I hate eating

Options
2»

Replies

• aprilnicole1987
    Options
    Beef jurkey, the 98% fat free kind has alot of protein and not alot of fat. It is a good snack if ya dont eat the whole bag. Thats my problem because i love beef jerky! :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Beef jurkey, the 98% fat free kind has alot of protein and not alot of fat. It is a good snack if ya dont eat the whole bag. Thats my problem because i love beef jerky! :)

Oh man, I loooooove beef jerky. I try not to buy it too often because it's expensive and I eat the whole bag. :laugh: It is high in sodium though, which isn't a huge problem for most people, just make sure you're drinking enough water if you eat it regularly so you don't retain water weight.
  • sdailey4
    sdailey4 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    LOL yes see beef jurkey I could get my calories in with and then some :happy: I think another contribution to this weeks downfall was I was thinking about doing the south beach diet, and it cuts out even fruit...so I was trying to see if that was possible...and I guess it is if I only want to eat 900 calories :grumble:
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    what kind of snacks are you giving your kids? why not eat what you give them?

Fruit, yogurt, cereal, crackers, animal cookies... by the time I get both of them what each one wants the other is wanting to get down and and then I have a mess to clean up so then I forget that I didn't eat a snack with them, or I take the time that they are stuck at the table to have a breather away from them :/
    they are old enough to learn a little patience. it is better for them if you all sit down together to eat together. studies have shown that kids that eat with their parents are healthier and have less weight issues. we try to eat together as a family at least 5 times a wk.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Boy, those are rough ages for kids. I have a 2 and 1/2 year old, and a 4 year old, both girls. I agree with the PP that your life will be much easier if you start streamlining snack with set snack times for both of them. My girls get snack after nap/quiet time, but they have to wait until everything is prepared before I give them out. I don't usually snack with them, instead I aim for my snack to occur during the last twenty minutes of their quiet time, so I don't have to juggle kids and myself lol.
    Best of luck!!!
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    HEY I KNOW ITS HARD BUT DONT USE YOUR KIDS AS AN EXCUSE, IF YOU WANT THEM TO RESPECT YOU THEN SHOW THEM HOW YOU RESPECT YOURSELF...IF YOU WANT THEM TO EAT HEALTHY THEN SHOW THEM HOW YOU EAT HEALTHY, IF YOU WANT THEM TO EXERCISE THEN SHOW THEM HOW. KIDS ARE A REALLY GOOD EXCUSE BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY THATS ALL THEY ARE...AN EXCUSE. YOU HAVE TO EAT SO EAT WITH THEM OR MAKE THEM WAIT WHILE YOU ARE EATING. YOU NEED TO BE A HEALTHY MUM TO BE A GOOD MUM FOR A LONG TIME TO COME......AND AS A BONUS WHEN YOU GET OVER THIS HUMP (WHICH YOU WILL) YOU WILL REALISE THAT IN LOOKING AFTER YOURSELF THAT YOU CAN BE A BETTER HEALTHIER MORE ENERGETIC MUM. :)
  • Moeincognito
    Options
    I don't know if they were recommended already but I really like grabbing a mandarin to eat when i'm busy, idk, peel it and leave the segments in a bowl or something, you can nibble on them as you're pottering about! :3
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    Hate and eating should not be in the same sentence together girl! If you hate eating try making a fruit smoothie, which would give you around 400-500 cals depending on the size of it and what you put in it. Also, you can try drinking other high calories beverages and stuff, like whole milk instead of fat free or somethingg
  • carmencar11
    Options
    Start making green smoothies. they are so easy to make and if made with raw veggies are full of nutrients.

2 cups of greens (kale, spinach, chard, parsely etc)
    1 banana
    1 apple
    1 pear
    1/2 tsp of lemon juics
    2 cups of water

Blend until smooth.

Soooo good and so healthy for you :0)