How it's done, tips from me to you

Options

Replies

• happyhubbard
    Options
    Awesome tips!
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    You guys don't understand how much this just helped me...tears:cry: I was going to start doing the low-carb thing to the extreme (already have the grocery list done for it) and I was really dreading it. I was also almost positive that I would fail at it. Now I have some new-found hope again, and can do it the RIGHT way and the way that WORKS. Please, when you see my posts down the road about being frustrated- tell me to keep doing it! I get so upset when I work so hard and see NO results. I think I'm a little more educated on everything now than I was when I first started 2 months ago. Anyhow- thanks a lot for this post- it is INSPIRATIONAL and MOTIVATING!:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    You guys don't understand how much this just helped me...tears:cry: I was going to start doing the low-carb thing to the extreme (already have the grocery list done for it) and I was really dreading it. I was also almost positive that I would fail at it. Now I have some new-found hope again, and can do it the RIGHT way and the way that WORKS. Please, when you see my posts down the road about being frustrated- tell me to keep doing it! I get so upset when I work so hard and see NO results. I think I'm a little more educated on everything now than I was when I first started 2 months ago. Anyhow- thanks a lot for this post- it is INSPIRATIONAL and MOTIVATING!:drinker:

Because you have so little to lose you I would measure myself. Now that I am in the last 20 pounds I see more on the tape measure than I do on the scale. But OH those muscles feel good babay!!

Good luck to you and I am so glad you found hope in this post!!

:flowerforyou: JEannie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thanks for all the great info. I'm still new at this and seek all the input I can get from those of you who have succeeded.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    BUMPING! :drinker:
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great post!:happy:
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great post:wink:
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    This was great!
    Thanks!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I don't have time right now to read this but I wanted to send it to my topics so I can read it later sorry for the interuption
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    that was great thank you for all the great info!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    HEY! I forgot I wrote this one. :happy:
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Thanks to whomever bumped this back up for the newbies!:flowerforyou:
    Thank you Banks and Kerri for taking time to share!:drinker:

Becky
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm adding it to My Topics. A couple years ago I lost almost 80 lbs. Then I gained about 40 back. Looking back it's because I was dieting, not changing how I eat. It's great that so many people on this site really encourage behaviour change, not just losing weight however you can! Love it. You guys are awesome. Thanks for taking the time to write.
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That was a great post! thanks heaps. I know for myself I had had too high expectations of superfast weightloss, tried to restrict my calories too much, tried a cheat day ect ect and everytime I have failed because it hasnt been a lifestyle change, it has been in my mind a time to suffer until weight is lost and then just go back to what i used to do....

Dealing with the psychological aspects is so important, and for me when i really decided it was time to make a change, even before educating myself about calories, foods ect I undertook a few months of talking therapy with a counsellor to undertsand and uncover for me why food is such an issue.

Now a month after completing this therapy (yes im still a newbie and dont even pretend to think im an authority on such things - just sharing my experences) my mindset has changed, instead of having a treat, and then thinking oh well ive blown the whole day anyway so ill have crap for the rest of the day, I calculate a treat into each days calorie allowance, this way (for the moment until hopefully my chocolholic tendancies are kicked) this way the temptation to binge on cholcoate after witholding it for so long wont happen... I have not had a food binge in 8 weeks, when before I was bingeing 2 to 3 times a week....its not that im holding myself back but really wanting to, its that whatever purpose the binges were serving has been resolved through the talking therapy and I have no drive or desire to ever do that again...

Seriously I am such an advocate now for treating the cause before the symptoms because for me some of the symptoms have now diasappeared, and im just dealing with the consequences of the issue (which was increased fat)...and Ive already lost 2kg but really not feeling like im really doing anything new...its the bad habits that im NOT doing which have made a change

am i making sense..?

But thansk for the great posts guys, you ring true to me!

xPink
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for this :flowerforyou:

just found it because of bumping! whohoo! :drinker:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Tagging this for later :wink:
  • mschooley
    mschooley Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just started MFP...Wanted to save for future uses as well...Thanks for caring...
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow. Those posts re-inspired me. Thanks a lot for whoever kept it going for those of us who didn't catch it before!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Bump!