From 200lbs to 170lbs... halfway there! PICS!

Options
Hi everyone! Before joining MFP, I spent this summer working at losing weight and lost a total of 30lbs. I'm currently only halfway to my goal, and have hit a point where I'm really struggling. I wanted to post my "Then" and "Now" pictures in the hopes of inspiring myself to push hard and head towards the other half of my weight loss journey.

I started on June 1st, with a weight of 200lbs. (Highest I've ever been.) The other picture was taken September 1st, at 170lbs. (Been stuck at freaking 170 for months! Ugh!)

I was too shy to take my original "Before" photo without my exercise pants. I wish now that I'd been brave and done so. Also, I'm 5'8", in case anyone's wondering.

e7Ufn.png

Keep in mind - I'm a work in progress! :p

Replies

• ilovemyhorse
    Options
    You look great! Especially your arms
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Keep up the great WORK! I admire you for posting these pics, not many do. Gives others so much hope and determination!
  • normh545
    normh545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    its going good
  • cdnclovr
    cdnclovr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome! Sounds like you've smacked in to a plateau. You can try bouncing your daily cals or try a different exercise. You can do it!
  • stephaniev07
    stephaniev07 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work. I can't wait to be 200 lbs, and then less obviously but for me that is a big number I can't wait to see. I haven't been 200 lbs in 10 years. :) Good luck.
  • moonhowler15
    moonhowler15 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    amazing success so far! keep up the good work! You are looking amazing!!!
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference! You have done a great job!
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    you look great!! What types of exercise did you do?
  • jhawk311
    jhawk311 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You're doing a great job...I just started my weight loss journey and I'm sure there are going to be times when nothing seems to be working on losing weight, but I think we just have to keep fighting thru it and eventually it will all work out!
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great improvement, keep it up!
  • bevans84
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • ahersh00
    Options
    Wow, you look great!!! Congratulations!!
  • tatman14
    Options
    hi there you look so great befor and you look even better now keep it up you can do it i am helping my girlfriend to lose weight now. i workout 4 times a week now and i just started not to long ago waching what i eat and all that good stuff i am not that big i am 159 pounds i always had a hard time puting on weight untill i moved in with my aunt in ga and now i want to get to aropund 165 or 170 and thats all i left weigfhts alot so i am in good shape ok keep up the good work you can do anything you put you mind and heart to. hope to hear back from you and good bless you.
  • kissoffools
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone! Your comments are so encouraging. :D

As for exercise, I try to combine cardio and strength training every time I'm at the gym. And the gym I go to has an AMAZING aerobics class - 45 minutes and you're completely exhausted by the end. Before I started all of this I wasn't active at all, so getting used to doing this kind of stuff was a huge struggle for me. But now it's pretty incredible to compare my stamina now with what it was back then.

Best of luck to those who are just starting out their own weight loss programs! It is such a tough game, but I promise you, the feeling of success is one of the best highs EVER.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. Try switching your workout routine to shock your body and look at what you're eating...not just calories but sodium, sugar, etc. You can do it!
  • tatman14
    Options
    what is your screen name on here so that i can add you as my friend on here you can email me at jasonrogich83@yahoo.com hope to hear back from you.
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    congrats , you look great, continu this way!
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You look great! So inspiring, thanks for sharing!! :)
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! :) Congrats, and good luck on the rest of your journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!