$20 to spend at Whole Foods: What would you buy?

13»

Replies

• RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    $20? At Whole Foods?

I think that will buy you a cracker or two.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    the organic vanilla salt body scrub in the whole body section.

and an organic T-shirt:heart:

Oooh, that body scrub sounds nice!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Yeah, I should mention I'm not really into things like pre-made hummus, pre-sliced fruits and vegetables, cereal, etc.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    I always go for bulk bins, and coffee. If you want a treat though I would get stuff to make a great dinner like fondu or something :)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    The store has sooooooooo many things. Spend time walking around and look for things you can't get at other stores.

Agree. I buy black lentils, le puy lentils, wakame flakes, etc, at whole foods because I can't get them elsewhere.
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Dagoba cocoa powder for baking. I have an amazing healthy chocolate pudding recipe on my blog and an amazing not so healthy brownie recipe that both call for it. It really is the best. In addition, my grocery store doesn't have kale and I really like baking kale chips. Finally, hemp protein powder would be good to add to smoothies :)
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    stuff that you might find hard to find elsewhere....whole grain pastas (quinoa, spelt, rye....it's much higher in protein and fiber than reg and whole wheat and yummy). there is a great hot cereal i used to eat as a kid that I can only find there...Wheatena

depends what you like....are you a baker, do you love fish? I love their fish dept. so many wild options....black cod, salmon, snapper

yes, cheese dept is good, but i have specialty cheese shops around me so don't go to WF for that. they have great, huge tubs of organic spinach for $5 or so....look around, have fun!
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    I love whole foods, if only there was one closer to me in this town...I had it made in Philadelphia!

I would get as much fresh produce as 20 dollars would take me (and a carton of milk). Sweet potatoes, broccoli, asparagus, cabbage, cucumber, celery, baby spinach. OH yeah!
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Do you like olives? I LOVE their green olives with lemon in the olive bar! Another thing I buy specifically at whole foods is their 365 brand peanut sauce which I use a lot for stir frying veggies. For some reason, I like that brand much more than others. I would also keep an eye out for veggies/fruits that you can't find at other stores. Sometimes they have pretty exotic stuff that can be fun to try.