazing - tasty, low cal, low fat & easy:

Ingredients
    1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
    1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
    1 cup water
    3/4 cup red wine
    3 tablespoons minced garlic
    3 tablespoons soy sauce
    freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions
    1.Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours. Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    This is called "Amazing Pork Tenderloin" from allrecipes.com. I thought it was pretty amazing - tasty, low cal, low fat & easy:

Ingredients
    1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
    1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
    1 cup water
    3/4 cup red wine
    3 tablespoons minced garlic
    3 tablespoons soy sauce
    freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions
    1.Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours. Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.

Oh wow that sounds amazing lol...I will have to try that one.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    cooking pork looking for great easy recipe for pork steak
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Well in my opinion, slow cooking is a total waste of a tenderloin! It's the pork equivalent of beef tenderloin and I'd NEVER crockpot that. I usually roast mine. I just open the package, make a paste of dijon mustard, loads of minced garlic and a teaspoon of olive oil. I smear that all over the top and sides of the tenderloin pieces, put in a baking pan and roast for about 30 minutes on 400. Tenderloin is just that, very very tender so you don't have to cook it for hours. It gets a crust after roasting and the "smear" gives it a great taste. I love pork tenderloin....