BL Blue Team WEEK 8

Options

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I was planning on working out this morning however again didn't get around to it. I got somewhere FINALLY with social security disabilty however :happy: I will workout after I watch the biggest loser. My husband has found a 16week workout plan that is more "manly" for him so he is excited for that. Of course his wonderful wife found it for him. :tongue: Maybe we can get a little compition going. :tongue:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    j_g - goodluck with the competition! let us know how it goes!!!

rach - goodluck with your new classes!!

shar - LOL, join the club!! it's *so* frustrating when MFP is doing crazy things and you can't log your food! Boo.

I'm watching the BL right now. :drinker: Then... I'm gonna work out.
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Okay. So, I lied. I didn't workout. :grumble: I was just "too tired" - bah, I hate that excuse!! I had a four-hour orientation that morning, a huge project waiting on me back at work, my mind was overwhelmed with the redecoration of our old roommates' room and then I went to Wal-Mart to check prices of flat-screen TVs and.......... :noway: I can't believe I'm seriously considering dropping $600 for a 32" and a swivvel mount. :noway:

So, the roommate's old room was going to be made into our "gym." My boyfriend has some Gold's Gym equipment he was going to put in there - and take out of our bedroom - that would take up virtually the whole room. Then... I found out a friend of mine is moving and was taking her exercise bike to the Goodwill, so I'm going to rescue it and bring it home with me. I also got a Pilates 4500 machine off of Craigslist for $90 (retail $250+ .. and, man, is it H-A-R-D to do!!!!). I have a step, some free weights, a resistance band and an exercise ball (somewhere! Gotta find it!). So, I talked to my boyfriend and we decided that I could take the room and make it my own little fitness room since I have nowhere to put my equipment. Our bedroom is big, so I'm okay with his gym stuff staying there.

Well... I was SO excited!! Yay!! I went out and bought some smell-good stuff for the room, a pretty flower arrangement and a vase, a dry-erase board, a calendar, two little mirrors to put on the wall, two plastic corner tables, a micro-mini fridge (from a co-worker), a wicker trash can and a couple other things that didn't cost a whole lot. NOW, I'm looking at my big purchases - a TV, a chair and an ottoman. I'm trying to make this space not only my workout room, but my zen space when I want to chill, too. I'm looking for a mushroom chair, but I can't find one! :grumble: I've tried Craigslist, Freecycle, Wal-Mart, Goodwill, Big Lots (yeah, I'm trying to go cheap)... I guess I'll have to try Target, K-Mart, etc. Then comes the TV. :ohwell: I have some money saved up... and I just got my taxes back... and there is a $498, 32" Sanyo LCD HDTV calling my name at Wal-Mart. The mounting kit itself is $99!!!!!! :noway:

I don't normally spend a lot of money on myself, so I feel like I'm going overboard with this room... and it really got me down and depressed last night. :cry: I guess that's silly... I mean, I was excited about it all night, but when I got home, I just felt so........... sad. I actually had to leave and come stay at my mom's house just to clear my head!!!! :frown: I dunno what to do. I guess I just have spending anxiety or something........... :sick: Help! :frown:
  • dawn717
    dawn717 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Okay. So, I lied. I didn't workout. :grumble: I was just "too tired" - bah, I hate that excuse!! I had a four-hour orientation that morning, a huge project waiting on me back at work, my mind was overwhelmed with the redecoration of our old roommates' room and then I went to Wal-Mart to check prices of flat-screen TVs and.......... :noway: I can't believe I'm seriously considering dropping $600 for a 32" and a swivvel mount. :noway:

So, the roommate's old room was going to be made into our "gym." My boyfriend has some Gold's Gym equipment he was going to put in there - and take out of our bedroom - that would take up virtually the whole room. Then... I found out a friend of mine is moving and was taking her exercise bike to the Goodwill, so I'm going to rescue it and bring it home with me. I also got a Pilates 4500 machine off of Craigslist for $90 (retail $250+ .. and, man, is it H-A-R-D to do!!!!). I have a step, some free weights, a resistance band and an exercise ball (somewhere! Gotta find it!). So, I talked to my boyfriend and we decided that I could take the room and make it my own little fitness room since I have nowhere to put my equipment. Our bedroom is big, so I'm okay with his gym stuff staying there.

Well... I was SO excited!! Yay!! I went out and bought some smell-good stuff for the room, a pretty flower arrangement and a vase, a dry-erase board, a calendar, two little mirrors to put on the wall, two plastic corner tables, a micro-mini fridge (from a co-worker), a wicker trash can and a couple other things that didn't cost a whole lot. NOW, I'm looking at my big purchases - a TV, a chair and an ottoman. I'm trying to make this space not only my workout room, but my zen space when I want to chill, too. I'm looking for a mushroom chair, but I can't find one! :grumble: I've tried Craigslist, Freecycle, Wal-Mart, Goodwill, Big Lots (yeah, I'm trying to go cheap)... I guess I'll have to try Target, K-Mart, etc. Then comes the TV. :ohwell: I have some money saved up... and I just got my taxes back... and there is a $498, 32" Sanyo LCD HDTV calling my name at Wal-Mart. The mounting kit itself is $99!!!!!! :noway:

I don't normally spend a lot of money on myself, so I feel like I'm going overboard with this room... and it really got me down and depressed last night. :cry: I guess that's silly... I mean, I was excited about it all night, but when I got home, I just felt so........... sad. I actually had to leave and come stay at my mom's house just to clear my head!!!! :frown: I dunno what to do. I guess I just have spending anxiety or something........... :sick: Help! :frown:

Don't be so hard on yourself. You are worth it!! You have to look at it this way: you are investing in your health and your future. Also, you should see what I pay in gym fees and they just went up again. Soo in the long run you are saving yourself lots of money!! I say go for it because if you don't make your excercise space/room inviting you won't be motivated to go in there and use it. Congrats on all the bargains you found.:drinker:
  • dawn717
    Options
    Checking in for week 8.
    I stayed the same and I'm really mad about it:mad:
    I worked out every single day. Even Saturday and Sunday which I haven't done in a while (yes I'll admit it.:embarassed: )
    According to mfp I was in my calorie limit. I guess next week I can't use the calories gained from excercise. My mistake, Is that what other people do? Not use the excercise calories?
    Oh well, :ohwell: I plan to do better!!!!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA also. I have been busy lately. I had a huge cub scout banquet on Saturday and it took alot of my time planning it. Im glad that is over with for this year at least. I was looking forward to going back to the gym on Monday. I hadnt gone in a week and half because my daughter had the flu and wouldnt you know she gets something else. I had to take her back to the dr on Monday because of an eye infection. She will have drops until Friday although I dont think its contagious anymore. They arent gunking up anymore. She looks so much better although I may just forgo this week just to make sure. I am going camping this weekend with one of my boys with the Webelos (cubscouts). I am sure that I will freeze my butt of at night. It should be warmer than this past weekend at least. I hope everyone had a good weigh in. I didnt change at all but its better than gaining.

Connie
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi team

I'm still recovering from all my stuff that hit me last week, i can't work out even few steps make me sweat and get out of breath ( lungs still not recovered ) .. Still on a lot of medications..e tc.
    But i did have a weight loss this week. of 3.4 lbs.. it colud be dehidration etc.. but that's what the scale shows..

As soon as I recover i will be completely back .. but i'm not " gone " ..

and to add to all my stuff- i lost my job.. if i don't find another one soon, i will be loosing my home :brokenheart: .. so i'm doing everything i can to find another job asap..
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hello Blue Team!!

L - I hear ya girl!! I have a hard time spending money too!! Let me loose in a $ store & I'll spend $20 no problem on junk, but I have a real hard time with big $$ purchases!! I just bought a Wii & Wii fit balance board & I actually got sick to my stomach! I really thought that I might puke right there in the store! But, I had to talk think about it & say, it's an investment on me & my family! You deserve your own little "zen" place! It really does sound wonderful!! I say go for it & enjoy!

dawn - I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the results that you wanted this week. But, it does sound like you are doing all the right things! It'll catch up!! I hate that sometimes the very next day after my weigh in I have a big drop! The very one I've been looking for!! Hang in there!! It'll come!!

connie - Does it ever end for you girl!! Your poor little one has had one issue after another!! I hope that she's feeling better!! Poor baby!!

borac - So sorry to hear that you're not feeling great! I wish you a speedy recovery & lots of luck in finding a job.

HANG IN THERE PEOPLE!! :drinker:
  • dawn717
    Options
    Hi team

I'm still recovering from all my stuff that hit me last week, i can't work out even few steps make me sweat and get out of breath ( lungs still not recovered ) .. Still on a lot of medications..e tc.
    But i did have a weight loss this week. of 3.4 lbs.. it colud be dehidration etc.. but that's what the scale shows..

As soon as I recover i will be completely back .. but i'm not " gone " ..

and to add to all my stuff- i lost my job.. if i don't find another one soon, i will be loosing my home :brokenheart: .. so i'm doing everything i can to find another job asap..

I am glad to hear you are starting to feel better. I am so sorry to hear about your job loss. I will be praying for you. (hope that's ok)
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone has had there challenges this week....mine was doing taxes and realizing we owe A LOT! We had hoped 5,000 but we were wrong! OH WELL! Life is good - I have a wonderful husband and kids, the support from all of you and I am healthy - I wouldn't trade my life for anything....now that's not saying I wouldn't take donations of $7,000 to pay my taxes.......:tongue:

I was really upset yesterday when I found out but rather than wallow in my self pity - I went and did a kick butt work out (the one on the hardcore post) then added an extra 10 minutes on treadmill and 5 min on elliptical. I forgot that I had already done these rotating crunches during the day and my abs are sore. The treadmill with NO power is absolutely brutal! I came out of it wiped with a sense of nothing but pride in myself that I chose to work hard even though it hurt, I couldn't breath and wouldn't I loved to have sat there with a big bag of chips and ranch dip! It's all about our choices - I chose to have a great day today - how 'bout you my fellow blues
  • Leigh14
    Options
    *bump* for a later reply.

There's this thing called "work" that I'm expected to do while in this place they call an office.... :wink: :laugh:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Well last night I went out of town and visited my dad, my sisters, and my brother-in-laws. We ordered pizza but lucky enough for me, my dad got thin crust and I only had 2 pieces and felt satisfied. It was gooood though. I definitely haven't been eating 'healthy' lately but I've really been watching my portions and my brain is starting to understand that just because something tastes good doesn't mean I need to stuff myself with it. It only takes a couple bites to enjoy something yummy.

Still trying to get back to my workouts, but I've just been so tired. I'm on here right now just trying to keep myself from dozing off at work. I didn't get out of my dad's til midnight last night because my sister had me blocked in the driveway and even though I would mention I had to leave and her car was in the way, the conversation kept going and another 30min would go by, again and again. Ugh. So then I had a 40min drive home and still had to get a shower and stuff. Needless to say I'm dead tired and just wanna go to bed when I get home.

My new classes start today too. Payroll Accounting and Macroeconomics. Yaaay.... :yawn: . Hahaha. I'm not looking forward to it of course, but I vow to work on my procrastination this term. There's no need to push everything til last minute like I always do.

Anyway, enough whining on my part. I'm gonna try to eat clean today, and start my assignments for the week. I may workout tonight, depending on how I'm feeling when I get home. :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I sent out my lunchtime reminders for weigh-ins! And since we've steadily been losing people each week, I went through and messaged everyone that has been on our team. I told them that we miss them and if they want to join back in they just need to give me they're current weight and they'll be right back on my roster! I also gave them the link to this thread so they can chat with us. I hope some of them decide to come back. The more the merrier! :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Thanks for that Rach - I hate to see people go. We're all here to help each other on good and bad days.

MIA BLUES - come back we miss you!
  • dawn717
    Options
    I sent out my lunchtime reminders for weigh-ins! And since we've steadily been losing people each week, I went through and messaged everyone that has been on our team. I told them that we miss them and if they want to join back in they just need to give me they're current weight and they'll be right back on my roster! I also gave them the link to this thread so they can chat with us. I hope some of them decide to come back. The more the merrier! :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Rach, you're the best!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    sanifrey - I'm happy to say that since we made those challenges for ourselves in Week 7, I've only had one small glass of chocolate milk! Yay!!! :laugh: And congrats on buying that WII. I've been thinking about it (more for the games than the fitness ones :tongue:) but I have other priorites right now, like getting a washer and dryer.

j_g4ever - You really motivate me! It seems that no matter what obstacles are thrown at you, you're still determined to get your workouts in and even hit your goals for extra minutes! You go!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

lcorrell - You totally deserve a nice TV for your room, but I understand the not wanting to spend the money thing. I couldn't see spending the $50 for my puzzle piece mat, but since I did I enjoy my workouts more. It really helped give that room some definition and purpose, so when I go in there I'm in a workout 'mode'. :laugh:

borac - I wish you the best with your situation. I'm finding that I lot of the people I know, who have lost their jobs, are saying it's the best thing that's happened to them. After dealing with the stress of finding another job, they say that they found jobs that really make them happy and they LOVE going to. I hope it works out that way for you. Do something you love! :flowerforyou:

chrissyh - Good luck with the taxes! Yuck! :sick: Congrats on the treadmill work though! You're a maniac! :noway: :laugh: :flowerforyou:

connieq - Sounds like things are stressful, but you'll get through it! :flowerforyou:

dawn717 - Give your body time to work itself out. All this effort your putting in will pay off in the end! :flowerforyou:

hotmomov4 - You're awesome! :smooched: :laugh:

shar140 - Great job getting outside for a walk! I want it to warm up a bit here so I can walk the river! It's the best!
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm BACK...Sorry I was out like two weeks...Its just I had some major personal and family issues but I'm back and better than ever..I'm working out everyday no excuses and drinking water...I'm actually proud of myself this week...

So how is everyone doing?!?!?
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I posted progress pictures on my profile - check it out!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    I posted progress pictures on my profile - check it out!

WOW!! You look AWESOME!! Great job!! :drinker:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm BACK...Sorry I was out like two weeks...Its just I had some major personal and family issues but I'm back and better than ever..I'm working out everyday no excuses and drinking water...I'm actually proud of myself this week...

So how is everyone doing?!?!?

Welcome back!! Enjoy that proud feeling & build on it!! You can do this!! You deserve it!! :drinker: