Greek yogurt

Options

Replies

• vdavis_89
    Options
    Try Oiko's Fruit on the bottom brand... it's good, taste like regular yogurt has 11-14g of protein, 120-140 calories and around 18-20 carbs

Just had this yesterday for the first time and LOVED it!!!
  • GeeksGirl2808
    Options
    I usually use it to make smoothies in the morning if I'm rushed for breakfast. Add any fruit or powder you want. Adding milk or juice can thin it out if it's too thick for your tastes
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Try Oiko's Fruit on the bottom brand... it's good, taste like regular yogurt has 11-14g of protein, 120-140 calories and around 18-20 carbs

This! It has some sugar in it but it's REALLY good. I'm not a yogurt fan either but I'll eat this any time.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    they have flavored greek yogurt?? the keylime flavor by dannon oikos is delish! and if you want crunch - add granola, or I like to add plain dry oatmeal to it..... vanilla is delish.... PLAIN to me is only good for cooking and/or smoothies.
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    I use the plain in place of sour cream, other then that, I'm with you, I don't like it, lol.
  • tunktunk5583
    tunktunk5583 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Greek Yogurt!!!!!
    Though I find Icelandic Yogurt too thick for my liking...
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I don't much like it either.
    I just choke it down like I do canned tuna, then drink some green tea to keep from puking.

Why go through that?
    Simple: it's just so healthy that I need what it has even though I think it's loathsome as hell.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I always buy plain, non-fat Greek. I have to use a packet of Truvia to be able to eat it. The honey doesn't work well for me because I would have to use a lot to make it sweet enough for my taste. Banana works well because you can stir it up and make it gooey. Add your favorite fruit / berries to find a combo that you like. You can puree the fruit and make it more syrupy like the flavored yogurts. For crunch, you can add nuts! I love crushed almonds in mine. And yes, it's great as a sub for sour cream or making dips with!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i absolutely LOVE Fage 2% plain greek yogurt. i think it's the best. i don't go for fat-free at all. try it... maybe put some cereal or nuts and/or dried or frozen fruit in it. i also sometimes put a few drops of stevia liquid for sweetness (and no cals).

enjoy!
  • sassy1750lady
    Options
    I add it into a protein shake. Here's how I like to make mine:

1 cup of skim milk (90 calories, 8 grams of protein)

1 scoop vanilla protein (110 calories, 20 grams of protein)

1 plain greek yogurt (80 calories, 15 grams of protein)

3 frozen strawberries (35 calories)

It tastes great and is really filling! :)
  • Kasya007
    Kasya007 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    A simple Tbsp of no sugar added &/or double fruit jam stirred in for about 20-30 calories works. Then toss a few fresh berries on top & you'd swear you were eating dessert. :)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I add fruit and nuts to it. I also use it as a replacement for sour cream.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is Chobani vanilla. I stir in a handful of blueberries, cut strawberries, raspberries, cut pears, or whatever is in season (or cheap at the grocery store). Yum!
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks guys! You are awesome! I'm going to buy some this week and try a couple different things to see what I like.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    i guess it depends what kind you get. some brands suck to be honest. i don't like chobani, i don't like stonyfield even though they are organic, at least stonyfield that is. i LOVE Dannon Greek Vanilla yogurt (with dark chocolate blue diamond almonds), best stuff ever. and if you like granola, go ahead and add it :)
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    Options
    BAKING, yes a medium blop in any baking makes it moister and of course "healthier". I use in in place of sour cream for everything, even stroganoff. I love it for veggie dips too. Of course smoothies, or just fruit and GY, or in my cereal instead of milk, or GY and milk..

Like everything, you have to read their labels if you care about sodium, sugar, proteins.. Fage plain is my choice.
  • PeggyCN
    PeggyCN Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff...I sweeten a 1cup serving w 2 tsp spoonable Stevia, along with some apple pie spice. Sometimes I make shakes with it to freeze and have later. I like to make a simple dip with it for cucumber sticks or peppers or whatever.

I have read that if you get high quality Greek yogurt, not only 'made with live cultures', but 'contains live cultures'...that the live cultures actually consume some of the lactose in it while it's in the tub, so that by the time you eat it, there are less lactose carbohydrates in the yogurt. That is interesting.

I have added it to my cooked quinoa to add protein and creaminess. I eat very clean, and I consider it definitely a very high qualtiy protein with 23g per 1cup serving. That is phenomenal. I only buy the plain, unsweetened.

For crunch, add a few chopped nuts? I have a friend who LOVES granola in it.
  • nchaidez
    nchaidez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the ones with the fruit on the bottom? I loooove the Chobani peach flavored the best. I don't love regular yogurt so this is delicious to me....but it's a matter of personal taste. You could always find other protein sources that work for you :) Good luck!
  • Crystalmac82
    Crystalmac82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Orange Blossom Honey !! Yumm-o!
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I love, love, LOVE Voskos Greek yogurt with granola on the side. It is sour by itself, but the granola gives it a little bit of sweet. (And I am SOOOOOOOOO not a regular yogurt fan) It comes together and is only 140 cal and 0% milk fat. :)