Ground turkey recipes needed

Options
124»

Replies

• wthrs4
    wthrs4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I make a ground turkey meatloaf. My husband loves meatloaf, but I prefer this healthier version used with turkey.
    I also like this because it is an easy stand-by and you can put whatever side with it you choose or have on hand. I tricked my husband once and he couldn't tell and liked that I was making an old classic a little more healthy. :happy:

1 lb of ground turkey
    1 medium onion finely chopped (can sub with powder version)
    1 garlic clove minced (can sub with powder version)
    1/2-1 cup of BBQ Sauce (We love Montgomery Inn) or Ketchup
    1 egg
    1 cup of breadcrumbs
    Salt and pepper to taste

Combine ingredients in a bowl with hands. Put your loaf in an 8x8 pan or loaf pan and top with a wee-bit more of your sauce of choice. You can (+/-) your breadcrumbs and sauce so that you get the right consistency of your loaf. Bake in oven at 350 for an hour. I think that is the right temp and time. :ohwell:

I just made this turkey meatloaf and it was wonderful. I used the powder version of onion and I didn't have a clove, but WOW it was a nice spin on the traditional meatloaf. Thanks so much for sharing!!
  • AnaVerasGettingFit
    AnaVerasGettingFit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tiktacsr
    Options
    Bump
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Last week I tried the skinny taste recipe for stuffed peppers. It was soooo yummy. Can't wait to make it again. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/turkey-stuffed-peppers-45-pts.html