What to eat when I get my tongue pierced?

Options
13»

Replies

• xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Honestly I tried to tough it out and eat what I felt like... but softer foods are better and less painful--- carry mouthwash with you tho and use after you eat. Salisbury steam and mashed potatoes were my go to, PB sandwiches, really anything you can eat with minimal chewing the few week.. AND you WILL bite the ball at first, a lot, and it will hurt.. but after a few weeks to a month you will have learned to eat around it.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I just had my tongur pierced this afternoon, and the woman ay the studio who pierced it said to eat soft foods like icecream, but never said to stay away from other dairy, so of course I just had yogurt. What can I do to prevent a yeast infection???

Don't stress, unless that's all you're eating and you have bad oral hygiene it's unlikely. Brush your teeth, the parts of your tongue you can touch without crying, and mouthwash.
  • lavender_fairie
    lavender_fairie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I also have a permanent dent. And a chipped canine from chomping down accidentally years after i'd gotten the piercing.

As for the pain, it was over almost immediately after it was done. If it swelled I didn't notice but they said to stick to cold things. I enjoyed my tongue ring. Even tho I haven't had it in in many years, every now and then I poke something thru it to c if I still have the hole. If u keep it in for enough time, it's just like an ear piercing- it never really closes back up.