Bare Minerals?

Options

Replies

• mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    What if you have dry skin? My skin is kind of dry, will it dry it out more?
  • deewildwoman
    deewildwoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it. Every time I try to switch I either break out or flake out with dry skin. I love the primer, also. I tried other primer, but always go back to BE.

To those who don't like their eye makeup, try their new line, Ready Eye Shadows. It is wonderful and has made me start using their eye shadows when I never did before.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

It won't dry it out more, BUT if you don't properly moisturize it may make your dry skin more noticeable. But you'll get that with any powder makeup. What I typically do is moisturize at night with olive oil, and then again in the morning with vitamin E cream, giving it some time to absorb before putting on makeup. The olive oil might leave you a bit greasy if you use it in the morning, but it absorbs nicely overnight.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    It's fantastic!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    My sis bought me a starter kit and I love it. If you are looking at cost - you could totally get away with just getting a starter kit and using cheaper brands for eyemakeup or blush. However - they do have some awesome eye and/or lip kits from time to time. The kits get you the biggest bang for your buck.
  • BlueDahlia77
    Options
    OMG! It is amazing! If I could afford it I would use it all the time. Right now all I have is their warmth color. You can use it as a blush, but it's this great "base" color. You use it after the foundation, but before everything else. AND THE COLOR WORKS FOR EVERYBODY! It's meant to give you the glow your face gets from smiling.

It is just amazing!!
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love it! The knock-offs do NOT compare.

Really great stuff--esp. cuz I have oliy skin and usually "lose" my makeup--this hangs in there! Plus if you Should forget to wash it off--no biggie, it's good for you skin, so it's ok to sleep in (once in awhike!).

Worth the price.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

It won't dry it out more, BUT if you don't properly moisturize it may make your dry skin more noticeable. But you'll get that with any powder makeup. What I typically do is moisturize at night with olive oil, and then again in the morning with vitamin E cream, giving it some time to absorb before putting on makeup. The olive oil might leave you a bit greasy if you use it in the morning, but it absorbs nicely overnight.

I can't use Bare Minerals because my skin's too dry, even with moisturizing, and the powder makes it look even drier. Sometimes in the middle of the summer when it's really humid I can get away with wearing it, but for the most part I need to stick with cream foundations. Your skin might not be as dry as mine, though.
  • ajbeans
    Options
    I was looking at the website to order more foundation, and I saw in the comments that one woman was saying she has extremely dry skin, so she mists her makeup brush lightly with mineral water, and then does the swirl tap buff thing. She said it makes her skin look dewy and fresh. I've never tried that, so I don't know, but it's something to try.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    i'm not crazy about it either. to me it feels like the emporer's new makeup-- i.e. i cant see it

I think that is the point of it. Your skin looks smooth and flawless without looking like you are wearing any makeup.

I love my Bare Minerals. It's worth the money and for me, one powder lasts for months. I've tried the cheaper mineral makeup but I always go back to BE.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I was looking at the website to order more foundation, and I saw in the comments that one woman was saying she has extremely dry skin, so she mists her makeup brush lightly with mineral water, and then does the swirl tap buff thing. She said it makes her skin look dewy and fresh. I've never tried that, so I don't know, but it's something to try.

That's really interesting. I wonder what the mineral water does? I set a hot wet washcloth on my face for a minute every morning to open up the pores and let moisture in.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I love it! I've used various different mineral powders and they have all worked about the same for me. I ended up going with the Bare Minerals one because it has an SPF in it :) It lasts me for months.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I use it and love it. It's expensive but the container lasts for along time (I get at least 3 months out of it). I don't break out with it, it doesn't make my face greasy, and it still looks good while I'm working out! :)
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    And I agree with many of the other people on here too- I've tried several other mineral make-ups and none work nearly as well or blend as nicely.
  • ajbeans
    Options

That's really interesting. I wonder what the mineral water does? I set a hot wet washcloth on my face for a minute every morning to open up the pores and let moisture in.

I don't know. I assume it kind of liquefies the powder a bit or something.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I use it. My containers usually last for a year. It is actually cheaper for you to buy bare minerals because usually you have to buy two-three containers of base in the store bought stuff a year.
  • myskinnyyear
    myskinnyyear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have it and love it. I usually get mine from QVC as well. Mucho cheaper.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I use it. My containers usually last for a year. It is actually cheaper for you to buy bare minerals because usually you have to buy two-three containers of base in the store bought stuff a year.

I've had the same Sephora brand mineral powder since last year with plenty left. I think it just depends on how much and how you are applying it. I've had the same 3 color blushes for about 3 years now that I think of it! Nars and Bobbi Brown... and I use blush every day and they all have lots left. Is that bad hygiene? Should I change them? It just occurred to me! I change my mascara every few mos or so for hygiene.
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    i'm not crazy about it either. to me it feels like the emporer's new makeup-- i.e. i cant see it

i do LOVE sonia kashuk's foundation and powder and use it every day (from target). i've tried everything and this stuff is amazing for me

Ha!! Exactly!! I don't have very bad skin, but a couple of darker spots and rosacea flares at times. I could barely tell I was wearing anything, so I sent it back.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options

I've had the same Sephora brand mineral powder since last year with plenty left. I think it just depends on how much and how you are applying it. I've had the same 3 color blushes for about 3 years now that I think of it! Nars and Bobbi Brown... and I use blush every day and they all have lots left. Is that bad hygiene? Should I change them? It just occurred to me! I change my mascara every few mos or so for hygiene.

No I don't think it's bad. I use mine everyday. I bought the starter kit one year and the blush last almost 2 years.