All you men, COME HERE.

Options

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    So awesome are some of the responses from the real men on this thread. Stretchmarks used to be an insecurity of mine. But now, I realize that's the last thing a man is really looking at when a woman is nude. Besides, here's a secret....they're not really stretchmarks. They're tiger stripes! Rawr!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Men who are somewhat mature realize this is life & we understand. Maybe BOYS would give a *kitten*, but men don't.

You sir win at life.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I don't have any children and have stretchmarks which is probably why I'm so insecure about them... But I'm glad to see that men don't care about them...at least the ones on MFP :)
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Men who are somewhat mature realize this is life & we understand. Maybe BOYS would give a *kitten*, but men don't.

^^^Obviously a REAL man, no boy child there. :heart:
  • mylilyflower
    Options
    MFP needs a like button!
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    my sons father doesnt mind them at all.. our kid is the reason theyre around!

before we had a child i remember him saying something about his sisters being gross and that was aaaaaalways in the back of my mind until in the past year he'll touch my stomach and talk about how he likes them because james is the reason ive got em..
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    "Whew! Maybe she won't mind mine."
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Why would I waste my time on stretch marks when the wife has boobs and a vagina?:bigsmile:
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options

WELL SAID :drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Meh, I see them everyday at the gym. I feel indifferent about them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Why would I waste my time on stretch marks when the wife has boobs and a vagina?:bigsmile:

my husband is 60 and would say the same thing....stretch marks aren't worth obsessing over ;-) men just want to get in you....all that matters
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I don't have any children and have stretchmarks which is probably why I'm so insecure about them... But I'm glad to see that men don't care about them...at least the ones on MFP :)

I know skinny chicks who haven't had kids who have them. I think people associate them with being severely overweight but sometimes it just happens to the best of us.
  • Kslice39
    Kslice39 Posts: 146
    Options

You sir win at life.

:heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who has been so self-conscious about them. I think, in her mind, they were huge! Not the case. She's an amazing, beautiful woman and, relative to all of that, stretch marks aren't even on the map when it comes to importance.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Most guys are just happy to see you with your clothes off when the time comes. :wink:

**This**

It would take someone as fickle as Christian Bale in American Psycho to think of anything more than that lol
  • lo89ol
    lo89ol Posts: 59
    Options
    So awesome are some of the responses from the real men on this thread. Stretchmarks used to be an insecurity of mine. But now, I realize that's the last thing a man is really looking at when a woman is nude. Besides, here's a secret....they're not really stretchmarks. They're tiger stripes! Rawr!

i really love this...definitely tiger stripes!!! they show that you're a fighter and just like everyone else has said, if a guy has a problem with it, you shouldn't waste your time on such a shallow person..he's not worth it at all
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    The way I look at it, stretch marks are beauty marks in that they are proof of what my wife did to bring us our daughter who we both love more than anything. In a sense, they are also a greater sign of the family unit that we started by marrying and having a child. If she didn't become pregnant (which caused the marks) we wouldn't have a family. So, for a man and particularly a married man they should be considered beauty marks, the beauty that they brought into the world, the beauty that is your family.

Little sappy, but that's the way I look at it.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks, they aren't the "oh yeah.. I sort of see them" ones either. They are the kind that scream "LOOK AT ME" you can see them on my stomach pics. Do I care? No. Why should I? I have a child, and even if I didn't it was part of my life. So I don't care, and guess what? Neither does the man I've been with for seven years, I met him when I was 21 and he was 19. He is not the father of my child, and he thinks I am a beautiful woman, with a great body, a wonderful mind, and ab muscles to DIE FOR. :D See, not even the father of the baby, does he care? No. But he certainly likes to see me naked!

PS. When I go to a beach guys that notice my stretch marks = a few.. girls = a lot, and they usually tell me to put clothes on. :D
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

I know skinny chicks who haven't had kids who have them. I think people associate them with being severely overweight but sometimes it just happens to the best of us.

YUP! I can vouch for skinny chicks too! My best friend and I thanks to puberty have stretch mark scars on our hips & inner thighs and neither of us has weighed more than 125lbs. Meh, it's just part of life.

But not to worry they fade so much over time they become hardly noticeable.

Also, to chime in about the wonderful husbands... my sister has twin boys & was very insecure about her body afterwards. Her husband said that her stretchmarks are beautiful because they are a symbol of the sacrifices she made to give him his sons. There are a lot of great men out there!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options

Also, to chime in about the wonderful husbands... my sister has twin boys & was very insecure about her body afterwards. Her husband said that her stretchmarks are beautiful because they are a symbol of the sacrifices she made to give him his sons. There are a lot of great men out there!
    I notice a lot of people say "Husbands love the mothers of their children" but I wonder if this young woman wants to know if men that aren't FATHERS to their children will not hold their stretch marks against them. By the way, the man that posted "Boys care, men don't" essentially has it right. :D Regardless if the stretch marks are from their child or not.