Best Home Exercise Program??? I need suggestions!

Options
124»

Replies

• clarehodgson14
    Options
    Thanks fitnessbender just added you to my favourites exercise folder on the laptop. :happy:
  • melcap
    melcap Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love turbo jam or hip hop abs...

they are both great energetic programs!!!
  • hparks76
    Options
    [/quote]

I do Zumba and it is so fun! I sweat like never before in my life (and I have been doing latin dances for years) and I burn approximately 500 cals in 50 minutes which is GREAT! I just need something that will include weight training but will not be as extreme as insanity is. I want to get fit not injured! :)
    [/quote]
  • hparks76
    Options
    Okay, I obviously need a little practice with the quote function! (haha) But....

Jillian Michaels uses light weights (3 lbs) in her videos. I tell you what...that woman is the devil! (hehe) I've seen some of the body rock videos and they look pretty good. I haven't done them, though. But supposedly the only workouts she does are the ones she posts, and she looks amazing so it must work.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I love turbo jam or hip hop abs...

they are both great energetic programs!!!

I did start turbo jam yesterday and seems really interesting!
  • adlwilmot
    Options
    Bumping because at the moment I'm only doing 30 DS and a bit of Zumba on the Wii, but really want to find a home exercise DVD to do some weights to and target my problem areas. I build muscle incredibly quickly so feel I should be doing more weights to benefit from this. I'm easily bored though, so it has to be something fun, achievable and with results.
  • may2490
    may2490 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I haven't done P90x or Insanity. I'd love to try P90x but, like you, I'm absolutely terrified of Insanity! I've been doing Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones and also her 30-Day Shred. She will definitely kick your butt! The results seem to take forever, but they do happen. Has anyone done the Zumba fitness videos? It looks fun but I don't know anyone who's actually done it.

I have had good luck with the Zumba. It didn't seem like anything was changing with my body, but after a few weeks, I measured and weighed myself, and was happily surprised. I would recommend doing Zumba alongside another more intense strength training program.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Insanity and P90X are both great. I've done both and am currently doing a hybrid that incorporates the spin classes I like so much. Insanity is intense, but if you're careful, it's fine. The theory really is do what you can, stop when you need to, rejoin when ready. Each time you do the dvds you get a little stronger. I also found that my shoulders, arms and abs got really toned doing Insanity as a result of the various moves. There are a lot of pushups in Insanity. While it is far more cardio than P90X, I don't entirely agree that there is no resistance. Also, I really like how Shaun T does the stretching 10 minutes into the exercises. I found that I actually got far more flexible. Good luck to you.