Bare Minerals?

Options
mikajoanow
mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
Yay or Nay? I've been thinking about buying some, any opinions??

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    It's all I use. It's not cheap but it's worth it.
  • cj2lose
    cj2lose Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It's all I use too. I have oily skin and liquid makeup just melts off.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I used it for years and loved it. Much better than the cheapy stuff I used before I found it. But then I started getting tired of the expense and thus experimented with drugstore versions of mineral makeup, and found options in a few different brands that I liked just as well. Covergirl mineral foundation, Loreal mineral concealer, and Maybelline mineral finishing powder. My motivation was that I'm a couponer and I was able to find deals that allowed me to try these products for free, and I liked them so now I still buy them. ;-)
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I love it! The knock-offs do NOT compare.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    It's all I use. It's not cheap but it's worth it.

Same! It's not cheap, but the foundation lasts me well over a month. So it's not that bad!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Love it! Very few skin issues even when I use it every day. The only complaint I have is with the powdered eye liner/shadows. They are so fine they "drift" to your cheeks when you apply them and then you have to wash and re apply any makeup you already had put on.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I love it! The knock-offs do NOT compare.

Okay, that is good to know because a few years ago i did try a different mineral makeup and thought it sucked lol
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love it, but sign up for QVC's newsletter from BE when it's going to be on, they have autoshop specials now and then that are just too good to pass up.
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    I've used it a couple of times, and it works really well, especially for my sensitive skin. It makes your skin look naturally clear and luminous. :)
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm a cheap-*kitten* so I don't buy it.

But on the occasions where I have used my sister's..... amazing. I have bad skin, but you wouldn't know it when I used this stuff!
  • Crystal817
    Options
    I think buying the starter kit is a good way to go.

At the time I paid about $65 for it and it included all of the brushes (which on their own can be $25 each).

Depending on how much coverage you need, I definitely recommend getting the concealer and the kabuki brush.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Yep, I love it. I will say that while I do like E.L.F.'s mineral makeup as far as their blush and shimmer powder and setting powder, the foundation just is not nearly as good. So moral of the story: buy the other mineral stuff from E.L.F. because it's tons cheaper and has nicer color, but buy the foundation from Bare Minerals.
  • Crystal817
    Options
    buy the other mineral stuff from E.L.F. because it's tons cheaper and has nicer color, but buy the foundation from Bare Minerals.

I love E.L.F.!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I use the concealer, the foundation and the mascara (that's all I wear) and I really love them.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    YES YES YES .. It's all I wear, love love love it!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I thnk buying the starter kit is a good way to go.

At the time I paid about $65 for it and it included all of the brushes (which on their own can be $25 each).

The starter kit is a good value if you plan to use most of the items in it. But if you need single items, eBay or qvc sometimes have good deals.
  • Lcnimis
    Lcnimis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Bare Minerals! It helped my oily skin clear up. It is a bit pricey but I have been able to really make mine stretch since you don't really need a lot of it.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I used to use it, and really liked it, but i needed a bit more coverage for sun spots than what it provided, so I switched to Clinique and use a liquid again, with powder over the top.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    yes! freaking best make up I ever owned. It actually helped my skin, after like a year of use whatever acne I had completely went away, my skin improved so much so than I stopped using it cause I didn't have to. I started using again like a 8mo ago cause my skin sometimes is such uneven tone, especially after workouts or after I get ready in the morning. All the other cover-ups I ever used made me break out sooooo bad, thank god my mom got me bare minerals, I will never use any other product!